Scrap Seasons NOW

Seasons is just not gonna go well. It simply splits the playerbase too hard.

Just put original 2019 classic on a fresh server schedule (very similar to EQ1).

You will get more money, more subscribers, more active players, more retail conversions.

Seasons are just a weird hybrid between 2019 classic and Classic+.

Vanilla WoW was brought back due to the passion of the Vanilla WoW players for the game that is Vanilla WoW. We don’t want all these changes. We want the game we have been petitioning about for over a decade. We don’t want some weird amalgamation of Vanilla WoW and Retail WoW.

Give us Classic like originally pushed for and call it a day.

37 Likes

OK then remove world buffs and relaunch it because no one used world buffs on vanilla WOW servers for raids.

No they didn’t.

WBs were only used by like 1% or less of the players and for NAXX in Vanilla.

8 Likes

frosstfire has now evolved to the point where he just talks to himself. very interesting.

10 Likes

fresh with the SoM changes that prevented dungeon exp boosting
thats all i want at this point :expressionless:

i dont even care about world buffs anymore. it’s just w/e

4 Likes

No i was anticipating the WB andy talking points and shutting them down preemptively.

forget it, frosstfire. it’s ogre. the world buffers won :expressionless:

3 Likes

Getting all the world buffs and nuking the raids with your bros is literally so fun in classic

5 Likes

This is what we need

1 Like

The leak is probably fake, but it does illustrate how easy it is to screw it up and abandon what made Vanilla Vanilla.

I’m onboard with a fresh reboot.

8 Likes

You got brain damage buddy?

7 Likes

For real. I also never lost world buffs to another player. I either grouped up and got them like a social person or was sneaky about it. It adds a whole new element to the game

6 Likes

This is the way

4 Likes

Same, although our guilds main tank lost them all once and the guy who ganked him and then trash-talked all over the realm discord. It was funny. The most memorable one for me was having a warlock dot me when I hearthed after getting a songflower, he didn’t death coil but maybe he was playing and didn’t mean to kill.

Mostly getting the buffs was just about looking out and grouping up.

In my opinion, all of this did add an element to the game especially wpvp with known “villain” players and guilds. It also added to server communities. People can say what they want all-day but I really do think all of this makes the game more fun.

5 Likes

world buffs was literally the only thing that made vanilla raiding kinda fun

noone wants to go through molten bore the 900th time without them

5 Likes

You’re talking about vanilla. Classic is different .

3 Likes

Seasons was a huge mistake, very lazy. With the time from classic, tbc and WOTLK you would think you would have classic + soon. I will be very surprised if classic + isnt on the horizon.

1 Like

I’d love a fresh server to play on. I just started a new mage in classic last night!

Also, I haven’t been playing classic at all lately. What exactly is mastery and why are those servers locked to me even though I had characters on classic?

3 Likes

They’re locked for everyone. The season is over. If you had characters there you can still transfer them off. Info here,

Your classic characters continued on to TBC/wrath if you didn’t request cloning them to Era servers. They were never sent to the seasonal servers.

2 Likes

Then it would just be another SOM though, because that was a feature changed in SOM…

2 Likes

Frosstfire has a hard time accepting he would either need to play a “somechanges” form of the game or play Classic Era with scary world buffs

2 Likes