Season of Swiping

Blizzard added a bunch of new gold sinks without adding ways to get more gold and removing one of the biggest sources of gold generation for law-abiding players.

I’d be curious to see how much $$$ RMT is generating this patch, between BoE epics existing and the expensive new crafted epics.

:thinking:

12 Likes

I’ve made 80g so far dungeon grinding to 40 and have every quest available.

There is literally no easier gold to be made if you tried.

Skill issue tbh

48 Likes

I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would ban GDKP but then make the Void pearl cost 75 gold to exchange… This obviously wasn’t about stopping people from buying gold.

3 Likes

no you didn;t

1 Like

My theory is that they want to introduce the token so they want to starve players of gold. They’ll swoop in and claim they’re saving us from the bots that they are choosing not to ban.

11 Likes

Uhhhh. okay? Youre right the 20 caths I did and won the Aegis (which vendors for 1.5G) around 10 times surely wasnt a lot of gold.

very simple. You want gold sinks in the game but also want cheap resets of talents. That means things will be expensive.

3 Likes

I mean even without winning blues every hearth sell on full bags is like 15-25g minimum. SM spams are brain rot but bangers for gold.

4 Likes

its 1g17s so that’s 11g and that is the most valuable thing you would have

1 Like

Yes yes they are. Plus all the cloth. My two tailors are both 225, so just made the rest into yummy heavy silk bandages . Literally printing cash.

Also pick the weapon crates and you often get a 50-70s weapon in there EVERY RUN of Armory. Sometimes two.

ALSO, if you are vendoring your BOEs you are bad and poor in this game. You mail them to a (dis)enchanter alt and turn 30s greens into multiple gold parts

2 Likes

Genuinely curious to which classes really need to swap the pearl. Even as a Priest Healer I take the damage version over the heal exclusive because I’m expected to deal some damage when not healing.

I spent 200g getting my epic helm last night.

Then I spent 200g on extra Grime-Encrusted Salvage, turned that all in at the Salvagmatic, made extra blue crafting materials, and sold them for 300g overnight.

I’ve also made 400g off of Mining in Badlands alone since the Phase began. I have +5 mining to gloves so while I can’t SMELT Truesilver Bars (seriously Blizz, fix this) I can at least mine Truesilver Deposits and clean them up when everyone else just has to leave them there.

I went out to Layer 1 last night at 10 PM and the entirety of Badlands was bricked by Truesilver Deposits. I went ahead, mined them all, and then spent another hour mining the Mithril that spawned afterwards uncontested. Easily made another 100g off that hour of mining.

There’s plenty of gold to be made by those with professions right now tbh. You just have to be smart about it.

4 Likes

I dont think they intend to fix this simply because it gives Alchemy and transmute Truesilver serious value.

1 Like

umm hit level cap and quest… like OMG to much gold why everything so damn expensive

So you accept that one item got him 11g, and you think he looted nothing else the entire time? Cmon dude, I made ~10g doing Stocks runs just from cloth alone and that was mostly wool and a little silk. You get a lot more silk and even a bit of mageweave in SM…

Well that’s ridiculous, because Alchemy isn’t the only source of Truesilver Bars lmao. I was able to get all of my Truesilver Bars off of looting Solid Chests in Badlands while I was out there Mining.

The BS/Mining and Engi/Mining profession combos are fundamentally broken in this phase and I still have hope that Blizzard will do something about it.

Literally no other profession cannot make the thing they need to craft their blue boe crafting material.

Tailors make Bolt of Mageweave to craft their Hyperconductive Arcano-Filament.
Leatherworkers make Cured Thick Hide to craft Faintly Glowing Leather.
Alchemists can straight up buy Leaded Vials from a vendor to make Insulating Gniodine.

Meanwhile, Blacksmiths and Engineers would normally rely on Mining to smelt their bars, but instead they have to rely on either a 2 day transmute CD from Alchemists or farming loot crates in high level zones just to be able to make Low-Background Truesilver Plates and Polished Truesilver Gears.

That’s dumb. That’s bad game design. If it’s intended, Blizzard should rethink their entire design philosophy and then change it. If it’s not intended, they still need to change it.

EDIT: Gathering Professions are already in the dumpster as is in Season of Discovery. This just makes being BS/Mining feel even worse than it already does tbh.

1 Like

Go quest. You can make around 700g if you still have every quest available from 25-40

Phase 1: Why are you doing all those quests at 25 for gold? What do you need all that gold for?
Phase 2:

3 Likes

Pretty much just druid, shaman and maybe paladin. The classes that have physical dps and magical dps or heals could want to and might with the change with phase 2.

Wut? The LW helms require parts from a blacksmith and an alchemist. Are you seriously that dented that you think youre the ONLY PROFESSION that requires another profession to make their epic? you lost bro?

Everyone relies on alchemists this phase, so what, they had literally nothing p1. They deserve it.

No, you’re just misunderstanding me. Please read my post a little more closely because I’m not talking about the epic helms. I’m talking about the key component that each profession can make.

I know that to make the epic helms you need blue crafting materials from multiple professions. That’s actually a super cool way of doing things because it makes the blue crafting materials valuable on the AH, or makes you trade with other crafters.

The problem isn’t the helms, it’s the blue crafting materials themselves. Tailoring, LW, and Alchemy all get to make their profession-specific blue crafting material with things THEY can make or buy from a vendor. Bolts of Mageweave, Cured Thick Hides, and Leaded Vials respectively.

Only BS and Engineering literally cannot craft Truesilver Bars to make their profession-specific blue crafting materials.

The only ways to get Truesilver Bars are by a 2 day transmute CD or farming Solid Chests out in high level zones.

Compared to the ease of access other professions have to Bolts of Mageweave, Cured Thick Hide, and Leaded Vials, this is fundamentally bad design.

Surely you can see that, right?

1 Like