Season of Discovery - Initial Adjustments

Over the first 24 hours of Season of Discovery, we made a few discoveries of our own that resulted in design changes. We expect that most players haven’t seen much of this yet, but want to note it for reference.

Season of Discovery

• Healing caused by Arcane Explosion reduced by 80%.
    • We did not intend for Mage healing to trivialize content.
  • The Explosive Shot rune ability has been redesigned and its damage dramatically decreased. Each time it deals damage, it now damages all enemies within 8 yards of the primary target.
  • Chimera Shot damage reduced to 85% weapon damage.
    • When it comes to output, Hunters are proving to be an outlier. With these changes, Explosive Shot should fill the AOE niche and Hunters should still be very strong, but also more in-line with the output of other classes at level 25.
  • Adjustments have been made to the Ashenvale PvP event to allow it to start a bit easier.
    • Please be reminded that there will not be much intrigue here until Ashenvale is teeming with level 25 players.
  • Numerous fixes have been made to Rune acquisitions to make them less prone to bottlenecking.
  • Fixed a bug with Twilight Lord Kelris in Blackfathom Deeps that was causing him to target pets with his abilities too often, including his Sleep ability, which should no longer target pets at all.
  • Fixed a bug with Aku’mai’s Void Elemental adds that caused their Shadowbolt Volley ability to deal incorrect damage.

Going forward, if we need to make changes that will impact gameplay, we’ll note them in our usual Hotfixes Update.

We encourage you to let us know about any bugs you encounter using the in-game Bug Reporter, and if you need more room to explain, post in our WoW Classic Bug Report forum.

Thank you!

31 Likes

RIP hunters

28 Likes

Hunters deserve NOTHING

22 Likes

Hell yeah brother

2 Likes

Making changes to a class that are this drastic completely unannounced on a Friday night is pretty abhorrent. I don’t even play hunter.

47 Likes

That mage healing was busted. Blizzard is getting lots of kodos for nice and fast fixes… and on a friday night. LOVE IT.

9 Likes

Why are you bringing out the nerf bat this hard and this quickly on a seasonal fun server LOL. Blizz never change.

43 Likes

Uh yeah I was easily pulling 4-5 mobs as arcane at level 14, but it wasnt arcane explosion that did so much healing. The self healing from beacon needs to be reduced to 25% or living flame needs to be nerfed.

1 Like

If hunters can make it to lvl10 without a pet, they deserve EVERYTHING

18 Likes

Hey you wanna address horde hunters? Alliance hunters get kings from paladins and horde hunters need to use a rune and an aspect for it, losing out on things like aspect of the hawk, imp aspect of the hawk and the chest rune like master marksman.

Feels pretty bad tbh

8 Likes

nerfing 2 days in CLASSIC, what is this , retail classic now? you’re killing your new game mode already blizzard

29 Likes

I was excited. Now not so much. At level 7, I am barely doing the damage I was over on era or HC at level 7. The fact the ES shares a CD with Arcane makes it difficult to kite a mob properly.

Edit: I’ll try another class. If Hunters suck this much at level 7. I can only imagine how bad it is to play at level 25. I get that ES was hitting like a truck. Now, ES barely does any damage. It’s utter trash! However, the rework to ES to tie it with Acrane is like tying one’s hand behind one back, especially, at level 7 when one has few talents available. One is dependent upon ES. The Chimera Shot nerf and the mana cost is just unacceptable. I would rather have the strengths I have in era and HC at 7 than what I have currently. I have no issues kiting mobs in era or HC like I am having in Discovery.

22 Likes

Holy heavy handed nerf to hunters.

25 Likes

i MEAN WE WERE PUMPING HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDD… NO ONE SHOULD BE SUPRISED LOL.

7 Likes

Working late on a Friday to ruin the new mode. Can’t say I respect the effort, but I acknowledge it. Ah well, time to play a different game!

Maybe if you want to nerf their main damage ability, you should also fix their second one (Flanking Strike) so it actually does what it says.

15 Likes

Now fix Flanking strike, remove Lone Wolf and Sniper Training and give runes that are actually fun to use.

23 Likes

Please reconsider the explosive shot change. Going from a single target to an aoe affects pvp and makes it not feasibly usable. I don’t mind damage nerfs, but changing its toolkit completely isn’t great.

30 Likes

Excessive on hunters much , I agree ES was overpowered but youve turned it into a why bother ability with Multishot.

1 day in and you attack the most fun part of SoD hunter , let me guess huge pvp whining. So now we can look forwward to breaking cc and pulling threat when tanks have no aoe abilitys. giggity

24 Likes

Pretty much funneled into BM rune now till they nerf that next. Rather play a different class now that doesn’t feel exactly like vanilla.

16 Likes

Alright so Hunters 100% needed a Explosive shot nerf. I play hunter, it hitting for 120+ at level 18 is way to much. But a 80% damage nerf being justified with “its now aoe” is really silly considering it shares the slot with our own viable single target dps option now.

Nerf it sure but change the rune to another slot to make it viable as a true aoe option. Because aoeing things for 25 dmg is a laugh.

21 Likes