Season of Discovery: Night Elf Rebellion

I’m rather surprised at this one.

22 Likes

What? This is where we finally get lore on night elves joining the Alliance???

Also couldnt they have bothered to tell us/give more detail on WHY they joined the Alliance in the first place!!!

6 Likes

I think it’s kind of cool actually. I find it interesting, I always assumed there would be night elf supremacists who didn’t want anyone settling on their native land, which makes sense

9 Likes
    Kalimdor belongs to the kaldorei. I refuse to see it defiled by the lesser races.

Ew. Someone in Blizzard likes the idea of Night Elf Supremacists. We had this back in Amirdrassil as well:

Norana Morninglight says: We stood above the world of Azeroth, unconcerned by the petty cares of the peoples who aged and withered before us.

5 Likes

“Rebellion” is a bit strong, isn’t it? This one singular dissenter.

10 Likes

I personally think it’s good we see some characters do a callback to the xenophobia that was showcased/hinted back in wc3 and other media, like Maiev and her followers etc. It’s good addressing it.

20 Likes

SOD has certainly introduced some interesting new takes on the lore.

3 Likes

It’s like they played Warcraft 3 or cared about the lore or something.

7 Likes

I suppose in Burning Crusade’s Season of Discovery they should have Blood Elves killing their Darkspear allies to make necklaces out of their ears.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if we got tbc SoD, however having to deal with and kill some extremists that flipped out after Quel’thalas joining the Horde would not be too crazy. After all we already have a shopkeeper refusing to sell to troll chars, and the NPCs at the town square preaching against the Horde before being brainwashed.
So I think it’s already been sufficient shown how there’s discontent among some of the populace about it and further showcasing is not really needed.
In contrast to the minimal lore we had about the nelves joining the Alliance and how regular people felt about it.

4 Likes

If you wonder why I won’t feel bad for Teldrassil. Since Azshara the nelves never changed.

1 Like

Beware the savagery of the Night elves!

bouncy bouncy

It’s a cute gesture on the part of the developers who probably do care about Night elves more than the current devs do, but I would say that NE had the seeds of their downfall sown even as far back as vanilla.

2 Likes

Wow. Wowhead was very late on this. Sad this came out way after Wolfheart. We would’ve seen more precedent for Night Elves being anti-Alliance.

3 Likes

Not sure a serial killer is a regular person, either in the Season of Discovery or in Wolfheart.

1 Like

I imagine that having tree chopping Orcs as their neighbors might have had something to do with it.

2 Likes

The problem is until now this is all SPECULATIONS as to why the night elves joined when in say the case of the Forsaken we got an official explanation back in WRATH. Like can you imagine, it has been more then a decade and Blizzard still refuses to elaborate what finally pushed Tyrande/Malfurion to join the Alliance.

The Humans literally chopped trees too lol.

7 Likes

It’s quite simple… the old gods demanded the alliance be composed of Elves, Humans, Dwarves and halflingsGnomes…

No big mystery, for whatever reason those old gods are really hung up on that specific combination. Some researchers have even speculated that this combination was once put forward by another yet older old god who so enraptured their fellow old gods that many of the younger old gods can’t imagine not simply recreating that mythical formula.

1 Like

Sturdy mailboxes

1 Like

The explanation is, “We wanted Night Elves to be a playable race, but the Horde already got the Forsaken and we really didn’t want to think up 2 more races for the Alliance to balance it out.”

4 Likes