Season 4 announcement leaving a bad taste in my mouth

This Season 4 announcement kind of kills the motivation to play Season 3. First of all Season 3 was announced as the finale of Shadowlands, and I was like cool I can gear up my main get close to bis then be done for awhile. However now that they announced there is going to be a Season 4 with the exact same raid kills motivation to farm Sepulcher of the First Ones.

Here is why I think it is awful, you can go farm Sepulcher of the First Ones now get your gear and tier sets and what not. They will come out with Season 4 and be like, yep your gear is invalidated now go refarm the same raid you just been farming again to get maybe 30 more ilvls, but we will also throw in the other 2 raids if you want to farm those again.

Now then I wouldn’t mind if it was a new raid or new expansion invalidating my gear, but its the same raid and they are hitting the reset button making us start over then refarm the same raid this just seems so awful makes me not even want to farm gear this time if I will have to do the same thing for Season 4.

18 Likes

:+1:

I was excited to get my 291 leggos thinking the grind was finally done. I was excited to start working on alts knowing I could enjoy them for the longer patch.

I don’t want to be tinfoil hat, but I almost wonder if this is part of Blizzard’s new sales strategy - another arbitrary season means players buying more tokens to upgrade leggos again. We may even see triple leggo for more token sales.

4 Likes

Then drink some water and chew some gum later.

4 Likes

You probably just need to floss.

2 Likes

no content but old content most raiders wont do the older raids of shadowlands with affixes and old m+ dungeons thats only for m+ players its a terrible time in wow.there nothing for casuals and nothing in season 4 for raiders but old raids with affixes this is the dark days of wow.

why would people still sub to wow at this point?

4 Likes

People always complain about end of expansion content droughts. This is them giving you something to do while they work on 10.0. You don’t play MMOs to be “done”.

6 Likes

See when you have the same old dungeons for past two years that have just been scaled up with added debuffs that players genuinely are brainwashed to think its new content like a new dungeon or raid. Its not difficulty to think why would Blizzard not want to lengthen the final phase of the expansions with a new season . The current playerbase gives Blizzard that opportunity .

I don’t look forward to refarming tier sets…

1 Like

way too accurate

If anything it’s them throwing out reused and scaled assets people in the past actually did like to keep people subbed while they work on the next expansion. It’s going to be a very long time after all, like upwards of a year. I fully expect this wait to be worse than SoO, and if they rush it, people will be mad the game is bad within two weeks and quit.

I’m looking forward to it seeing as I missed the first two raids and groups for them are non existent now

1 Like

but having the entire expansion content be relevant is something we haven’t seen since Vanilla.

this could be great if you were a little more open-minded.

2 Likes

Since wholly with tbc and pre-3.2 wrath

Of course it is. They found out that there is a group of player who are completely happy with having Blizzard repackage old content as new content. They figure they might as well capitalize on it. :woman_shrugging:

But is it a slap in the face?

1 Like

TO THE GROUND!

I am personally looking forward to it, but maybe I am weird.

2 Likes

Yea… it would be nice at least to let us upgrade our season 3 stuff in season 4 and start with stuff like no valor cap.

Refarming in the end patch is going to feel bad. Especially refarming tier.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it.

If you don’t think you’ll like it, don’t play it.

2 Likes

so what will you be doing the entire season, then??? that’s a sure way to lose customers to ‘nothing to do’.