Seeing replies from players on ignore

There are a few trolls who will not stop harrassing me and their posts are showing up in my responses. To that, some of their responses are not ignored. I also see some of them when people quote them. Is there any way to stop this?

Imgur

Quite a few responses violate the TOS.

Appreciate any help.

1 Like

You may want to edit out the name(s) you’re posting there. While I know most of them are benign, as it were, you are also specifically calling out one person whom you’re trying to put on ignore. Doing that puts you in danger of being hit with a harassment flag for “naming and shaming.”

I know that’s not an answer for your issue, and I do apologize for that. I just don’t like folks coming in and not realizing they’re putting themself at risk of getting in trouble.

7 Likes

Flag and make sure there on ignore they could be account hopping im also pretty sure u shoudlnt be name shaming them here thats against the rules.

3 Likes

There isn’t a way to stop someone from quoting you, folks wanting to reply to stuff and such.

5 Likes

I’ve also had this issue.

2 Likes

You’re entirely right, and I usually do, but I’m honestly fed up with it. I have been reporting these players constantly. I’m sick of it. Nothing is happening. Been posting here since TBC and I’m getting no relief. The few tools I have are useless.

Heres the thing if nothing happenining then probably no rules are brokenWhat u think breaks forum COC and blizzard dont always work together.

3 Likes

To be frank, not liking someone replying to you isn’t breaking the rules. Even then, the most anyone can tell you is just ignore them and try to go about your day.

4 Likes

Understood, but I have had my share of suspensions over the years. Nearly all of them were responding in kind to these remarks. I know better, but it’s hard not to at times.

This stuff those is becoming unrelenting. Be followed around every thread to start an argument sucks. I have really enjoyed this place and the game overall and all that is being lost and it sucks.

It goes well beyond that. =/

That’s why I wish the ignore function actually ignored comments. They are showing up in my alerts and just in the feed. I try to ignore some of them, but they just blow up my thread.

Your whole thread is basicly everyone is wrong and im right and im just gona keep arguing im 70 posts in and its basicly u vs them and ur just not liking there responses alot of the responses are hardly reportable.

5 Likes

It’s the same people following me around a bunch of threads. The comment I’m being attacked over was saying there used to be more blue posts, which there were. I followed up with a link showcasing that. A couple of them conceded. Regardless, the initial responses clearly break TOS. The comment was benign as well. If someone disagrees, that’s fine, but it didn’t warrant the responses.

As does yours here with the call out.

It’s how the system is right now. Ignoring a forum user only hides their replies instead of removing them from your UI entirely, and previews of their quotes are visible when posted by other players. The website isn’t programmed like the game so the ignore tools just aren’t there.

Blizzard has known about this for a while so I am not sure when or if the change is coming. I’m still holding out a small shred of hope that they are just going to overhaul the entire website with a new one like they did before, which would explain why it is taking so long.

2 Likes

Updated and removed the name.

The same people follow me in game. It’s like playing wack-a-mole. The ignore should be global. It should, at the very least, prevent them from seeing topics I start… or something. That their responses still show up in my feed is frustrating.

2 Likes

I can still see the hidden profiles…
They are not so hidden that we can still read them.

If you want to give feedback, it’d best to look at this article and put your thoughts a place for it. The CS forum isn’t for such, and we don’t have much to offer other then ignore them and go about your day. Everything else needs to be put in as a suggestion.

4 Likes

I don’t even have that many people on ignore, yet a bunch of them are all liking and quoting the same posts?

Imgur

Same group of people in a bunch of threads. Some of them are on hidden profile accounts, others are on characters with almost 0 posts.

It’s constant. Some of them are hopping on alts and liking their own content. Likewise, if I do hop on an alt like this one, all my ignores are gone…?

3 Likes

Is it possible the reply showing up is because of the threads tracking method? Threads you have created will default to watching, which will notify you of all new replies. Does it still do this on tracking/normal?

1 Like