Scared shadowlands will continue bfa systems

“Anima power” as stated by Ion :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup. We are going to replace AP with AP - it will be better… riiiiight. Like the global cool down making the game better, gotchya.

1 Like

I wonder what the next abbreviation of AP will stand for.

Void-themed expansion will have Abyss Power to farm.

BET ME

1 Like

Three things it’s probably time to move on from…

• Power rental systems that last for one expac
  • RNG on top of RNG
  • Mission tables (unlikely since they still want people downloading the app)

Time to hit the players with something new, WoW team.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind this system if I had something to show for it at the end/during the expac. Legion AP/trait system was no different than what we have now, it’s just that I had an awesome weapon to show for it.

Now I have a necklace… I can’t do jacks*** with that. I can’t mog it, it doesn’t have any special effects, it’s just a useless paperweight come SL. MMORPGs are built on grinds, you just need to do the grind right, for an example I give FF14’s relic weapons they release every expac.

1 Like

I’m worried that one ability is gonna be meta and that we’re forced to take it regardless if you, as a player, want it for a class

1 Like

Scared? No.
Depressed that all the evidence points to it being extremely likely?

Yes.

No, you are not.

So how is this covenant system going to work? It looks SUSPICIOUSLY like another rented power system with a grind of sorts tacked on. Maybe they’ll add a weekly cap to progress? Maybe it’ll be something like the cloak where you do quests to get the tokens needed to advance it?

Honestly, people drop the “I will stop playing” as if blizzard would tremble at the thought of all these people stop playing.

There is a crowd, a huge crowd, that if blizzard launch a xpac called “The Cooking of the Shishqebap” and all that you earn in preordering it is a Shishqebap, and the content is a cooking recipe of Shishqebap. Even so, those people would pre order and stream and hype and make YouTube videos and instagram and etc.

No one cares if a few thousand people just rage quit and after a while. come back and play until next time they threaten to leave again.

They actually have a measure for the “hype inflation” that is the amount of players they really dont count on being around all the time.

People must realise that to a large extent, their complaints and “individual wants” means very little to a crowd that just enjoy the game and are not worried about “top dps”, BiS, ladders, PvP viability, nerfs, OP and all other whining people do.

Most of these complaints come from people that the business side consider more incovenient than their worth.

Of course it will be. Look at the leveling revamp. They’ve managed to get each expansion as close to being its own game as possible within the confines of WORLD of Warcraft. I’m 90% sure that, come the end of Shadowlands, we’re going to be reset to 50 and Shadowlands will slot in as “leveling from 10 to 50 content” right next to the other expansions.

WoW is modular now, and we’re probably never going to see any kind of character based, rather than rental based, progression again.

1 Like

So, we will be tenants of our armors ?
If we cant afford it, someone will come and demand us “either you pay or we will seize goods”

No it wasn’t. Legion is the reason we have what we have today.

3 Likes

Yeah it bothers me that people think Legion was so good. Legion was only good once the rental power systems were made into nothing and you could actually play the game again the way you wanted.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m a bit irritated by the fact they could continue the same mind numbingly boring and frustrating systems that obviously didn’t make bfa a smash hit.

Yea. I always enjoy leveling in new expansions, already preordered because I know I’ll like that.

But I agree. I’d hate to see these systems again and that will make or break me wanting to stay subbed.

WHy is it when I see the word Anima in regards to the game my mind starts doing a BfA parody of Tool’s Aenima
Some say the end is near
Some say we’ll see Armageddon soon
I certainly hope we will
I sure could use a vacation from this

BS three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless freaking hole we call BfA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fricking time, any frickinging day
Learn to swim, see you down in Booty Bay

1 Like

I’m more concerned with Covenants than anything. They will be really cool if they’re cosmetic, but if the abilities are different rather than just being reskins of one another then it’s going to be a disaster.

1 Like

I really am not worried about it.

I am certain that there will be a group of people who will never be content with all aspects of each expansion… and I know they will be here for the duration of the expansion to remind us how terrible the expansion is, even though they will lash out with ultimatums and fits of rage here on the forums and threaten to quit and take all their friends with them.

I’ll just be playing and enjoying the show.

And they are not reskins of each other, which blows my mind. Why they do those things and create issues that do not have to be created just leaves me speechless. They literally create their issues.

Seems like Blizz is getting warnings from all sides right now, people saying “don’t do this,” and I’m getting bad flashbacks to Azerite or the GCD change. I’m honestly just disappointed that they would even let it get off the drawing board without seeing how bad it’ll be.

Alpha datamining will be the key, since that’s likely to be what we get in the live game.

1 Like

Yeah, this waiting for the alpha stuff is getting to me. I want to see if I can be excited or move on.