Seal Twisting is a mistake

If i want retail apm’s in classic, I’d rather go play retail.

24 Likes

Thanks for adding a broken function that I did not want. Now I have to learn twisting to become optimal.

14 Likes

No, No you don’t. As seal twisting currently will not be Meta as it is still very far behind just EXO spamming with SOM and fast weapons for dps. Perhaps in the far future it could be useful but as of now its something useless they added for god knows what reason.

2 Likes

Well, the current rotation might still be optimal. That is good news for some, but bad news for people that hate the current rotation. I personally don’t mind the current rotation.

They added it because plenty of paladins were asking for it as TBC is one of the most beloved version of Ret paladin.

3 Likes

If only that were true.

1x twist is 4 different attacks that can proc exorcism. It just makes slow 2h viable instead of enforcing ACP.

Embrace yourself for the most degenerate playstyle this game has ever seen.

You simply don’t have the globals to do it. As ret if you try to seal twist you’re missing an exo proc. Which is not worth it. You don’t need more help getting more exo uptime as it stands. Throwing in more seals for minimal damage is a DPS loss as you could use that time hitting Exo.

3 Likes

Twist > exo proc > twist > exo proc > twist > exo proc

You can do 2 globals between an auto, no?

No you can’t. Pummeler is attacking so fast and you’re critting so much full world buffed and raid buffed you don’t have time do do anything aside from hit EXO. If you check ret logs some the highest parses hardly have crusader strike or judgement used either… as using it costs a global which is a global that could be used on EXO.

The current ret Meta is still fast attacking weapons and spamming exo nothing has changed as of yet.

1 Like

Twister bros we WON. We WON. We got our playstyle back. Tbc rets RISE up

2 Likes

You are not gonna be running pummeler when you can twist command + martyrdom with a massive 3.5 sec 2hander, giving you 4x hits that can each proc exorcism.

You just unbind Crusader Strike and Judgement because they will not be worth pressing.

Hes 1000% right. This change means nothing as of now and fast attacking weapons will still be BIS. They gave us nothing with this change.

2 Likes

On paper, yeah.

In reality it won’t. A fat 3.5 sec 2 hander doing 4 hits is gonna do more dmg than 2x exorcisms and give u 4x chances to proc exo

They buffed Sacred Shield and now holy paladins don’t have to keep using judgement with a ret doing crusader strike on the boss.

Also a buff to PvP for those who can twist.

That’s the thing.

Pressing Crusader Strike is now a dps loss for ret.

I meant for the twisting change specifically. The others are nice yes. But the twisting change does nothing for PVE. PVP it could have some benefits. However it will severely lag behind the current meta which is exo spamming with pummeler in any sort of raid.

So?
Just keep exo spamming until Phase 4, it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

I agree, it was a mistake, but the community has been badgering Blizzard for it in Season of Discovery. Both the people asking for it and Blizzard entertaining it I think are clueless about what to do to not make Paladins bad, especially Retribution.

1 Like

Yes it does.

I don’t care that it is. Was just trying to explain to him that it isnt what he thinks it is. And people afraid that they need to learn how to twist now are wrong as it is not and will not be Meta unless serious changes come along. We’d need an overhaul of our entire runekit.

1 Like