Season 4 announcement leaving a bad taste in my mouth

What’s the alternative?

It’s either nothing at all to do, or something you may have already done. It hasn’t been, and isn’t going to be, something new AND a new expansion shortly after.

1 Like

Even assuming your estimation of 10.0 is near the mark, that gap still would have happened with or without this Season 4. If people don’t want to participate in it they can just unsub. This is just something to do for the people that still want to raid and progress.

I am looking forward to Rank 8 legendaries :slight_smile:

1 Like

People asked for solo boss fights. They’ve had time. They could have reused Torghast for solo boss fights, even if they were Torghast layer type difficulties. As something different. There’s a lot of asseslts to reuse to do content without saying “rerun the same raids and dungeons you’ve been running for years, but now it’s M+ raids!”

The larger issue is what I said earlier, though: rehashed content in more seasons, meaning less content overall.

It’s two seasons. Seasons gave been 8 months.

See above.

And again… ignoring the bigger issue.

But you don’t have to.

You can choose to complete season 3 on your main, as you said you wanted, and then be done for a while, as you said you wanted.

Because any season 4 gear levels are going to be invalidated for 10.0 anyway.

And if one wished to don a tinfoil hat, it could be said supporting this degenerate game design is just going to demonstrate to Blizzard that they can repeat this in the final phase of all future expansions in place of new content, thus saving costs and increasing profitability, like they replaced a lot of original, nuanced, storytelling base game questing with repetitive, shallow, charmless end game quests from Draenor on.

3 Likes

No hat needed. They specifically said:

1 Like

Not sure why that would need to be mutually exclusive and that sounds exceptionally boring to me. I think it’s two entirely separate issues. Call to add new things (that aren’t really new things like you said), rather than complain about other new (but not) things other people may be looking forward to.

Personally I hope they continue forward with making all raids within an expansion relevant (really I would like the entire game to be relevant).

So Jailer’s Gauntlet isn’t new? Alright then.

Oh. One of those people who wants it to be old and stale. Got it.

Moving on.

Sure. But “redo what you just did” isn’t the answer either. I avoid seasonal things (season of mastery, PoE, Diablo, etc). I also tend to only put significant effort into M+ 1 season out of an xpack It’s not fun to repeat the same thing after an arbitrary reset. And now if you don’t want to be behind everyone else you HAVE to do that, which sucks.

I think you misunderstood my point. I was meaning new content (ie the solo bosses) using previous tech/assets (not new).

No, just someone who thinks it is a complete waste to make tons of content that you then invalidate even within the same expansion. Never did I say make nothing new. I said make new stuff without invalidating the old stuff in the process.

edit: I am 10000% certain this can be done as FF does it exceptionally well.

Why do you care about being behind everyone else, though?

Added to that, it won’t even matter because the expansion generally feels to be balanced for someone starting it in prior expansion greens. You may kill your quest mobs 1 second slower, big whooptie.

Because its a multiplayer game in which access to anything that provides a proper medium to actually interact with the combat of the game is dictated by average player ilvl regardless of what’s actually needed to comfortably participate.

the whole exp was pretty much a content drought exp.
they couldn’t even give us flying until well now… players see how lazy and pathetic upper management is.

“I dont like it and anyone who does must be brainwashed, its the only possible explanation”

Pretty sure that is Rule #1 of GD. :wink:

1 Like

Except you’ll already have 4pc tier and can then enter season 4 raid/m+ whatever and slowly upgrade those slots…while still enjoying 4pc?

Season 4 sounds like a lighter BFA season 4 (corruption-boogaloo) where we already are pretty powered up, and then just add some ilvl ontop it even more. Since we’ll have 4pc and double leggo right out the gate, and can then optimize further including cool items from m+ dungeons (including 2 of WoD), so some cool proc items from the various m+ new dungeons etc. (Remember that on-use shadow dmg ring from Return to Kara?)

:thinking: I’ve been flying for like a year now.

1 Like

what I mean is, how they do it for each zone.
like how they time-gated zerith mortis flying… “because”…

This is the first time they’ve ever done that.

they want you to experience the zone they designed before you fly over and ignore it.