Season of Mastery PvP Rank Fix Underway

Obviously just a pr thing as they probably dont have any robot/automated tool to remove the gear for em. Fully expect that nothing is removed. They should have done a rollback, now its too late cause they dont have the balls to remove few hours of progress.

Completely agree. This would be the best solution (other than creating an altogether new PvP / Honor system since the current one worked ok in 2005 and not so much in 2019 onward)

Half decay would be as broken if not moreso, you guys dont understand how it works.

e.g. in the old system someone that just hit rank13 would be seeing 11,000 decay per week, while getting standing 1 would give them 13,000rp, so they would net +2000 which would be 40% to rank14…
If you halve decay you’d be saying they would go from +2000 to +7,500 … nearly quadrupling rank gain.

Halving decay would mean standings in the ~50th percentile could hit rank14 fairly easily.

The only logical solution is double RP double decay. They just forgot the double decay part.

The issue is that as you near 60000 RP for rank 14 your decay at 40% decay begins to equal your weekly RP gains.

So you barely reach 60000 RP in bracket 13 and you do so very slowly because you decay almost as much as you earn each week.

40% of 60000 = 24000 RP decay

Bracket 13 RP max is 24000 RP

No its 26,000

No that is bracket 14

people should not be running around in PvP gear that outranks MC/ony gear this early in SoM. it’s that simple.

if that was happening 15 years ago, WoW would not have been the massive success it was, I can tell you that.

3 Likes

The other factor that people forget to mention is that people will rank out of the player pool in a system that is based on the player pool. You’ll see dozens of rank14s next week who will stop ranking, then dozens more hit rank14 the following week with less effort. This will repeat itself over and over until it only takes a few days of honor to breeze through the top ranks… Meanwhile BWL still isn’t out and everyone is running around in gear that makes BWL gear obsolete.

1 Like

True but there are limited slots each week for bracket 14 so people will be delayed. You have to get bracket 14 to finish ranking. If you want rank 14.

There is double decay. It is 40%. They just fixed it yesterday.

It says in the paragraph that they intend to refund. Did you not read it all?

I think, unless the stars line up very well for them, it will take a top bracket spot twice to finish.

While a great many players’ Ranks have been corrected, we continue to work through the fixes for every Season of Mastery realm in every region. We expect that work to take several more hours to complete. We’re currently scheduling realm restarts for some realms tomorrow to help speed up the process.

Please note that any gold refunds for high rank gear that is removed will come later. It may take several days for all refunds to be processed.

3 Likes

several days for a refund, well done clowns

As long as I get my gold back I’m fine. Sitting at 13 gold right now in inventory.

buying mount for 90g? instant
taking mount from me? instant
refunding 90g? 2-3 days??

2 Likes

At least it’s getting fixed.

On a saturday ??? REALLY ??? wtf is wrong with the ppl working here …

Thank you for working to fix this, it is appreciated.

Can you please fix the pre-mades in AV now?

In the last 3 days the quality of games has been destroyed by discord pre-made groups.

I was very much enjoying pvp this season but the quality of games is so bad now it isn’t even pvp. It’s either half empty games, 1 side lacking a full squad, or a pre-made absolutely annihilating the npcs and ignoring all the players.

Please do something to fix this like causing people who drop queue to get the deserter buff.

1 Like

Its not fixed yet !