Season of Discovery Hotfixes - September 11

I’d guess Phase 3 is probably just around the corner by the looks of this weeks’ patch notes.

Arcane currently struggling but still taking strays from Fire is kinda funny in an ironic way.
Get’s all the negatives from the Fire changes plus having to setup more frequently.

Stand with melee (when possible) :grin:
Honestly though, with how well Fire is performing compared to everyone else, even if you can’t use it optimally they will still be great.

PvP nerf mostly (or at least intentionally). Previously you couldn’t really out run LF, now you can.

Hunters are getting griefed.

I don’t think this rune would see play if you buffed it to 200%.

There must be something coming in Phase 3 that will make this more viable. I can’t see any other way for it working out like this.

2 Likes

wait… this isn’t the dual wield shockadin I ordered

And rightly so! Holy Paladins already be stealing caster dps trinkets :joy:

just wait til the Zealots are taking the attack power trinket too.

It’s clearly intentional.

1 Like

Ranged classes should not be severely disadvantaged for playing at range

that is extremely poor design

If Living Bomb is to have half duration and cooldown, then the duration timer should not start until the first tick of damage.

that would allow for intelligent pvp counterplay by taking one tick and running out, since its now so much slower than you

and it would fix what is otherwise an absurd nerf for pve, whereby mages should now play in melee range, which is yet again, extremely poor design

3 Likes

to make steady shot a useable skill below cata, they need to do what i said. Start steady shot at 100% (this is a bad shot even at 100%) but increase it by 50% more each steady shot afterwards and when you use it 3 times in a row (its at 200% aka 100%, 150%, 200%) you get to make a choice of keep going up by 50% or have an instant aimed shot (taking the aimed shot - resets your steady shot damage back to 100%).

Not only is that going to be a nice boost in dps for RANGED hunters but it will be a fun choice, do i use my aimed shot or stack steady to go to 300% damage and 350% if the mob is still alive.

but lets ignore spellfrost/frostfire not benefitting from improved frostbolt/fireball or even getting the benefit from flame throwing or arctic reach :roll_eyes:
Do yall just half finish runes like you did warriors?

i have both of those rune spells and i was full frost spec (assuming frost being in the name of those 2 spells - i went thru testing it) I noticed frost fire rune did a noticeable amount more of damage then spellfrost rune.

I realized why after a few casts, spellfrost rune is really a way for healing spec to heal but still apply the frost (slow), i dont have the dps meters committed to memory but I believe my frostfire was doing about 300-420 and the spellfrost (same build and runes on all gear) was only doing 180-240 damage to similar mob types/level.

When are you going to add some benefits to runes for holy shield to make prot tree more usable for paladins? Add uncrittable + SP scaling to aegis and change behavior of redoubt and reckoning to trigger when being hit like it is in other versions of the game.

These “buffs” to ranged hunters are so abysmally terrible. No one uses these runes that keep getting buffed besides those that are leveling. No one uses steady shot in end game content in both PvE and PvP.

The same happened with explosive shot. No one uses it in end game content besides clearing trash in raids or dungeon farming for BoE to sell. Its almost like the devs are trolling at this point by slapping on a dmg percentage increase to runes that hunters do not use in any spec.

4 Likes

The devs have to be trolling at this point.

The fact sniper training hasnt seen any changes and still doesnt effect auto shot is just a slap in the face. It is the easiest pve buff they could give to hunters with minimal pvp effect.

Make it effect all ranged crit chance (so it includes auto shot) and have 3 seconds grace period after moving for the buff to fall off. It will still be bad in pvp because of 6 seconds standing still to start the buff.

1 Like

At this point its safe to jump to the conclusion they are.

3 Likes

Are we getting a Tank spec in the next couple phases? Swordmage in D&D 4E were pretty fun. I could see it as a Frost/Arcane spec, lots of instants, some defensives built in already.

Priests are still overturned, VP effectively is more dps than scorpid scaled to 40 and average health pools… in pvp

Shaman! XD

Engineer belt on use STILL doesnt give ranged crit.

can we pls provide buffs rather than nerfs? the constant nerfing and ignoring classes, specs, and even itemization that needs buffs isnt really in the spirit of SoD

1 Like