Seems Blizzard updated their Terms of Sale agreement today

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/911061686386044980/916508328966897674/Screenshot_60.png

I get this screen upon turning on my PC and launching battle.net

You should carefully read these Terms of Sale (“Terms of Sale“), which govern any purchase you make from Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliates (“Blizzard”), including any purchases made through Battle.net® ([https://us.battle.net/login/en/(https://us.battle.net/login/en/)]) or the Battle.net® Shop (https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us). By making a purchase from Blizzard, you agree to be bound by this legal contract, and you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years old or that you have the permission from your parents or a legal guardian to enter into this legal contract. If you do not agree to these Terms of Sale, do not make a purchase from Blizzard.

Section C –Digital Content and Services

Orders for Digital Content and Services.
By placing an order on the Battle.net Shop, you are submitting a binding offer to purchase digital content, such as digital versions of Blizzard interactive games and digital content for Blizzard products (“Digital Content”) or services from Blizzard. Blizzard is not liable to you, nor will be in breach of contract, for any loss or damage as a direct or indirect result of Blizzard’s failure or delayed performance or impossibility to perform by circumstances beyond Blizzard’s reasonable control. Based upon your billing address, Blizzard will collect sales tax on your behalf and remit payment to the state government in states where digital goods are taxable.

Your order is accepted, and a contract concluded once Blizzard has sent you a Confirmation Email (“Confirmation Email”). YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE SUPPLY OF DIGITAL CONTENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF BLIZZARD’S SERVICES BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IS SENT

read the fine print in bolded

there you have it, it seems after people trying to get refunds on the transmog/murloc backpack they updated this.

So from here on out if you buy anything from their in game store, you agree that should it ever disappear from your collections, you accept and understand they are not liable for your damages, but they will resolve it in due time.

35 Likes

Soon ™

26 Likes

Oh good, i’m glad you’ve cleared that one up to make it even more easier to avoid the store since now apparently Blizzard thinks it’s our problem (or at least not their problem) for buying MTX and expecting functioning MTX. Neat. :slight_smile:

49 Likes

people will still buy stuff in their in game store everyone will just forget this happened

4 Likes

As usual, they will release something else and these tools will just say “wow take my money Blizzard!!”

7 Likes

Seriously, how is this acceptable to you?.. How are you just sitting there and being “Yea it’s fine, becuase these people will forget lol”?.. What, you didn’t have problems with your mog so your acting like it’s totally fine? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

People will remember swiftly if this doesn’t get fixed, and fixed it should, because this is on Blizzard here regardless how much Blizzard wants to play lawyer.

26 Likes

It’s been there. And that hasn’t been updated since November. It’s also why they aren’t getting any of my money until this issue is fixed. Treating digital items differently than physical items is poor business practice to me and just an excuse to keep charging people for things they know don’t work.

5 Likes

how many people still remember the Blitzchung event?

the last time it was mentioned was october 2020 based on these forums so Its safe to say majority of general discussion forgotten about that moment

5 Likes

Their terms of sale was:

“We sell you crap you dont want, for money it does not worth, and pay a inept story teller to lead the story design team.”

Their terms became:

“We sell you crap you dont want, for money it does not worth, and pay a inept story teller to lead ALL TEAMS.”

3 Likes

I don’t know how it’s acceptable to anyone. If this were a physical item that didn’t work, there’d be refunds and it would be pulled from shelves until it worked.

14 Likes

What’s your point? That people forget, so that means it’s totally fine? It’s not fine regardless if people remember it or not.

As i said, people will remember swiftly if it doesn’t get fixed. And they should be called out for dodging responsibilities on something broken like this. I hate MTX, but this is even more despicable in what they are doing.

8 Likes

This went live when they had to revert the SoM transfers they allowed from era to SoM. It may cover the mog issues but it’s not why.

2 Likes

If i’m reading this correctly, I think its supposed to mean you aren’t entitled to a refund because you didn’t like the product for it not giving you exactly what you wanted when you wanted? Iunno, the wording still seems like a mechanic saying: look i’m not liable if your brakes fail 5 minutes after you pull out of the lot when we fixed em.

Well… this part says this here. :point_down:

Blizzard is not liable to you, nor will be in breach of contract, for any loss or damage as a direct or indirect result of Blizzard’s failure or delayed performance or impossibility to perform by circumstances beyond Blizzard’s reasonable control.

Your order is accepted, and a contract concluded once Blizzard has sent you a Confirmation Email (“Confirmation Email”). YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE SUPPLY OF DIGITAL CONTENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF BLIZZARD’S SERVICES BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IS SENT

Fun fact. My countries consumer protection law supercedes any US contract law rendering any changes that conflict with said federal law, moot. Breaching such laws may result in financial penalties and suspension of Blizzards ability to operate in my country.

Governments eh :crazy_face:

19 Likes

It’s their way of saying, “we aren’t responsible if it doesn’t work.” When I put in a ticket and asked for my refund on my six month sub because of this, I got a response that linked their Terms of Sale and basically said, “make sure you read this, we aren’t liable.”

8 Likes

You’re lucky.

big oof :confused:

If i had not noticed this when I logged in, or maybe just clicked accept without looking, and log in WoW, would you, yourself see it? or would you too just instantly click accept and continue on with your WoW business?

Yep. Even EA gave out refunds and pulled stuff from the shop when it wasn’t working temporarily.

3 Likes