Season of Mastery World Bosses Arrive Thursday, December 16

Listen, I understand that you’re part of the #nochanges crowd. That’s great – I played vanilla too. The issue is that we are discussing servers that are + Changes. If you don’t like it, go play on the “original” classic servers. I’ve never understood why people disagree with other’s opinions in such a condescending way like you do – If they were to boost the exp %, it doesn’t affect you at all. Some of us don’t have as much time to play the game. Congratulations on having so much free time.

3 Likes

@Kaivax

How’s the min wage bud ? :rofl:

Neat, farming these will be interesting.

First, you shouldn’t disparage anyone for working any job.

Second, Glassdoor suggests that you’re wrong.

5 Likes

There are tons of bugs / undone changes present in the game as is; Its obvious this is just Patch 1 (Phase 1) of Classic with a buff and a 2 week late Ranking adjustment. If anyone thinks this is actually curated or having effort put into it i would disagree. They already have time lines in place complaining wont get us anything.

Citations for my opinion: Locks can summon OFF bridges again, Pre-mades in AV (I like this but it was removed in Vanilla Classic), Double carrot, Double thrash blade, the PvP decay / RP for 2 weeks. The list goes on. If anything they noticed this and are doing this now because the fixes for all those things are in this patch.

Well this event will tell us if we continue with a potato server or if they improved it, spoiler: potato.

Here’s the indication that phases were about 2 months: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23730850/wow-classic-season-of-mastery-coming-soon

I mean it says : We’re planning for a 12-month cadence, with phases unlocking roughly every couple months. So yeah as I said. 12 month is confirmed rest is “roughly” which can mean anything and “couple” which… 6 months can be a “couple” of months too. If you read between the lines of the post it clearly means that 12 months is the timeframe and phases are whenever they damn well feel.

“couple” means 2 and yes obviously there is some flexibility for “roughly”, but a couple days notice based on the previous information doesn’t make sense.
You can argue all day long and spin vocabulary (e.g. “planning for a 12-month cadence” could be changed to 15 months, 12 was just the “planned” timeframe), but it’s obvious what the intention was, which is 6 phases, 2 months each.

Considering this release is some bosses that 99% of the population won’t see and are nearly irrelevant since everyone is ranking, this is a moot point. Nowhere in your link do they say that phases are 2 months each, nor should they be as some phases should be longer/shorter than others (MC to BWL phase should be way longer than 2 months since it includes leveling, whereas ZG phase should like 3 weeks since it’s a catchup raid)

“considering some rationale that I deem important means the issue doesn’t matter” - Dax.
Fact is that couple means two, so it does state that, regardless of who you think will or will not engage in the world bosses.
Anyways, love to sit and chat on this all day but I’ve said my piece so good luck to you.

Cool. Although: Couple is often used to refer to a small indeterminate of two or more when used in the phrase a couple of (“I had a couple of cups of coffee and now I can’t sleep.”) So again. No, it does not state that phases are two months. And no, the issue does not matter. Good luck to you as well.

Cool. Where are the server transfers though. Can’t attempt any bosses when our server has less than 12 healers at level 60.

So are they buffed bosses or the normal ones? since they never got tested I’m guessing normal

1 Like