Season 4 for Honor Kind of Screws People Who Do Arena

Doesnt screw anyone the season is over. This is like complaining about people getting old raid gear with less effort than w1 guilds

3 Likes

If you lose your current arena points (since youā€™re already honor capped), how does that not screw one over? Did you actually read the content of the post?

1 Like

That is on you for not playing 5s or pushing rating.

I do know, because I have geared several alts casually and I am not at all stressed about gear and points. They WERE plenty good enough to us this season with the increased point gain.

Spend your points then? Whats the issue? I must be confused. Cause im trying to read on my break

Most arena gear just takes points and does not need a rating. You can literally do 10 matches a week and get free points for taking an L on every match.

You can also do extremely well in pve gear. Resil isnt that powerful in TBC. This pve geared rogue decimates most people in bgs and all I need to do is switch out my WSC for the 2k honor trinket.

People should not get a higher currency for lower tier content, whether that is arena points in bgs, or a badge that can buy raid gear from instances. The player should only get rewarded for doing the approiate level of content for that reward.

Retail quite literally has what youre asking. You can get conquest points (arena points) from doing your daily bg and daily big battle bg, and doing your weekly pvp quest, and you can farm out conquest points via wins after your first win but at a reduced rate. You can get the best pvp gear by never touching arena or rated bgs.

As a customer I dont want this. Are you now magically better than me and carry more weight in your wants?

You dont.

And my wants dont outweigh yours, so lets not use this ā€œas a customerā€ or whatever logic that can be turned around instantly.

Pretty sure the only thing retail does not have is bots in instances for your single player story mode, but everything else you want is in retail.

Is it the classic story that keeps you interested? Or what? I dont get it when you describe this to be ā€œmore funnerā€ but you have a problem with every system and every design intention.

Heā€™s upset that none-arena players can now purchase all that powerful gear without having done arena.

I hope no one told him that PvEers can use their currency to buy the previous seasonā€™s gear too.

I canā€™t spend my points because the last 2 items I need are rating locked. At the end of a season the rating is removed.

1 Like

His point is that thereā€™s nothing to buy with his arena points earned (so all the points heā€™s been earning lately is pretty much a waste). Heā€™s not saying they shouldnt be purchasable with honor, heā€™s saying they should also be purchasable with arena points.

5 Likes

No you didnā€™t read carefully. My problem is my arena points become useless with this change.

5 Likes

An easy fix for this would to be to remove the honor point cap so that people who planned ahead and farmed max honor and arena points arenā€™t punished. Reinstate the cap on wrath launch day because everyone should have spent the overflow points by then.

4 Likes

Thank you for reading and understanding my point!

Sorry to hear your points are going to be wasted (and subsequently your time, as well)

Is there any information regarding how much honor items will cost? Curious to see if theyā€™ll at least be pretty costly, given their strength.

1 Like

Yes, this would be good too.

Hopefully weā€™ll have answers on the PTR soon

1 Like

Iā€™m also curious, was there a blue post about this? I canā€™t find anything.

I donā€™t think any details such as this have been provided yet.

Blizz is catering to rerolls and DKā€™s instead of characters that played the game too much and sit at capped points.

Hopefully they come up with a solution to your situation, I assume youā€™re not the only one in it. Maybe theyā€™ll announce both at the same time :slight_smile:

Agree on this Ik a few r14s who werenā€™t happy about the weapons mostly

1 Like

A few days of grace period where you can spend your arena points would be nice. Or mail you some item that grants you the appropriate honor so you can temporarily go over the honor cap. It wasnā€™t possible for players to know this was happening since it is unprecedented.

2 Likes