"Scheduled Maintenance"

Just a heads up for anyone in the profession that’s new. (Looking at the interns at Blizzard)

When you randomly on the fly just create a maintenance downtime? yeah that’s not “Scheduled”

65 Likes

Some people had the scheduled notification and some people didn’t. I was stuck in a constant DC loop restarted my game like 8 times and saw it right before the servers notification went up.

5 Likes

Me and the pug gang just downed the last boss of a dungeon with 10 seconds to spare.

10 Likes

if you ever look at your launcher we knew about this yesterday

8 Likes

They scheduled it 10 minutes ago so its scheduled.

14 Likes

They did have it up, but then it was removed sometime between then and 5 hours ago, and then all was quiet until the server message came up in game.

This happened last week as well

3 Likes

Right? All they said yesterday was that they were applying a hotfix today, no mention of a maintenance. I sit down at the computer this morning with my coffee, log into the 15 minute warning message, check the launcher, oh, look at that a “scheduled maintenance.” I guess it’s technically a scheduled maintenance if you schedule it 15 minutes ahead of time…

4 Likes

only in the gaming industry can you get away with stuff like this. lololololol

5 Likes

They had a notice up yesterday. It showed on some peoples launcher and others it didn’t.

4 Likes

I don’t think there was any maintenance during early access from what I remember. Kinda funny how there’s multiple downtime windows and nerfs to leveling speed once early access ended :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

If it really was only less than a couple hours ago that the notification went up, that’s absurd.

If I did the same thing at work, I’d be either getting a talking to by my boss’ boss and/or shown the door. They really don’t appreciate sudden downtime, regardless of reason.

1 Like

There was an announcement this morning (or yesterday, depending where you are).

1 Like

oh look at this, another post crying about maintenance :yawning_face:

1 Like

they are just trolling at this point (blizzard, that is)

3 Likes

Additionally, especially in the IT industry when you have actual users using a product in a production environment there are things called “Maintenance windows” which the best practice is to design those around when users are using the system the LEAST.

For some reason blizzard likes to do these things literally right smack dab in the middle of a day instead of in the late hours of night like 3-4am or something. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

ya I am never getting it on my launcher at all I NEVER see any maint or server down until I log in… It’s been this way for Months

1 Like

do you want your boss to be calling you in to work at 3am?

3 Likes

they should have people there around the clock even if it’s just a few people

3 Likes

How to confirm you’re an American who thinks the world revolves around them and their specific demands without actually stating it…

2 Likes

If that’s your shift, then that’s your shift.
Believe it or not lots of people work the graveyard shift.

3 Likes