Second False Ban in SoD

Not sure what criteria you’re using to ban people, but there are clearly flaws that are affecting innocent players. The lack of response from a REAL person is really really disheartening. Last time I had to put in 5 appeals over the course of six days before someone replied with “sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.” Now, I’m a Guild Master. What am I supposed to do now? Am I really expected to just sit and wait ANOTHER week and just act like this hasn’t happened twice now? Come on.

1 Like

You will need to appeal the same as you did before. They do not take appeals via the forums. Also note, all appeals are handled by real people.

9 Likes

More of a criticism than anything. I could care less at this point. Clearly a system fault but I’m not gonna be made to feel like a cheater just because I play more than the average person, for a second time. I’m not coming here to appeal. I know the purpose of the forums. I’m not going to wait six days while I have a guild to run. I’m just gonna walk away this time.

1 Like

Unfortunately, your “criticism” will not be heard here. The team that handles account actions don’t come here for feedback

6 Likes

Good thing this wasn’t meant for them to read. More of a warning to everyone not to get too invested in this game, because they can just accidentally take it all away and force you through severe anxiety if you want your account back.

What are you getting suspended for.

Botting/hacking, for the second time. It was uplifted last time and I assumed that they’d put a note in my account not to make the same mistake but I’m proven wrong today.

Okay, also this forums is not the place to soapbox or vent.

2 Likes

They wouldnt put notes on the account thats nor how it works they go by logs and what they can verify either the logs are wrong or there accurate.

5 Likes

I mean, they were wrong last time. But I had to sit here for six days putting in several tickets. One wasn’t enough because they would just copy/paste reply and CLOSE it.

Something getting you flagged it could be where ur farming and spending too much time in one spot if you do come dont be so static farm different locations.

There’s the heart of your issue.

No, they do not “put notes” on accounts like that. Why wouldn’t they, you might ask? Because if they “put a note” on the account, then acted accordingly, it essentially means the player could get away with breaking the rules, simply on the basis of one false positive.

That’s such an insane thing to think.

Now, to your original post:

Of course there are flaws. It’s a group of imperfect human beings acting upon (at times) imperfect data and imperfect extrapolations. This is precisely the reason why the appeals process is in place. To examine possible false positives and reinstate accounts that may have been affected.

All response are from a real person. All responses (when it comes to appeals) are also answered with a template. Either the action is upheld, or it’s removed and the account reinstated. Either way, there is no need to waste time being inefficient by typing out the same upheld or reinstated response every single time.

The exact same process you went through before. The same process that you know first hand works, albeit slower than you would like.

I’m not sure how not wanting to wait a week, so you’re just going to quit helps your guild out, but that’s your choice. Good luck in your future gaming endeavors.

6 Likes

When it comes to appeals, they only use templates. Each time you appeal, a different person typically is handling the appeal and looks at the data to determine if the account action should be upheld.

That said, you mentioned that you play more than average. Whenever I hear something like that, it does raise some red flags. Everyone needs sleep and if you’re playing non-stop for extended periods of time, that could be the issue. For example, if you are not logging off in a 24 hour period, then that may be a factor. We all need sleep.

6 Likes

Something on your system is triggering Warden. If you have anything at all, something you may use in another game or for work, that can automate game play in any way, it can and will be picked up. Or, if you use software provided with your mouse or keyboard to create macros that automate more than one key press at a time, that is also against the rules.

5 Likes

No, this is not what causes a suspension for botting/hacking. Blizzard is technologically far beyond the need to “watch” a player to see if they “look” like a bot.

Taking it at face value that this is another false positive, something is tripping this. It could be a program running in the background, a macro being used, etc.

2 Likes

So, you really need to invest some time in what may be causing it to happen multiple times. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

Great! You know how to appeal, and you know it’s not through this forum.

If you intend to stay, then you’ll need to get the appeals process started.

If you intend to leave, you’ll want to leave your feedback in the box provided when cancelling your account.

Either way, this forum cannot really help you.

5 Likes

I need to invest time in identifying a flaw in their system? What? That’s not how being a customer works.

Well, no.

Being a customer boils down two real choices: being willing to accept the product offered as it is, or not being willing and walking away.

The idea that a customer can somehow force a company to change their product is a charming fantasy that has very little factual basis, as long as the company doesn’t want to change. And Blizzard is famous for resisting changes.

5 Likes

No, you need to invest time in finding out if something in your setup or playstyle is tripping their detection systems. Like others have said, it could be a program running that you don’t even use for the game, or a process you don’t even know is running in the background. It could be a macro you’re using that you don’t know is causing an issue.

No, how being a customer works is you are in the company’s arena, so you need to follow their rules. That means no masked profanity on the forums (and in game). That means filing your appeal in the correct place. That means leaving your feedback in the correct place.

You don’t get to do what you want, how you want, or say whatever you want, just because you feel aggrieved.

7 Likes

Well, I think I’ll make this my last comment, since you’ve moved into masked profanity and just state that this is an example of why we’re technically not allowed to discuss in-game actions on the forums.

While there is a little leniency given here in the CS forums, it is indeed against the rules (as is masked profanity).

I’m sure you’ll reply with something along the lines of not caring, but you will indeed have to wait on the appeal(s) if you feel that you haven’t broken any rules.

12 Likes