"Scheduled Maintenance"

It’s Schrödinger scheduling – not scheduled until it always has been.

One thing I didn’t see many (if any) people mention is the fact that 7 AM PDT translates to midnight AET. Keep in mind Oceanic servers are in the same data center as the NA servers, and while 7 AM PDT may not be convenient for some of us, most of us are getting ready for or at work/school while our down under brethren are no longer in prime raiding time, and they’re probably getting ready for bed or have already been at the pub for a couple of hours.

As mentioned, there’s no “good” time to do maintenance for a global game, but there’s no way Blizzard didn’t look at the data to determine that this is the least impactful window if they do have to bring the game down.

That said, the maintenance notification was on the launcher yesterday afternoon, but not for everyone. I saw it when I got home from work about 2 PM PDT yesterday, but my wife’s launcher showed nothing. I can’t speak to whether the notice was posted earlier than that (though it’s worth noting the leveling hotfix post on the forum is 23 hours old as of the time of this post), but 17 hours is a lot better than I’ve seen them do with “scheduled” maintenance outside of the expected Tuesday restarts.

I want my game and I want it now!!113342;m23mdfdf

There isnt a single thing you could be doing right now that is time sensitive. And yes there was scheduled maintenance that you could see last night.

Not to mention that they are doing this maintenance at 7AM, which means they have people starting this before normal business hours, and allowing the entire work day in case something really breaks. They are trying to avoid making their employees work extra long or off hours just because it’s inconvenient to a few jobless people on the east coast. This is also why a lot of releases (and frankly, most corporate things such as business deals, meetings, conferences, etc.) happen earlier in the week rather than 4PM on a Friday. You want extra time during normal hours in case something goes wrong.

1 Like

Annnnnd they added 30 more minutes lol

1 Like

Why would they possibly care about you anymore, they got your money. Make a statement, cancel your subscription today and use this as the reason.

1 Like

That’s the REAL instance timer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Extending and making up maintenance time on the fly with no prior notice is not scheduled maintenance.

4 Likes

The “schedule” is being rescheduled everyone.

Standby for a new schedule.

1 Like

Been trying to retrieve my character list for a bit, but nothing. Good job, blizzard. Failure on the basics again.

1 Like

bro you are missing the most important thing here. They act like the name of the xpac is the war within but they cut the last words to make it sound better. Its actually the war withing the server rooms

I’m having this issue as well, initially it showed the server list, but no characters were viewable. After relogging it won’t load in the server list at all.

I get one day off. I hope there’s some sort of compensation for this “scheduled” maintenance.

3 Likes

I JUST WANNA PLAY WOW! :sob:

1 Like

I get limited time to play, and I have not been able to login for 4.5 hours of the day. Really hard trying to adult and be a gamer with all the issues since yesterday.

3 Likes

im still having issues even trying to log on.

2 Likes

Looks like “scheduled” maintenance is back on the menu boys :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wasn’t on my launcher Nerds!

1 Like

what they need is to have a person who is actually passionate about the game running it, they obviously lazy and dont care about the game, they put more work into paid features then actual game, your greeds showing