Seeds of Addiction [the reboot] OOC/sign-ups

Riding closer on the back of his black warbear Odin,Dr. Kalithos Sunfall stops infront of the gate letter in one hand,Odin’s reigns in the other. He hopped off the bear giving him a small pat on his head. "Have a seat boy,I won’t be too long. He was dressed in his silver armor with gold trim and tabard that bore the Argent Crusade crest approaching one of the gate guards handing them the distress letter “Good afternoon Gentlemen,I’m a doctor from Eversong Woods and have received this urgent letter asking for my aid in treating a direly ill patient.” The guard looked the blood elf up and down,still getting used to the prospect of peace between factions but then noticed the Argent crest. “Alright Doctor,the letter shows credibility and your credentials check out you may pass but tread carefully,some may still have not moved on from recent events.”
Kalithos gave a nod and made his way into the city getting a mix of curious looks,normal passers by and the occasional dirty look causing him to frown a little. He cleared his throat making it to the residence knocking on the door before being let in. He looked over the ailing boy who looked to be no older than 17 shaking his head given he himself wasn’t that much older than his patient “So miss,tell me by your recollection,what happened?” He asked while running his tests including extracting a small blood sample and placing it into a tightly sealed container. “It’s as I stated in my letter Dr. Sunfall,my son Richie had started hanging out with some friends I’ve never seen before and shortly after receiving a strange plant started behaving in matters that were unlike his character. I had my husband go to Richie’s room to let him know supper was where he found Richie motionless.” She paused wiping a tear from her eye with a handkerchief “We’ve tried to write missives to physicians here but they were said to have five other cases of a similar origin happening leaving them without any freed up staff. A colleague of my husband informed me of a young medic from the days of his Argent Crusade service and it was then we decided to write our missive,I was shocked to see a blood elf,but if you can help my son you could be a kobold for all I care!” Kalithos looked towards the woman with a small frown of pity which quickly turned to a small smile of reassurance.

“You needn’t worry miss,I’ll see what I can do,consider it a hunch but I’ll be taking the plant in question with me to study it and the blood sample. If it means losing sleep I’ll work night and day to find a cure for your son’s ailment. For now I’ll leave some potions with you that maybe of help in at least keeping him comfortable.” He gave a polite bow before carefully placing the plant into a satchel so as not to prick himself and bade the woman farewell,at least for now. Time passes as the setting was now Sunfall clinic where Kalithos looked over a small drop of the blood sample under a microscope while a small gnomish device was recording a memo in the background. “There’s definitely something wrong flowing through the blood stream…” he muttered as he extracted a small sample of the plant’s enzyme squirting it into a vial “Now let’s see what happens when I combine this enzyme with a small portion of the blood sample…” As he poured it his eyes went wide seeing it turn almost black with a small heat reaction “This reaction,the blood nearly looks like ink…” He closed the vial and placed it in a holder rushing over to one of the botany books he borrowed from the library flipping through pages “The picture does look similar to the plant,a weed witches used in the Kul Tiran land of Drustvar for their sacrificial rituals known as Trancebloom. In minor doses it would be administered as a hallucinagen that triggered dopamines in the brain causing it to be habit forming but in huge doses would become a neurotoxin making the victims fall into a catatonic state. If left untreated,the neurotoxin could indeed prove fatal and if what my patient stated earlier,five other known lives are in danger,potentially more. Tonight I pack a few belongings and come morning depart for Drustvar.” He stopped the memo and pulled out a quill and parchment and began a missive:

To whomever this missive will reach,my name is Dr. Kalithos Sunfall and I am in need of your aid. Despite peace between our factions,a new crisis has reared it’s ugly head not of the tyranical variety nor of the demonic variety,but that of a biological variety. A plant that goes by the name of Trancebloom has made its way from Drustvar to the other various provinces of Azeroth which five known people have been put into a comatose state because of it and for all we know,there are more falling victim to the neurotoxin’s addictive effects as I write this.I seek a handful of people to aid me in collecting plant samples in hopes of combating it and curing the afflicted,should my letter reach you,be prepared for whatever dangers may follow upon those lands. May this message reach someone safely!"

Ladies and Gentlemen,welcome to Seeds of Addiction [the reboot] where a foreign plant is wreaking havoc upon the citizens of azeroth leaving many comatose or under its addictive influence,there will be a potential spooky element involved peppered with some elements of a crime drama as someone may have smuggled a few of these problematic plants into Azeroth,was it a cult? was it a crime organization? Sign up and find out giving your characters name,short bio and reason for joining the venture,you don’t have to be apart of the good doctor’s team,you could indeed be apart of the darker side of things [given it doesn’t derail the thread ^_^;;] I have a few rules though

1. No god moding/Mary-sue or Gary Stu characters,wouldn’t be very fun if someone suddenly found an insta solution so quickly into the thread! I wanna be about fairness.
2. If you sign up,be sure you know you can commit and post consistently,if something comes up lemme know in the OOC and I can NPC your character enough to where you don’t fall behind until you get back.
3. No drama-if there’s an issue between a pair of players,I’d prefer you resolve it outside of the forums if you can,if it shows you’re being disruptive or are making someone feel uncomfortable you will be asked to leave. To quote Roofus in Bill&Ted: Be excellent to one another.
4. Have fun,at the end of the day it is an RP thread and if you have any questions,leave them in the OOC/Sign up thread and I’ll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Name:

Race:

Short bio:

Reason for joining:

1 Like

I will sign someone up, just waiting to see what personalities show up

(Edit)

This is a fairly new character that I created after several reedits of Alariah’s backstory, to fill in timeline gaps in her in-game story. So I still have to tweak this character’s history, and flesh out her personality a bit more, due to the numerous reedits I did with her over the past several months. I’ve kind of been a bit indecisive with new main characters both with roleplay and gameplay reasons lately. I’m not sure if it’s okay to have one of her own family members being a victim of the plant is acceptable, but this was the only reason I found for her coming out of hiding to assist the issue. Though if not, I’ll try to think of something else that would work.

Name: Kalisandrah Silverwing (still has her father’s surname)

Race: Sin’dorei

Short bio: Kalisandrah is the second born child, out of four of her father Raylen Silverwing’s children. Like both her mother Alariah Sylvain, and her father Raylen Silverwing; she was born into minor nobility. But given that she was both female and the second born child within her household, she was not to be the heir to her family’s estate, and the title would later go to her older brother Kaldrian. However, she was still trained in the ways of a Farstrider and beast mastery by her mother, to ensure the safety of her people in homeland.

Ten years prior to the initial attack on Quel’thalas during the Third War; she married a Quel’dorei mage, by the name of Teramar Sunsworn, after becoming close to him during her time spent serving the Farstriders. A year or so after their marriage, Kalisandrah bore their daughter Vanira, who would later show talent in the arcane in the following years.

During the fall of Quel’thalas during the Third War, her family had taken a heavy losses. Among those casualties were her husband and father, who had been slain defending their homeland from the undead during the full brunt of the assault. Kalisandrah and her daughter managed to survive the carnage, though the huntress herself suffered several injuries, as she escaped deeper into the woods with her daughter and hid until the attack finally ceased.

Ever since that event, she had spent her time in seclusion, trying to come to terms with her grief and failure to protect those she had grown close to. Though when the time came to answer the call of her duty as a Farstrider, she took her orders. Though during the following campaigns she chose to isolate herself emotionally. Fearing that she would be the cause of death, to those close to her in a moment of weakness.

It wasn’t until the more recent invasion of the Burning Legion and the campaign within the Broken Isles, that she finally started to become more open and allowing people into her life again. She had spent a significant amount of time in Suramar, assisting the efforts of the Nightfallen in reclaiming their city. One individual that she had met within Suramar’s wilds, was a male by the name of Nathaldrian, whom she became close to during their efforts to reclaim his city. After the city was reclaimed and the decision was later made that the Nightborne would join the Horde; Nathaldrian chose to join her within Silvermoon, and during the events that followed, the pair chose to fight by each other’s side, just as their people had done.

Reason for joining: Upon discovering that her now twenty-three year old daughter had become a victim of the strange plant’s effects, after the young woman had returned to their small enclave in Silvermoon later than usual; Kalisandrah took it upon herself to seek out the Sin’dorei doctor her mother had mentioned befriending over the last several years, to help assist in finding a cure to the plant’s effects.

1 Like

Have you got a limit on number of characters?

Name:
Plague Master- Darak Rotmourne

Race: Human (Undead)

Short bio: Darak is a mysterious figure, a once willing member of Arthas at the time when he reigned as lich king, ever since the fall of arthas, he kept hidden, hiding in the shadows and only revealing himself when he saw fit.

Reason for joining: Darak has taken a interest in the witches of drustvar, the magic they had was of interest, he wanted to see if he could recruit them to his own army.
but has changed that view upon hearing of a certain paladin treading into the region.
his spies network already begin infiltrating the local populace in a way to find out more for there dark master.

1 Like

Name: Kyra (Real Name: Kyrastrasza)

Race: Void-touched Red Dragon

• Appearance: Ren’dorei

Short bio: For the longest time, Kyra acted in the interests of Life and her Dragonflight. However, during the attack on the Vermillion Redoubt by the Void Dragon Vexiona, Kyra was captured by the forces of the Twilight Dragons and was subjected to the raw powers of the Void in an attempt to corrupt her. Thankfully, the arrival of Kalegos turned the tide and allowed the other Red Dragons to save her and purge most of the corruption from her. However, she is not entirely free of the power of the Void and now seeks a way to purify or control the forces attempting to taint her mind.

Reason for joining: Even in Kyra’s own quest to free herself from the Void’s influence, she cannot ignore her flight’s calling to protect Life. When she heard of victims of this strange and invasive plant, she made her way to this ‘Dr. Kalithos’ to offer her assistance.

1 Like

I’m thinking maybe 8 see how it goes from there.

Sorry, I meant per person. I’ve got two characters I wanted to try and flesh out more, but I feel like they work best as a duo.

If that’s not okay let me know, I’ve got others I could use.

If you can make it work go ahead I can extend by a character or 2 as long as it doesn’t get too crazy

Cool, thank you

Temp Post. I’m thinking about joining with this character (an older Night Elf Druid) but I need to suss out a few irl details with work and see if/how Coolbreeze might fit. IC she’s holding onto a lot of animosity over the Darkshore/Teldrassil matter and I can’t yet tell if she would be willing to shelve this in order to help out with this or not.

I’ll be in touch when I figure my things out. Don’t wait on my account though.

I might be interested in signing myself up.

The notion that the plant may indeed not be from Azeroth at all certainly does add some cosmic intrigue.

Oh boy, this is going to be a weird sign-up, but here goes! Character is still new, so may need to do some tweaking later.

Name: Kav’ra the Stormbinder

Race: Sethrak

Short Bio: Kav’ra was intrigued by the arrival of strange foreigners at the temple of the Faithful in Vol’dun, most notably those bearing the colors of blue and gold. Tired of the harsh desert sands and wishing to know more about these newcomers, she stowed away on one of their vessels one night to see where it might take her. Though her unexpected appearance caused quite the commotion on the way to Boralus, she was able to build enough trust with the crew to work for her place and eventually earn a place amongest them.

Reason for joining: The time has come to leave the ship and strike out on her own. Spying the flyer in one of the local establishments, Kav’ra decided to see what adventures might lay in store.

1 Like

Ok so far I approve of Kalisandrah,Kav’ra,Darak and Kyra

Hopefully these two will last more than three posts this time.

Name: Sylvester Berkau

Race: Human

Short bio: Born the eldest son of the Berkau family and raised on the pride and honor of Gilnean aristocracy, Sylvester was groomed from childhood to inherit the family estate. As he grew older, however, he became sharply aware of the expectation that came with that.

As a young adult, his drive to exceed such expectations started as an admirable dedication to self improvement, but quickly became an arrogant obsession that led him toward distasteful fields of study. In secret he became enthralled with Void magic. He had grand and vague plans of using this power to somehow propel him into accomplishment and renown, but all that broke down when Gilneas fell.

With his family seemingly dead, his homeland in ruins, and his social status knocked down to nothing, his ambitions all burnt out and his life stalled. Eventually he heard rumors that his estranged brother was still alive and working for some shadowy organization, and with nothing else going on at the time he decided to investigate.

In the process he met Ryvyn and they fought some cultists together. When that was more or less over, he used the last wealth he could salvage from his family estate, moved to Stormwind, and opened a consultancy office, where he and Ryvyn work as glorified mercenaries.

Reason for joining: Normally he charges for this kind of thing, but the nature of the plant has prompted him to go pro bono this time. Call it ‘academic curiosity’.

Name: Ryvyn

Race: Blood Elf

Short bio: Ryvyn always meant well, things just didn’t always work out that way. She wanted to be a mage growing up but her aptitude didn’t match her dreams. Unable to ever conjure something of substance, she tried for a compromise and studied illusion magic.

That went passably well, but things fell apart when the Scourge wiped out Quel’Thalas. She lost an arm, her family, and any sense of stability or direction in her life when Silvermoon fell, and in the aftermath of that she made a few mistakes. Over the following years she joined a cult, became an assassin, realized that was maybe a bad idea and tried to quit, lost her tongue as punishment, then ran into Sylvester, bonded over similar life experience, and together they killed her boss.

Without any other prospects she stuck with the Warlock, and they’ve been working as mercenaries since.

Reason for joining: She’d appreciate a chance to do something meaningful for once.

Name: Vynianyx Firefur

Race: Kaldorei

Appearance: Average height. Fit build. Silver hair. Pink skin. Amber blue eyes. She wears leather armor and carries a polearm that she rarely uses. Her shoulder piece on the left is modified to also be a perch for her cinder cat. Her brow houses a pair of antlers, four point tines.

Her cat form has two phases. She can either be silver furred or covered in flames. In either case, she wears a set of titanium claws on her front paws, made to funnel the heat of her fire cat form into them to make them searing hot.

Her bear form is dark purple furred with a smoldering underneath. Stag form is dark brown with a slight smoke coming from the fur. Her bird form is a small firehawk.

Short bio: Vyn was born shortly after the sundering. Her father was a gifted druid, from which she inherited her gifts. Upon her brow nubs formed, an indicator of her druidic gift. Her mother was not sure what the nubs were, and she worked to file and hide them. Did her child get contaminated by the demons? The implosion of the well? Her daughter wanted to play in the forests, which her mother forbade. Vyn’s family wanted her to become a priestess or a huntress.

Vyn self taught herself druidism up until her parents died. After that, she encountered a group of green dragons that tutored her in the way of the dream. For thousands of years at a time, Vyn would travel and train within the dream of Azeroth. It was there that she encountered Nordaria, and the pair became close friends.

After the Third War, Vyn wanted to join the Cenarion Circle, which Nordaria protested. The pair’s relationship became strained, and eventually they went their separate ways. Nordaria travelled to Outlands while Vyn stayed on Azeroth.

When next Vyn and Nordaria crossed paths, it was on Mount Hyjal. The druids that sided with Ragnaros were cause havoc, and Vyn was aiding in the efforts to stop them. The pair were initially delighted to be reunited, but that joy was short lived. Nordaria tried to get Vyn to join Fandral, and Vyn refused. The pair dueled, and with feral brutality, Vyn became the victor. However, she was not unharmed. As she left Nordaria’s body to slide into the lava, she collapsed. A travelling member of the Earthen Ring, Sylstyx, came upon her. She healed Vyn and consoled the grieving woman. The two became close friends.

After killing Nordaria and recovering, Vyn decided to join the Avengers of Hyjal. There, she could work to undo the damage Nordaria had caused. As if a twist of fate, the Avengers tasked her with studying the fire cats and training a kitten to be a force for nature’s recovery. Initially, Vyn met her task with animosity, but the cute antics and innocence of her test kitten won her over.

Vyn now practices fire druidism as a force for good. Through the observations she made of the fire cats, the Avengers of Hyjal could now rehabilate them and utilize them. Fire was a force within nature used in recovery and rebirth, something Vyn could now master and use. She no longer needs the aid of external sources to access her own fire cat and fire animal forms.

Vyn is also friends with a ragtag group of beings. Through Sylstyx, Vyn was dragged on a venture to save some woman named Xinaria. That woman’s friend Kersia had sought out Sylstyx, and Vyn by proxy, to help her. Sylstyx and Xinaria had known each other through the Stormwind church. Xinaria was captured by another woman named Mortre. Mortre, Kersia, Xinaria, Vynianyx, and Sylstyx ended up on semi friendly terms after everything was said and done. Much to Vyn’s surprise, her new friends were all dragons.

Vyn and Kersia’s relationship is rather strained at the moment. Kersia took it upon herself to turn Vyn into a Kul’Tiran for a time, which Vyn did not appreciate.

Reason for joining:

“Please please please!” Kersia was on her hands and knees, bowing in front of Vynianyx.

Vyn stood arms crossed and sighed. “Why on Azeroth would I do a favor for you?”

“Because!” Kersia hopped up. “I know you care about this misuse of plants.”

“Not… really?” Vyn shook her head as the ground around her started to smolder.

Kersia noticed the trickle of slight smoke and smirked. Clearly the druidess was still angry with her. “Oh come on now, put that fiery temper away. We are pals, right? That is what you mortals say? Pals? That is us, completely.”

“Tch,” Vyn scowled. “Do you really think I can just forgive you? Just like that?”

“Well,” Kersia thought for a moment. “Yes?”

“Not gonna happen.” Vyn turned to leave.

“Guess…” Kersia sighed. “Guess I’ll just ask Sylstyx.”

Vyn stopped in her tracks. A small blaze sparked near her feet as her hands trembled. She turned towards Kersia. “Don’t you dare rope Sylstyx into you asinine schemes.”

“Oh, but then who will go investigate for me? I need someone. I’ve got another commitment I cannot ignore. But I need this!”

Vyn snarled. “FINE! Fine! I will go. But don’t expect great results.” She left the room and slammed the door, each step searing the ground she walked on.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard Vyn! Nel you check out too,I’ll leave the sign ups open one more day then I’ll get this party started [got someone on reserve so they can join whenever they can get their sign up going]

Name: Zirahael

Race: Night Elf(Demon Hunter)

Short bio:
Like many Illidari, Zirahael’s past and even her original name is shrouded in secrecy and mystery; some of it intentional, other being coincidental. Most of what is commonly known is that she was once a sentinel before joining the Illidari, and that she is among the younger of her order… at least by elven standards.

Following the fall of the Legion, she has stayed with the Illidari; performing lesser cleanup missions or contracts between exploring the world she never had a chance to experience before during the Night Elves’ isolation and the war with the Legion.

Reason for joining:
The sound of heavy chains rattling and stone grinding against stone filled the blackened halls of the sanctum as a heavy set of doors swung wide, filling the dimly lit interior with baleful feel green light as the demonic figure of a lightly clad and tattooed demon huntress strode into the chambers. Her demonic skin was scarred and bruised, but unlike the tattered, chipped and half-broken practice warglaives she held in her hands; her demonic constitution was already healing itself, slowly closing the wounds and scars as she walked.

“Ah, you are finally here, Zirahael. Seeing as you are done playing around, the order has some actual work for you.” Sounded a feminine yet demonic voice that filled the hall.

Suddenly, Zirahael came to a stop; her veiled eyes peering towards the corner of the room. There, she could see a ritual circle laid out across the darkened floor; intricate dark diagrams and mystical reagents. Looming over the circle would be the towering figure a violet shivarra demoness, clad in the usual ostentatious attire of her kin. In her shadow, hunched over the circle; was a smaller, heavily robed and hooded orc warlock who seemed intently focused on the mystical circle.

Another of the Warlocks they had hired, Zirahael realized. It made her miss the old days, back when they had once had ready access to Silvermoon’s finest magisters. Now they literally had to make do with the lowest bidder, and it irked her to no end.

“I am glad to hear it, Zhellisrah. For a moment there I was worried I was interrupting your private mentor here. It is about time someone actually taught you divination magic, especially after the last goose chase you sent me on.” Zirahael spoke in return, nodding towards the warlock; and the shivarra hissed dangerously. Fortunately for the warlock’s own safety, he seemed too busy with the ritual to notice.

“My augury can never make up for your inability track anything!” The Shivarra growled!

" … for me to track something it requires there to be something to track in the first place. The last time your ‘augury’ sent me haunting the Arathi Highlands, and before that; it was stopping a demonic incursion, an incursion that involved a single imp… that was already dead when I got there." Zirahael replied, allowing one of the broken servants to take the ruined warglaives off her hands.

"On Azeroth, there is this herb that is being smuggled… " Zhellirsah began, before Zirahael cut her off!

“Herb? Are you about to send me after common criminals now… ?!”

“They are but the medium you fool! I have rolled the bones and spoken with the spirits - there are greater forces at work here!”

Even without any physical eyes, Zirahael made a very credible impression of giving an incredulous look as she gazed back up at the shivarra.

“Very well… but if this is another empty errand, I will see you sent back to the Twisting Nether!” Zirahael grumbled, making a clawed gesture with her hand as to indicate she lacked the energy to argue further as she turned away from the demon.
“Send me the details; I will prepare my departure. And I will not use one of your portals this time.”

Hey, I haven’t been around here in a little while. If you got room for one more mage, I’d be more than happy to get back into the groove of things. :slight_smile:

Name: Richard Parker

Race: Human

Short bio: Richard is a tall, lanky fellow. Dirty blond hair that’s always a bit unkempt rests upon his head. He’s a scholarly alchemist with a penchant for Fire Magic that he learned through his studies over the years. Had a long-time friend in Synthara the Panther whom has now passed on. Currently resides nowhere given the recent events of the world have uprooted his way of life. Funnily enough he wanted to give up the call of the adventure but it always squirmed it’s way back in and Richard can’t help himself to be brought back into the fold when it suits him. He just helps whomever he can at the moment.

Reason for joining: Being an alchemist he knows a thing or two about plants So a recent plant related illness with potential dubious intents behind it would be right up his alley.

Alright,the reserved friend aside looks like I got all the sign ups I’m going to receive,I’ll brainstorm and get this thread up today.

2 Likes