Season of Discovery Hotfixes - September 11

Ah, so this was a pvp nerf of some kind… but if it’s cast from range with the slow speed and short duration, it barely hits the target now, so… I guess it’s good for those melee mages out there?

I get it i main feral because my guild need one and now im stuck in this underperforming pve AND mostly PVP dmg class for the rest of the xpac. I mean yeah sure WF procs are good but its not over powered? Devs must be maining shamman and priest lol theres got to be an explanation to their miss judgment “hot fix” they can’t be doing this without knowing whats going on lol… :frowning:

good they needed a nerf. filthy gnomes…

The steady shot buff is hilarious. It will surely fix something.

My war in bis continues to have a bad time finding a group while my alts in greens continue to blast. What a great phase.

2 Likes

Does this mean the coins (which match the amount of blood you have pending) will be auto put into your bag at the conclusion of the event or do they just fizzle out into oblivion?

Not sure what the reasoning was here. Living flame was already too slow to use in pvp, unless you slow your target. If this is supposed to be a pve nerf, this isn’t the way to do it. The rune was over tuned, now it is just dead. Considering you cast it at max range it will run out before it makes it to your target. #clueless :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

Still zero raid utility for rogue and no nerfs to enhance? LOL

3 Likes

Holy crap these devs are soooo bad at class balance -_-

Living flame nerf was justified but where are all the other changes we’ve been needing?!

5 Likes

This is a 50% dps nerf in PVE also.

it only lasts 10 seconds now and by the time it travels at max range thats -5 seconds. Unless you become a Melee mage. GG Fire mage

1 Like

People are not really understanding how much a Nerf the Living Flame change is, let me break it down.

It takes about 5-6 seconds for Living Flame to reach the target, at 20 seconds that is 25% of the spells duration, giving roughly 15 ticks of damage

When the total duration of Living Flame is 10 seconds that is 50-60% of the spells duration, giving 4-5 ticks of damage. Additionally, you will have to press it twice in the same minute so it is doubled in mana cost and requires an additional GCD on Boss Fights.

Over the same one minute period, you now do 8-10 ticks of damage, instead of 15 and the mana cost is double and requires an additional GCD.

Factor in a 14% slower living flame and it’s likely to do only 2-4 ticks of damage in PvE unless you are in Melee of the raid boss. In PvP all they have to do is walk away from it…

Why couldn’t you just take 20% of the damage and make it 12-15 seconds? Do you guys even play your game? Can Frost do more damage than tanks yet?

2 Likes

Fire mages are the best DPS in the game. I guess they wanted the DPS to dip a bit between extra global, more mana, less ticks. What’s confusing is why enhancement shaman got no changes.

3 Likes

I honestly think that living flame needed a nerf but this was so heavy-handed. It’s made worse by the fact that Living Flame was propping up Frost Mage in PvP and now it’s pretty much unusable. Frost Mage is an embarassment right now.

1 Like

The travel speed nerf is what’s most baffling. Wasn’t a fan of the double ice block + living flame cheese.

1 Like

Living flame is now significantly worse for farming.

LOLOLOL sure steady shot 15% really went far in helping ranged hunters not be a meme spec - LOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 Likes

lmao this is such a slap in the face as a long time spriest player, we had a week of being dominant in pve and pvp and shamans have been running rampant for A MONTH in both pve and pvp content with no end in sight. WHY IS THE TANK OUT DPSING MY DPS SPEC?

1 Like

Not looking good.

1 Like

Just give us the next phase. These pathetic tweaks without addressing the real issues and wants the community are constantly asking for is getting old.

Still extreamly weak and not worth using.

Do you not realize its extreamly weak, even at 100% its hard to justify using it as MM with how few gcd are available and how it restricts movement.

Bm has a little nore freedon to it not having aimed shot, but even they dont want it because expose weakness gets even more benefit for a bm hunter pet multiplying that bonus rap. And well, melee hunter will never chose it obviously.

If you want to make steady shot worth it you either need to buff its damage substantially or give it a secondary effect. (Or both)

Example steady shot does 100% weapon damage and reduces the cd of rapid fire by 5-10 seconds per steady shot (standard is 5, crit is 10)

Or let each steady shot reduce the cast time of aimed shot by 1.5 seconds so you can steady shot, then aimed shot for a 1.5 second cast aimed shot. (Or let it stack for instant aimed shots, this might be to strong for pvp though, and we all know hunters get nuked from orbit if they even seem strong in pvp)

1 Like

Faith in SoD at an all time low, how could you be so dogspit at balancing your own game.

5 Likes