Scaling in older instances is broken

For crying out loud. I’m struggling on 230-240 alts who could solo BFA M0 dungeons before. Bosses suddenly have 100k or more hp than they did before this pre-patch crap. Wiping on trogg boss in Mechagon Junkyard because i dont want to do fated raids on every single alt that used to be able to solo him is completely ridiculous. Revert this.

Edit: As several posts below me pointed out, its a lot worse. Apparently, older content is now scaling with item level and character level. What’s going on!!!

144 Likes

I saw people reporting that Legion raids were a bit tougher as well.

25 Likes

Heard about it. Bosses gained from 300k to 1Million hp in some particularly bad cases. Why did devs even scale up Mythic 0 dungeons or raids? They have absolutely nothing to do with chromie time or Dragonflight leveling, the one area this “hp buffs” were meant to adjust.

30 Likes

We called this and everyone was like … oh waa waa they’ll fix it this is only prepatch.

Then we’ll say oh they’ll fix it for launch…

Then it will be first .5 patch.

Then the next one.

Then it will be some bs about it being hard.

Then it will be next expansion after going through this cycle again.

This is still a problem because level squish was not implemented properly.

145 Likes

Because people found running old content to be fun. Blizzard is the only game company where the developers actively try to prevent people from having fun unless they are running the most elite top end content.

142 Likes

It doesn’t end there. To add sour icing to this Dragon turd, most of my alts cannot use covenant abilities anymore outside shadowlands, meaning they will struggle in BFA M0 dungeons even more than they already did. Even if via talents you can sometimes get some back, its still a net loss in power over not having to talent it, and i still cannot access some tools i used for soloing like necrolord’s hp barrier or the owl’s healing potion. Or Soulbinds but yeah.

Why buff hp when it should have been reduced, given how we lose SL stuff with prepatch in older content?

16 Likes

The not using SL things outside SL is intended, not a glitch or bug.

10 Likes

Then they should have reduced the old content’s hp pools, NOT increase it. Now my toons who could solo it cannot anymore. That’s horrible game design if its a intended change.

43 Likes

I hope the HP pool increase isn’t intended.

3 Likes

If they’re going to buff the mobs they should buff the drops too

34 Likes

By now this is the normal for every expansion. So by the end of DF, you’ll be able to re-solo those same mobs.

It’s happened every expansion since scaling was introduced.

5 Likes

legion stuff should take like sub 10 seconds to kill at this point

38 Likes

Mobs in M0 Freehold are hitting way harder than before. This is so stupid. I don’t think my alts are going to be able to solo this anymore.

11 Likes

Except it wasn’t the case. It only became the case in SL pre-patch, where it was widely despised. This is a repeat of that extremely unpopular change. They have to revert it, im struggling badly with what i could solo before. If i have to tolerate it a entire month, im just not going to even bother with DF, because when i wanna go back to older content once DF’s momentum is gone, its going to feel like a chore.

Also, just a fact: people with level 70 and dungeon gear in DF beta are struggling against older content they could solo at level 60 with 9.2.7

42 Likes

ok so I finished Freehold. The last boss took like 2x as long to die. This is dumb.

25 Likes

Pretty sure BFA should be soloable once your level 70.

If it’s not, then you have an honest gripe.

3 Likes

I’ll bet you 3 pairs of Garrosh shoulders that this will not be the case. Not on mythic anyways.

12 Likes

Why should I have to level 5 characters to have the same mount chances I had last week?

29 Likes

Logged into Warlords content on a max level 230+ item level character and the level 40 elites there aren’t one shottable anymore. Took 2-3 hits.

Something is definitely wrong here…

24 Likes

Considering that I have soloed Mythic Antorus aside from Eonar, which needs some changes; I will take that bet. You can keep Garrosh’s shoulders however. I am curious why you have three pairs of them however. The original had only one pair of shoulders.

…Or did you and Krieger create another Spiderpigboy hybrid?

2 Likes