Seal Twisting is a mistake

I’ll give this a shot, but Blizzard is right when they say they need further changes and a larger redesign to add more diversity. I look forward to that more than this immediate change because mana issues is a big big problem.

1 Like

I promise you buddy. You going into raid with a slow two handed weapon will not out perform pummeler ret. I’m sure you could ask anyone with two braincells to rub together and they’d still you the same thing. In fact in the notes for this change blizzard even states themselves that they know this will not change the meta.

1 Like

You are correct. Bravo.

Isn’t it funny that players with objectively good logs come to the same conclusion that terrible players all attack them for?

1 Like

I’m sure he understands now. I do hope twisting can be viable in the future though. I’m not particularly fond of the exo spamming Meta and I hate the fact that I need to use pummeler now and if I have to use it at 60 I’ll lose my mind.

1 Like

Glad to see most people aren’t clueless.

Twisting wasn’t a mechanic. It was a class with no mechanics desperately trying to find one.

1 Like

Yeah this was the dumbest thing ever until i saw they buffed spriests by 10%

3 Likes

I think we just need to accept our exo spamming roles and love our new mechanical overlords

I just don’t get why they can’t buff divine storm and try to make SOC ret viable. They buffed saber slash because MUT was far beyond it. Divine storm currently hits like a wet noddle.

6 Likes

BARS!!!

Yes. And even the exorcism proc spam with fast weapons RN is a bug that was merely left in place because it helped LOL

I really like shockadin and sadly it seems mutually exclusive. You either have art of war or you don’t. How do you outdps an ability that’s being refreshed every gcd. They’re basically going to have to completely change art of war which is going to make all of pally changes up until now obsolete. It might even lower diversity to ret/prot instead of ret/shock/tank.

Only thing I can think of is they somehow come out with another leg rune that’s roughly equal to art of war for big meaty 2h

2 Likes

I think Blizzard is more likely to troll us by making Avenging Wrath next phase a leg rune then they are to rework our runes or give us a new one to make SOC ret viable. I’m starting to think they don’t have any developers that play paladin let alone ret.

2 Likes

Paladins when they have to press buttons:

“NO YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I’VE DIVINE SACRAFICED?”

1 Like

Seal twisting will not save ret paladin haha. Such a lazy thing to add. Are there literally no better ideas/new things to think about to make pally more interesting? Nah, lets just copy tbc hahaha

3 Likes

Seal twisting relies on a hidden trick (animation cancelling) that the game never teaches. Imagine the average player, excited to unleash righteous fury, left scratching their head at why they’re lagging behind others. External guides and communities become mandatory for decent performance, creating an unfair barrier to entry.
This “artificial skill gap” discourages newcomers. Veterans end up doing the same thing anyway, making gameplay monotonous. Season of Discovery should be about exploring new content, not pixel-perfect button mashing.

Without seal twisting knowledge, casual players might get unfairly excluded from endgame groups. Damage meters become a constant reminder of a gap they don’t understand. Why are they lagging? Because the game never explained a core mechanic!

The Light Club Discord seems like a cool hangout, but it’s a tiny group. Basing decisions on a vocal minority hurts the majority. Most players, even on the forums, were clueless about this Discord. Don’t alienate the masses for the sake of a select few. These minority players wanted a hidden advantage in DPS logs over those that don’t even know how do it since it’s not even taught in any version of the game.

This mechanic doesn’t even exist in retail WoW! Why introduce confusion in a classic experience? Let’s keep Season of Discovery accessible and enjoyable, not a test of obscure techniques. There are plenty of ways to make Paladins engaging without resorting to hidden mechanics.

2 Likes

To be fair there isn’t much to it, people really overinflate the difficulty of it for some kind of personal feeling of accomplishment.
90% of seal twisting is in the ability to download a swing timer addon.

I do agree though, I understand replicating an old tech issue in TBC classic for integrity of experience, but implementing what is essentially a bug (the ability to have more than one seal active at a time) for the intended rotation is just a bit silly.
Seems more like simple lack commitment or effort to improve the spec genuinely.

It’s probably just going to be something you do when you don’t have Exorcism resets though.

I’m not convinced that it wasn’t just like 5 people with 10 alts each just begging very vocally for a “mechanic” that was born from a bug.

4 Likes

seal twisting doesnt belong in sod. it had a place in classic and tbc just b/c there was nothing else in paladin rotation

5 Likes

Twist will not make any difference for the player that doesnt want to twist.

Yes it will. It will further divide the WoW logs and exclude DPS/Tanks who don’t want to twist which will cause lower DPS numbers.