Searching for rank

My guild has been inactive for some time now, around 6 years and I decided to go through old characters. This particular guild I want to dethrone the leader as he has been inactive for 3 years however when I tried to search the rank via the roster, it comes up with a 404 error. I would like to redo the guild, but I don’t know what rank I am and if it is even possible.

Can you see anything when you view the Guild Roster in game?

Yes but it does not tell me the rank. It doesn’t give me the option to dethrone. But everyone has not been logged in for 6 years, besides the guild leader change 3 years ago.

This is ultimately what it boils down to, I’m afraid. If you were of an eligible rank and the GL has been inactive long enough, you would have the opportunity.

Blizzard typically does not intervene, and still may not, but if the guild has been completely inactive beside yourself, you can always submit a ticket and ask.

It is quite possible that the current guild leader set up the ranks in such a way as to not allow dethroning. If so, then you will be unable to dethrone.

I will try to submit a ticket, but its hard to find the right option, all other options lead to these. Kyzera, that also might be an option but with the website for the guild showing a 404, its hard to find out

Wowprogress shows 2 members that just joined the guild, but when trying to view their info it also ends with 404 errors. It is very odd how everything is ending in 404 errors.

Perhaps a ticket can help clear up what is happening with all the errors. Of course, it could just be a website issue.

Edited to add: I also wonder if the guild was transferred off and just the shell is left behind now.

To dethrone, the GL’s account - not the GL character - has to be inactive for several months, and you need to be rank 3 or higher in the guild.

However, I don’t believe the current requirements to dethrone have been around for six years so it’s possible that a GM may be able to waive the rank requirement.

Not in this case.

Just the GL character needs to be inactive for 90 days. But that’s a “soft” inactive and resets even if that character is logged in for just a couple seconds.

3 Likes

I submitted a ticket so I will see what outcome is. I tried to look at wowprogress and I don’t see the 2 members. It might be the shell behind but where did you see the guild info regarding the 2 members.

https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/dragonmaw/Squarians#events

Im wondering if this can be viewed, but this counters the two characters… the link didn’t work.

It can be, there’s definite info. I tried searching WP as well, but I didn’t get anything at first, so I probably accidentally left it on EU.

The two new characters joined the guild within the last 138 minutes, provided it shows local time.

A human mage and a draenei shaman, if they happen to be a couple characters you may have just logged into?

Here is how it shows for me:

Guildmaster for that particular guild was on about 7 months ago.

1 Like

Your character (if this is the right guild) is rank 5 and too low to dethrone rank wise.

So the guild is ripe for dethroning… if a player is high enough rank.

And as indicated by the link posted an hour ago, that isn’t the case here.

2 Likes

If you re-read my comment, you’ll see that I said a player, not this player. And if you actually click the link the Mythox provided, you will see that there are 4 characters in that guild that are rank 2 or 3 that would, if they so chose, have the option to dethrone the current guild leader. Anything else I can help you with, Teufel?

Since you asked…

You’ll note those 4 characters are as inactive as the guild leader. In fact, the only active member is the OP. Also note that the most recent guild achievement (of which there are fewer then 10) is over 6 years old. I have never seen a more thoroughly abandoned guild.

Anything else I can shine a light on for you?

2 Likes