Seems Blizzard updated their Terms of Sale agreement today

They’re saying over on the classic forums that this is due to someone figuring out how to transfer a classic era character into a season of mastery server. Who knows?

Irrelevant to the problem that it is. And again, that was updated almost a month ago.

1 Like

could have been a grace period idk

Red Herring mate.

https://blacklabellogic.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/redherring.png

5 Likes

Uncle Sam doesn’t care.

2 Likes

There’s no grace period. They’re just making everyone aware that they aren’t responsible for their product not working.

6 Likes

Yes I know. Uncle Sam doesn’t care if blizz gets fined or prohibited from operating in certain countries.

Like dear lord, literally imagine this being applied to anything. ANYTHING. :man_facepalming:

“Now listen guys, i know this new medicine that is suppose to cure you of cold, but is giving you extreme diarrhea and worsens your eyesight, but i am going to tell you, as the maker of the medicine, we aren’t responsible for our product not working. Even though we can make it work if we wanted to.”

6 Likes

Blizzard is disposable garbage in the scheme of things. But don’t mistake for a second that anyone’s so called laws mean anything, outside the real movers.

My main issue with this is a replacement is dirt cheap. Tis only the time and effort of a paid employee who is already on the payroll. Replacement merchandise in retail is very costly but they do it anyway. Blizzard wont spend a couple bucks in labor to rectify an error.

1 Like

So all they need to do is say that bug that removes the transmog you purchased and has been around for literally years is too much trouble to fix. And that should be good enough for players. The fact that they are doing this instead of fixing the bug suggests it’s designed to be a gold sink, so players will just have to keep spending money to re-transmog when their items appear again. Talk about greed.

It’s not a matter of replacing things that are no longer part of your inventory. It’s the fact that those items come and go randomly. You still own them, you just don’t have access for a while. And when that transmog item does come back, you will need to pay gold to re-transmog to it until it disappears again.

3 Likes

The celestial armor doesn’t appear in the armory.

I don’t know… fix it maybe?

Is WoW done because they refuse to fix glitches? Lol

1 Like

This is such a weird decade when EA of all AAA companies is turning around for the better. :tired_face:

5 Likes

I think it is something more simple. It’s to cut down on chargebacks and which if a supplier/vendor/company has too much of, I no doubt believe that has rippling consequences for credit/assurances to others that operations are sound.

Not to mention it causes undo “labor hours” and even money beyond what it took in the initial transaction.

1 Like

LOL right? I love how digital products are just overlooked by normal consumer laws and it’s somehow okay. Like I said earlier, it’s a sad day when EA treats customers fairly and Blizzard just doubles down on, “Not our fault! But here’s some more items to buy!”

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean but said laws have worked before for me so ok.

1 Like

I mean, there are still KNOWN zone intro quest bugs from literally the dawn of the game so game breaking that if they ever happen you might as well shutdown/log off or abandon quest and try again. This is Activision we’re talking about…

Companies don’t want to refund
:open_mouth:

Do the new Terms of Sale say Blizzard doesn’t ever have to fix the game?

Is that literally what it says?

Because that’s what it sounds like.

“Here’s the next content. We know it’s broke, but you just bought it… no refunds and we’re not fixing any of it. TERMS OF SALE, fools!”

6 Likes

They are just covering up same bloody issues that came out with those first store brought helms they put in the store in 2013 that did the same thing like the Murloc back piece is doing now…its same bloody bug effecting mogs and losing the outfits in your display tab. Its been going on for 8 yrs now.

Now with these Murloc ones tied too 6 month sub money they don’t want to lose that money now…its as plain and simply that now. The helms were not tied too a sub but out right brought and not as much money to have to pay back.

2 Likes