Scaling garbage

Can’t even have fun in random low bgs now without level 120s ruining it. Yes they are scared down in level but their damage output is crazy in comparison. Especially the 119 bracket.

2 Likes

I agree. There have been threads on this where people say it’s not true, that the there is balance. But I queued for lower bgs, and there is a clear difference. I was extremely OP and outhealed all other healers by triple the numbers.

1 Like

Wish i could provide a solution but Blizzard frankly doesn’t give a crap. We’re stuck with this garbage till shadowlands.

You may have been OP or the other healers may have been from quel’thalas.

I was just in a BG with a mistweaver who did less healing than our marksman hunters, and yes he was there from the start of the game

Wont be a issue in a few months from now in shadowlands. They hardly fix max level pvp. Low level pvp probably doesn’t even exist for them

its only in 111-119. i usually kneejerk reply with “ gear up “ but i see you have. you can 1v1 most 120’s but they usually run in 4 or 5 man teams. my only suggestion for you is to get a higher ilvl weapon. i bet 110 was a blast though right?

2 Likes

the 119 bracket is where a 120 will be the weakest in all the party sync brackets

a 120 has their trinkets, professions, corruption, essences, azerite, and set bonuses disabled. we can’t even put down normal pvp food which is the same in all brackets.

a 119 twink will have all that. the only thing a 120 has is they are maxed out in scaled ilvl for your bracket, but other than that, they dont have a lot of advantages.

1 Like

I am sorry but I have to call you out on that one. The 119 bracket is one of the strongest brackets as a party sync, the only comparable one is 19 bracket as a dk or dh because they keep most of their abilities. Sure, they don’t keep corruptions or essences. But they do keep azerite powers, food, most general consumables, and heirloom on use/proc effects. They get a very good template in 119 that they are set to. The hp is generally higher than any non 120 player in the bracket, not including stamina or fortitude buff. The damage is insanely high and so is the healing. Healers can survive 4-5 people on them if played right with ease, and dps can deal 27-60k aimed shots or 40-60k chaos bolts. Those hits are high even for a 119 twink. Yes a 119 twink surpasses them, but with the fact they arent allowed in there and 120s run as premades it doesn’t work as an argument. They are much stronger than the max scaled ilvl in the bracket by a decent margin. Good corruptions sorta balance it out sometimes, but the proc chance is extremely rare not to mention getting the right ones and you only get access to them from 117 onwards so just 3 levels.

1 Like

My Stormstrike was 1-2 hitting people as a 120 in the 111-119 bracket.

It was actually boring to plays, not sure why people like doing it.

2 Likes

no, they do not. i have played on my 120 in the 119 bracket. your azerite, essences, corruption, and profession items are all disabled, even though some of them are available to lower level players.

they are scaled to max ilvl for the bracket.

party sync does in fact require a party. the difference is that a 120 is playing with a friend, a twink is there specifically to stomp on noobs. if a 120 is in your 119 game and is stomping you, they probably dont need a 120 to do that. scaled combat on my main is not that different than scaled combat on dk alts i level up.

120 party sync players are not scaled correctly from 111-119. I skipped that bracket of BGs because of it. They are actually on a whole different level from twinks. Every other bracket is fine weirdly, minus 10-19.

2 Likes

While I do not know about all profession items, many consumables are available for use. Your azerite powers are actually active even though it says they are not from 110+, you can check this through addons such as details or if they provide a buff/base effect. Heirlooms are certainly enabled. Corruptions and essences are disabled, but this does not matter. This is because while yes it says your ilvl is max for the bracket your actual relative power is much higher for some reason, the template they actually get is more on par with a semi geared 119 twink. I know characters of most ilvls in that bracket pretty well and synced 120s are much stronger than that. There is no reason I should be hit for 60k with one hit when the average hp is 40-50k.

I can guarantee that 120s are not going there just to play with a friend most of the time. They literally roll 119s alts and seek out 119s and go in a premade with other synced 120s specifically to get a much easier time in the 119 bracket to earn rewards easier on specific classes because of how powerful they are there. Its not even a contest when these premades come in unless you have a premade on your side, I have a little trouble believing you haven’t seen this unless your in a premade yourself. This bracket is balanced much worse than most other brackets, with only 10-19 and 20-29 surpassing it with arcane mages. They are almost ramstein levels of power when teamed up compared to levelers, so it is definitely not balanced. With one or two sure its fine no big deal, but a premade no way.

Edit: I also have to add, the player can just decline the queue on a 119 while entering on the 120 to prevent gaining exp and keep queuing forever on 120s or multiple 120s as they generally do with a premade. Some guilds and communities I think are there specifically for this at certain times.

1 Like

Really? Party sync in leveling bgs will no longer be a thing?

I think not.

People will be too busy playing shadowlands and gearing up

A brief respite.

One of the major reasons this has been a problem is raiders working on rank 4 pvp essences for their alts. With comparable incentives in Shadowlands (and since it’s the same pvp dev team…), probably it will still be a problem.

Meh perhaps even then people are complaining about 1 bracket anyway and that will change in shadowlands too I doubt it will be a issue in shadowlands