Scammed out of an item and gold

Someone had offered me gold for an item so I proceeded to trade with them however as soon as I hit “are you sure” in the trade window he proceeded to take the gold out. He also refuses to return the item or give the gold and logged out. Is there something that can be done?

Nope. /10char

Unless you had an agreement stated in chat there is little that can be done.

That seems ridiculous given the fact that he agreed to pay a price and then refused after getting an item and intentionally pulling out the gold last second. Isnt this textbook scamming?

1 Like

You are welcome to submit a ticket, especially if you’ve got their name/realm. While it’s on us as players to be vigilant and do everything we can to not fall prey to these kinds of things, there will always be unscrupulous people. When submitting your ticket, include timestamps, the player’s name and realm, the details of your transaction.

Now, I would suggest that you go in with low expectations though. Rarely will you get your item back, but it doesn’t hurt to try. And at the very least, if they decide that you are in the right and this person did scam you? They will remove the item from their possession so that the other player cannot make a profit or gain after ripping someone off.

5 Likes

If the agreement was via in-game chat and clearly gave the terms (ie, purchase price etc), absolutely put in a ticket.

6 Likes

Yes there was an agreement in chat stating he would pay an amount for it and even said “deal”

Then i would put in a ticket stating that you were scammed out of said item for gold.

Since it was via in game chat the GM’s will be able to pull up the logs verify a scam took place and punish the scammer.

2 Likes

Well a ticket was opened… hopefully the person is punished for it. They’ve logged back in and just continue to ignore me when I ask about the gold or item.

Would be best to stop messaging them as they can report you for harassment. You have a ticket open so now it’s up a GM to sort out.

7 Likes

Noted and have done exactly that. I just hope something is done about it.

If you didn’t originally include the approximate date and time in your ticket, you may want to update the ticket with that I formation to reduce the time a gm would need to find the trade conversation in the logs.