Season of Discovery Realm Consolidation

@Blizzard

Can we get clarification on if there will be two NEW servers opening with transfers OR if two EXISTING servers are picked for migration targets (per region).

4 Likes

I don’t think we know if there is actually a new mega pve realm or if wild growth is the new mega pve realm from reading this post.

Wowhead says 2 new servers. So every single character on wild growth will need to transfer if that’s correct.

^ This. Vaguery does no one any good.

5 Likes

The illusion of choice here is just disrespectful. Come up with answers to the obvious problems or wait until next season.

Disruptive to guild management, which takes so much time by so many people.

Names are just as important. The guild names and player names become our identities. Hurry and click to reserve your name(s) is such a kick in the teeth. Especially when people can snipe and reserve for sport.

5 Likes

Appreciate the discussion so far, please keep it coming. To answer a few questions I’ve seen that I can answer -

Name Collisions
We understand this is a pain point and was the reason for the Connected Realms technology “back in the day”, it is unfortunately a very expensive process from both time and resources perspective. It is a possibility but the timeline would be far in the future.

When?
Not now? I know that is an awkward answer but some of the timing on this is dependent on feedback and a couple of other external factors. At least a week and we will give several days notice when a date is decided.

13 Likes

Please just append server names to character names and add retail style shards and cross realm guilds at this point instead of forcing thousands of people to change character names and splintering guilds after a year on their servers.

Also, looking at the realm list I’m not even sure why this is necessary in the first place. If you look at the US region there is already only one PVE server (wild growth). There are two PVP servers and an RPPvP server all with healthy populations. I’m assuming AU players don’t want to play on US servers and visa versa, and there is already only one PvP and one PvE for AU. So now we are only talking about Lone Wolf, Living Flame, and Crusader Strike. If RP is going away, then basically we are just forcing everyone on Crusader Strike and either Lone Wolf or Living Flame onto the chosen target server, or new server, which is still unclear.

6 Likes

This doesn’t make sense. Are you opening up 2 new servers for people to transfer to or are you opening up transfers to the bigger two pvp/pve servers which are Crusader strike/wild growth I am assuming? Why not just do that?

11 Likes

BOOOOOOO

ten characters in my boo

3 Likes

Truly excited for a more lively world. Server is popping but not enough going on and this will open the opportunity to more raids/dungeons/alt lvling ect.

1 Like

Just designate WG as the PvE Server since it’s the strongest.

2 Likes

What’s the point of this? I don’t get it.

Why not enable this only for realms that have population issues?

5 Likes

Are these new realms open to NA and EU (both existing on the same server)? Otherwise I don’t see a lot of point in making a new PVE realm for either region, since we have 1 EU PVE realm and barely more than 1 NA PVE realm.

1 Like

Two questions that need clarification:

Are there two NEW servers being created, or wild growth and crusader strike are the 2 new mega servers for North America?

Can characters currently on a PvP realm transfer to the pve realm?

2 Likes

If I’m on a RPPVP realm, can I transfer to PVE? So tired of the ganking on Crusader Strike.

1 Like

the issue people are taking here is that creating a new server that everyone is (more or less) forced to play on that is open to new characters from the get will allow people to swoop in and reserve names en masse, forcing people who have become attached to their characters on their current servers, who never initially wanted to move servers but now have to in order to stay with their guild or friends, to name change if they are not available the instant the server goes live. i’m not sure what “name collision technology” has to do with that since we appear to be discussing what is essentially a fresh server with transfers open and not a large, connected realm.

6 Likes

A week? Man this needed to happen THIS week. I was so looking forward to mass leveling groups

2 Likes

Lets be honest here, this is going to MURDER servers and guilds FORCING people to move for the purpose of killing SoD. I already have guilides reaching out to me who do (as a raid group) and don’t want to move to thanks, i really appreciate this.

2 Likes

I appreciate your answer is both timely and responsive. Kudos.

Can we take the free xfer off of a pvp server to a pve server ?

This seems horrible for contested farming spots like Winterfall Village, I don’t think layering is enough to offset it.

2 Likes