San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Nah, I feel like this would be a step in the wrong direction. Preserving ‘faction identity’ is a bad enough idea in itself, and there’s no need to double down on it.

The Horde also holds the Undead Elf theme already with Dark Rangers being members of the Forsaken, and while they’re not exactly the same kind of Undead as San’layn, the latter are former Blood Elves and still have more cultural similarities and unlike the Void Elves, prove no danger to the Sunwell and would likely be welcome back to Quel’thalas.

Alternatively they’d likely be welcome among the Forsaken as well, especially with the Forsakens leadership being more focused on reconciliation with their place in the world as as an Undead rather than conquering like Sylvanas.

The Alliance offers none of this, so I’d much rather see the San’layn go to the Horde.

6 Likes

That’s nice. Not happening.

I already explained why. Scroll up in the thread.

Here’s one of the posts.

I’m not repeating myself other than:
Goth isn’t a theme but nice try. Void isn’t undead. Case closed.

“Intact aesthetics” mean nothing when void elves came out of the in the first place and here’s MY wild card: I don’t care what hair colors void elves get, as far as I’m concerned identity went out the window when they were added right along with their less than ideal (to me) lore. And the sunwell thing that didn’t by the way “Lightforge” anything. When it comes to vanilla elves, I mean.

Alliance shouldn’t get San’layn, it wouldn’t make sense lorewise nor theme wise. Because again. Alliance doesn’t suddenly have reserve on undead elves through void elves. They don’t and I’m tired of people pretending otherwise for their agenda relating to something else.

This ain’t it.

11 Likes

Sunwell is half arcane and half light.

Red eyes is a long requested option, usually for dark rangers, while San’layn is normally preferred as a full AR.

So you come in here to flip it on a completely unrelated request.

Take your spite elsewhere.

This is a ridiculous claim.

There is nothing to link San’layn to the Alliance.

I’m sorry why do you think this?

Alliance will kill any undead who tries to join them. Especially San’layn.

These are not their only themes.

Outright lie.

Stop.

You want this kind of drama high elf threads are waiting for you.

The hell is this Gothic theme people keep claiming?

Void elves are void themed…

The only Gothic elves at all are San’layn… Which have no connections to void elves or the Alliance.

Like Sethrak going Alliance, the San’layn going Alliance is a pipe dream.

9 Likes

Likely comes from one of their jokes mentioning Void Elves and San’layn both being part of the Emo subculture. I’m sure there are some definitions that could argue in favor of considering Void Elves gothic too, but I don’t particularly care either way.

2 Likes

I wanted to reaffirm my support for playable Horde San’layn. This is of course my own personal preference, but it is what makes the most sense to me. If someone particularly wants Alliance San’layn, I respectfully disagree with that notion for reasons others have posted here.

We all have races we like in a fantasy setting, and to me that makes things a lot of interesting in the context of a MMORPG. I like to see all sorts of races of different types become playable so that people who enjoy a specific type of character can enjoy them. Whether it’s the Dwarf fan who wants to drink ale all the time, the Elf fan who wants to be this amazing Ranger able to shoot a fly between its eyes with a toothpick, to the Ogre fan that just wants to smash stuff up. This is among several reasons I try to support everyone’s particular wants when it comes to playable races.

I do also try to keep an open mind, even when it comes to races that I don’t particularly agree with. There are a few races that I don’t particular agree with, and yes I’ve voiced my displeasure at the idea of them becoming playable. Despite that, it’s all I would do. Under no circumstances would I ever judge or attack someone for the race they want playable. It’s not fun to get berated or bullied because of people not liking what you’re personally supporting.

I find no practicality in such actions and it’s depressing to see others that would come just to muck things up in an attempt to ruin another’s day. For what purpose? The “lawlz” as it were? Some perverted sense of tribalism? I’ve never really understood the point of people doing such things, and I think it’s for the best that it never makes sense to me.

I’m more of the type to come together and just support each other. That character creation screen has a lot of room on there for all kinds of races and I feel like there is more than enough room to add in new races overtime that would add some really good diversity to that character creation screen, as well as bring some passionate players to the game who would love to have their dream race finally playable.

I’ve tried to make this stance known to others. I’m not here to antagonize, I’m not here to put down others, and I certainly don’t have ambition at the expense of others. I do what I can to respect everyone and show off my support for my wanted races while helping others in their support as well.

I do not type this with a judgmental or sanctimonious posture. Instead I try to put things into perspective, realizing that there is a human being behand that mugshot you see in the top left of the post. I personally prefer to engage with others with respect as opposed to contempt as a result, even if I don’t agree with them one hundred percent.

This isn’t really directed to anyone in particular. It’s something I feel like I wanted to get off my chest. The race megathread community has some great people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting, and I’m happy to find others with similar interests that have banded together to support each other. I’m glad to be part of it and being able to have a place to voice our my support for my wanted races.

I hope people do not take offense to anything I have typed. I have not meant it to be offensive. All I’m interested in is just meeting with cool people from the different megathreads and seeing the passion they have for types of races they want to see playable in the game.

Agree or disagree as you see fit. I do not claim to be perfect, nor do I claim the above to be the ultimate truth. However, if I am judged to be wrong in some fashion, I have to question whether being right is worth it or not. It is honestly how I feel, and I hope others will consider what I say to some effect.

I look forward to continuing sharing passions with our dream playable races with each other. :wine_glass::bat:

10 Likes

After a lot of thought, I’ve decided to do a deep dive into this, and I don’t care how absolutely odd I look by doing this. But if I have to use charts and essays to prove my point, so be it. Let’s dive right in, shall we?

Now, I will go point by point on my handy-dandy chart I made with MS paint because I was too lazy to grab my drawing tablet.

(1) Depicts the Thalassian Elf, whose eyes change based on the magic they use. Blue is where they start, representing arcane. Blue is also where they can revert back to from fel-green. Fel-green indicates the use of fel crystals or heavy fel magic. It’s reversible, as we’ve see. Finally, golden, the new eye color, which indicates the new status of the sunwell, which is arcane and light. If a Thalassian Elf is away from the Sunwell and doesn’t visit it, the eyes will revert to fel green (if fel magic/crystals are used) or arcane blue (don’t ask me how ‘high elves’ work, I’m no expert, I’m assuming they just have/utilize mana or something.)

Keep in mind, none of the above is modified per elf except EYE COLOR. This will be an important piece of information I will bring up later.

(2) Here we see the transition to a felblood elf. As stated in the chart, it isn’t reversible. You get a felblood elf by drinking demon’s blood for several days, which warps you for good. Your appearance DOES change, and there is no way you can ever return to being an ‘uncorrupted’ Thalassian Elf.

(3) With any form of undead elf, regardless of which path (simple undead, San’layn, or Dark Ranger/Banshee), this is not revertible. It is a permanent change.

(4) Void elves go through a ritual to become void infused. This is also not reversible. It changes the elf’s appearance and/or magical dynamics. Now, Blizzard added varying non-void shades of skin color to void elves, along with variant eye colors. This shows that void elves, at least, have varying levels of appearance change. They, however, still have that racial and can shift to being that ball of void energy. Their appearance could be modified (tentacle hair) but also possibly not. Regardless, they cannot revert to being an uncorrupted Thalassian elf.

(5) Light corruption in Thalassian elves does NOT exist. People are trying to use the golden eyes in (1) to justify a completely new type of elf never before seen in the game before–whereas (2), (3), & (4) already VERY MUCH exist in lore. Whatever this thing is, it does not. Which leads me to my next point. This is another point that will come up later.

(6) Here we get into light corruption of Draenei, leading to Lightforged Draenei. Notice something? Perhaps the fact that their appearance is perma-changed, and they can’t revert back to being blue da-ba-dee-da-ba-die? They also have glowing light tattoos and other light-related things. They went through a ritual to be perma-changed. These folks actually exist! And on the Alliance. Yet… strangely… people want to take their direct theme, the light, and their ritual, and apply it to Thalassian elves, again to create an entity that does not exist in lore, whereas (2) & (3) do exist and already have their own lore.

(7) Eredar politely asked to be included in this chart as well, so I included them. They’re in the same situation as (2). You go, you cherry-goats.

Now to summarize the points I made. You see from (1) that eye color doesn’t change anything about the elf aside from an indicator to the type of corruption they are dealing with. There are no perma-changes when jumping from one to the other, and you can, with effort, jump from one to the other without issue.

The Thalassian elf is arcane-based above all. “Blue” will be what the elf will revert to should they rely on mana and not the Sunwell. It’s how we have High Elves, or something. As per BLOOD ELF Culture, arcane tattoos make the most sense for customization. Please also consider their racial, which is 100% NOT light based. It is arcane based. This also means that things like scarring, and maybe jewelry that has a better design (ex: The choker the blood elf is wearing in the BC cinematic) would make the most sense to highlight the theme of Blood Elves.

When we look into light customization/corruption, we would be using (6) as an example. Except… the customization available to LFD is because they went through a ritual that cannot be reversed. Light is embedded into them, much like how arcane is embedded into Thalassian Elves. Void Elves on the Alliance have that for void. Light customization such as glowing tattoos or hair would therefore make no sense. There is no precedent, magic doesn’t modify in that way, there was no ritual to light-corrupt Thalassian elves in lore, and quite frankly, there shouldn’t be when we have other viable forms of corruption that fit elves the most.

THEREFORE, given the origin of Blood Elves and use of fel crystals to survive, the customization that would make the most sense would not be anything light-based. It would be (2), the felblood elf. Those exist in lore, and a key missing component is how they would desire/join the Horde and their brethren. We know Outland is still active from the Thrall cinematic, so they could be out there. Or it could be something as simple as: “A group of blood elves decided to tap even more into the power of fel and Illidari training is not a thing, so they got ahold of demons blood and BOOM consequences”.

"But Falls, where do San’layn relate in all of this?"
I’m glad you asked! San’layn are another path of corruption reflected in blood elves. How? Look to both Mists of Pandaria and BfA, Blood Elves HAVE utilized Blood Magic. It’s a viable path, not as strong as fel, but waaaay stronger than ‘light corrupted’ notions because San’layn actually exist.

However, this all just shows that San’layn would fit very well as their own Allied Race, and Felblood would make for great Blood Elf customization due to their theme. It could honestly go either way, and we could get Felblood or San’layn/Dark Ranger customization on Blood Elves themselves, but either path of corruption does fit the Blood Elf.

Not only that, but when it comes down to it? Blood Elves are a core race and have been in the game for far, far longer. So yes, they do deserve more ‘themes’ (MAGIC, GOTH IS NOT A BLOODY THEME, UNDEAD OR FEL IS) that currently exist in lore and have been asked for. I don’t care how we get these existing Thalassian Elves as playable, though I’d prefer San’layn as an Allied Race.

Light Corrupted elves do not exist, whereas other avenues of corruption do. Eye color = reversible and not pure corruption. Void Elves = / = reserving ‘the gothic style’, and it’s nonsense that people claim that while in the same breath begging for more high elf stuff on void elves. Go ahead and make those arguments (on another thread please, people know by now I don’t care about ‘regular’ stuff on void elves and don’t have a strong opinion either way aside from the desire from a hair STYLE exchange w/o tentacles), but do NOT tell me ‘oh well Horde can’t have corrupted elves because we have void elves hur hur’ since void elves are NOT fel, and they are NOT undead. Goth. is. not. a. theme. It’s not.

Case and closed.

Edit: I added this is a link to the first post as well because I’m so finished with this argument. From this point forward, people can refer to this post on why ‘lightforged options’ on blood elves make no sense.

9 Likes

I agree with you, though I doubt the sincerity of the recent spat of “Alliance San’layn” posters. They all include rhetoric I’ve seen echoed in less than honest circles.

That said you’re right. They are 100% welcome to their opinions.

6 Likes

Just reiterating my support for playable Horde San’layn, either as customization for Blood Elves, Customization for Forsaken if they can use the Thalassian model, or ideally as their own allied race. Give sexy vampire elves to the Horde plox!

10 Likes

Damn, girl! That is quite the post, lol. Didn’t know about the Felblood. Sign me up for those.

And #5 does exist but they are called Blight Elves. :laughing: That’s a joke for anyone that doesn’t know.

EDIT: I want Horde Eredar/Manari.

5 Likes

Right? :stuck_out_tongue: If only I could turn things like that into an actual useable skill for a career. Well, I could. But my desire to do it only works for things I’m passionate about, and I guess that landed on ‘bloody (emphasis on bloody) fantasy elves’.

I’m a big goth (NOT A THEME) nerd.

What’s the joke from? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah I did read your edit to previous post and yeah, all the points you brought up make sense about not having fun anymore. It just…yeah. >< Didn’t want you to feel ignored there! I just kinda dove right into the 'nope’s.

6 Likes

That was an elaborate and magnificent post, great way to break everything down.

One thing I would like to see personally however for Blood Elves would be the ability to have glowing tattoos and possibly hands and hair like the Nightborne. While gold could be included as more of a nod towards the Sunwell and their solar theme as a people, they could also do red for representing Blood magic, which the Sin’dorei are known to dabble in, as well as green for Fel which they have also have dabbled in.

3 Likes

Yeah I can see that, tattoos in general that could actually match their eye color to indicate what magic they use, something that could be ever changing. Like blue eyes = blue glow tattoos, golden eyes = golden glow tattoos, red eyes = red glow tattoos. They wouldn’t be a perma-change in that case (Stuck to one color) but lorewise something that would be just like the eyes.

I swear elves are like the eevees of the Warcraft universe considering how much a huge surge of magic or ritual will alter them perma (evolving)…

8 Likes

I saw a chart of Warcrafts Elves on the WoW Cosmology Chart that was pretty funny.

I used to push the idea of Rune Tattoos with a selection that matches the eye color before I gave up posting list.

• Magical Rune Tattoos like the Burning Crusade Box Art and Magister Rommath.
    The Runes can potentially have the option to glow in Green/Gold/Blue/Red to show Fel/Light/Arcane/Blood magics, in a similar fashion as Blood Elf Eye Colors.

I think it would be a good to add some variety to Blood Elves.

Especially if they added more jewelry types and colors and extended it to males so the feature was is not a bust like it is now.

6 Likes

I already know. You can tell by your videos. :bat::wine_glass:

It was just my rant more then anything. Seriously tired of the crap Blizz keeps dishing out and expecting us to take. I’ll quote what I said in another post:

WoW was my drug of choice but I’ve now seen that it has changed over the years into a completely different drug that I don’t enjoy. I am now going to go to rehab and kick the old habit. If Blizz ever decides to make WoW an enjoyable fantasy MMO again I would at the very least think about going on a bender again but as of right now it is just better to kick the habit and wash my hands then it is to stick with the new mutation.

BTW, how is FFXIV? I am seeing a crap ton of posts about it lately and was thinking of giving it another try. Right now I’m kind of into ESO but I haven’t delved to deeply into it yet. My WoW sub is up Tuesday night so will be spending more time in another MMO and it’s between ESO or FFXIV right now.

I take it you have contact with Somand? Please say hi for me. Thanks.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s a good way to put it, to be honest. Personally, I did really enjoy Legion–yes, I know it had its flaws, particularly in the RNG legendary system. My unpopular opinion is that I loved the artifact weapon and really think it should have carried on. Maybe with more flexibility, but like… earning appearances for it and stuff and having something like that to work for was a lot of fun. I also enjoy all of the QoL stuff. And I play to collect & roleplay–so if the story is terrible (like personally I feel it is in Shadowlands, just a personal thing) I am not going to enjoy it.

It seems like they’ve just focused on hardcore players and ignored requests for anyone other than those who spam mythic raids/dungeons. It’s what got me to leave, and I have several months left on my time but I don’t play anymore and am just on here in the forums.

I’d love the option of neutral factions (again, just option), FAR more customization, player housing, a RP mode for dungeons (no mobs, more players allowed in, just for the atmosphere), et cetra. These requests will never be acknowledged though, Blizzard has made it clear that they don’t care about the RP or collector community. It’s a bunch of lazy mount reskins with RIDICLOUS RNG lately, a rare spawn + rare drop, or something like the stupid reputation caches. Pass. With practically every mount locked behind that, and many of which are STUPIDLY covenant restricted (I HATE IT SO MUCH), being a collector is pointless too. I’m just finished and tired of it.

Yeah it seems like the forums are flooded with stuff on FFXIV. I’ll give you the perspective of it from a new player swapping from WoW to FFXIV. Now, FFXIV does win out as appealing to me due to the amount of stuff for character customization & its amazing story. But here’s some info:

Pros
-The story, to me personally, is amazing. HOWEVER, I did buy the “A Realm Reborn” skip and just watched some youtube videos relating to the story for it. A lot of people recommend not to do that. However, it is very slow, including the combat system. I’ll mention this more in cons.
-The amount of character customization completely blows WoW out of the water. They also have height sliders, which I learned is actually both wonderful and a disadvantage in some areas.
-The community seems more understanding/kind to new players, but this is just my personal experience.
-They actually listen to their community, which to me personally blows blizzard out of the water. It just doesn’t seem like Blizzard is listening.
-Player housing - not the best system, but still really great and EONS ahead of WoW. There is competition for player housing I’m aware they are working on. But I am soooo excited to work toward getting a house and designing it for my character :heart_eyes:
-VERY extensive professions, far more goes into professions for FFXIV than WoW.
-You can learn all classes (jobs in FFXIV) on one character, including crafting/gathering.
-Spell effects can be really pretty. I dunno, I like them and think they’re neat.
-Very different questing style. Much more cinematic/story oriented which I did like. Later in the expansions, it gets more interactive, as well.
-Moogles.
-Very neat armor designs.
-It feels more relaxed than WoW, in terms of far less of a ‘GOGOGOGOGOOGOG’ mentality. But I have not hit end game yet, so.
-THEY HAVE ARMOR DYES :smiley:
-They have earnable emotes which is so awesome and I love it. As a roleplayer who likes customization, yes please.
-Their music is bloody amazing.
-There is a ‘gpose’ system in FFXIV that allows for posing and amazing screenshots :slight_smile:

Cons
-FFXIV is very alt unfriendly. Incredibly so. You don’t share your collections at all. Much of the shop stuff applies to a single character. You can’t mail to an alt, you have to trade through a trusted friend. However, if your reason for having many alts is to try different classes, this is entirely negated as you can have all classes on one character. You can also apply glamor plates (transmog) to your class sets.
-Combat is very slow in the start of the game - which was miserable when I tried it the first time. This IMMENSELY improves over time, however.
-A realm reborn is very boring when it comes to story and a bit long, but they’ve cut down on it, at least.
-Very little race variety. That got me down a tad at first, but I’m an elf player. I like humanoid races. While I like seeing more monsters/different takes… it wasn’t the end all be all for me like it would be for some. The reason why they don’t add as many races is the height sliders! They’d have to adjust every single piece of gear for every point of health and…yah, when it was put into perspective for me there, oof. A lot. But! I personally do like the races they offer while wishing they had more. They have so many neat contenders for races that I’d love to see as playable. Perhaps not giving them height sliders would allow them to be released, but some might feel that’s unfair. It’s a shame and a pretty large con for some, which is entirely understandable.
-The glamor system is limited with number of gear pieces you can have (unlike WoW where collection is permanent). Not really a big deal though because there’s a ton of room at least.
-It might feel a bit strange going from WoW to FFXIV due to the different ‘feeling’ of fantasy in both. FFXIV has less orcs v. humans and more, well, I suppose eastern-style mythology. It was jarring at first but I grew to really like it. I do encourage people to ignore the ‘BUT EW ANIME’ toxic take that comes up every time FFXIV does.
-PvP really isn’t a thing. I mean, I know it exists, but my love says ‘it’s a joke’ in FFXIV.

Little Tidbits I enjoy
-You have your own chocobo companion (looks waaaaaay cooler than hawkstriders) that you can name and change the feather color of by feeding it some fruit in order. You also can get chocobo ‘barding’! There’s a variety of options for it. It’s basically a little customizable mount that I really find special. Oh and the chocobo can fight alongside you, you level him up and add skills to him!
-There’s a modern-fantasy/urban fantasy vibe to it that I enjoy personally. I don’t like old-timey stuff and do actually enjoy tech + fantasy. It felt a tad overboard with the Empire stuff (which was only a feeling for me in the very beginning) buuuut I got over that and it just is really cool, mixing magic and tech.
-I like the villains and how they have a lot of nuance.

And now I bring some screenshots

This is my bard, Fa’llynn! On the chocobo I mentioned–the chocobo’s name is Excalibur. I know it’s meme’d to death “OH NO CAT GIRLS” but I don’t care, I love my kitty. I’ve always liked neko (and kitsune but they don’t have those).

This is Elias, he was one of my Blood Princes in WoW. I turned him into an Au Ra (Xaela) here. I LOVE XAELA LORE! And am just as obsessed with them as I am with San’layn, I will admit.

Here he is with his little Poroggo, a frog friend. I’m getting art of this fella done very soon, and will share if people want. But yeah!

In summary, I’m really enjoying myself. The game does have its flaws. But I tried to give the objective ‘this is how it feels to a prior WoW roleplayer’ explanation here. Definitely isn’t for everyone and will appeal to people differently. However, I’m happy with it now and that much is clear since I’ve decided to commission art of these characters :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Saw this and had to affirm Somand is the best :sob:

EDIT: I know you didn’t ask me but I shared it in chat and tagged somand and said EVERYONE LOVE SOMAND cause its true

4 Likes

I grew up on FF7 and loved the story behind the original. First time ever that I just hated a villain in a game and the story takes you for a loop. I love a good story in games it just tends to hook me even more then one without it. Loved the chocobos and the gun blades were different for me at that time. One of the FF games, can’t remember which, let you breed chocobos for racing and I loved that part of the game also. Seeing your chocobo brings me back.

I hear that ARR is the worse part of the entire game and that is the original/vanilla/classic version so new players have to normally slog through that and I can understand why it would turn a lot of new players off. I wasn’t in to it when I tried the free version but I think I’m going to give it another try. Tera was my WoW killer back around 2012 but the first time I played it I didn’t like it but went back later and it just blew my mind so FFXIV might do the same. Never know.

The mostly human type, non-monster races did kind of put me off also. The only races that appealed to me were that demon type and the rabbit girl. The cat people are O.K…

Thanks. :heart:

EDIT:
One thing I like about ESO is that it has a couple of the WoW voice actors in it like Illidan, Sylvanas and Lor’themar. Plus, it has a voice actor from SWTOR and a Harry Potter actor. One of the best voice actors is John Cleese as a crazy character, lol, which fits. Even has Kate Beckinsale from Underworld, Bill Nighy from Pirates of the Caribbean and Malcolm McDowell from Clockwork Orange. The list goes on and on.

EDIT #2:
Found a vampire guild in ESO but haven’t tried to contact them since they RP and I don’t. :frowning:
[Crescent Pact | ESO Vampire Roleplay Guild, NA-PC](https://crescentpact.com/)

EDIT #3:
I’m wondering if Elune was the Eternal One in charge of Korthia. Watched a video on her and it appears she has both light and void powers. She also appears to have abandoned her roll as Eternal One which could explain why it is the city of secrets. Maybe she hid it or elements in it when she left so others couldn’t misuse it. I think it would be cool to see her come back to foil the Jailors plans. Just something I was thinking about but am probably wrong on, lol.

EDIT #4: Subs up this afternoon and the earliest I could possibly resub is 10.0. Game is broken and Blizz isn’t fixing it. Classes are the main problem imo and I refuse to play the garbage they are handing out. Playable San’layn can not cover up the dumpster fire classes at this point in time. I’ve enjoyed the San’layn community and wish you all well. Take care. :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

Will back all of this up, also Muscle SLIDERS for the Roes!

Moogles are indeed awesome.

My only real complaint is how quiet everything is, the music is awesome, but there’s no voices except in certain cut scenes so there’s a very quiet feel to the game. Don’t even know if that’s a complaint for me, just something different that I haven’t settled on yet.

There’s a lot it does awesomely but there’s still a lot WoW does awesomely too so I’m not gonna declare one better than the other, but I do recommend trying the other out if you’re burned out or approaching that point, it’s quite refreshing.

3 Likes

The cinematics do get a lot of voice acting in later expansions like Heavensward on so there is that! Granted, outside of those, yeah they’re not voiced. It’s weird, that’s one thing I just never noticed myself, I played WoW with my sound off most of the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I might be heading out for good, growing very attached to the game I mentioned and am having a very good time. I wish you well! Thanks for being kind, always. You also did help teach me a little with art which I greatly appreciate :slight_smile: Even if I don’t practice enough!

As for me, I think my posting habits are going to decrease significantly if not vanish entirely. The game, in truth, is just not for me anymore. It appeals to another type of player, which is just fine. It just, to me, is no longer fun. I had a good time while it lasted, and I can say I tried very hard to get San’layn added. I tried to add in creative ideas, and those that made sense.

More than that, though, I really am tired of the drama and slander behind my back. Certain members of the community here (not specifically this thread) decided to spread lies about me. I thought they were my friend and was there to talk and support their art, but in the end, things went very sideways due to certain behaviors.

I’m almost certain they will continue a certain rhetoric about me, so I’ll clear things up about me before I go:
-I am very bullheaded with my opinions, this is true. I have a right to share whether I like or dislike ideas on the forums.
-I do not attack people. I will say if I find an idea ‘trash’ or ‘stupid’. People have seen me say this before, it is nothing new. I’m sassy and I’m not going to deny that one either.
-I will never demand someone to shut up and not share their opinions either. If someone dislikes my ideas or thinks they are trash, by all means, that’s fine, but do not attack me as a person or the quality of my writing.
-I wish those that disagree with me in a mature fashion the best, and perhaps you will get what you want fixed/added someday as well.

Aside from that, this has impacted my mental health, and I need to step away. I’m not going to hide that fact. I’m unsure why someone would find the need to pull that for something as simple as wanting additions to the game and disagreeing with others, but here we are.

I’m sorry that I have to fade significantly on these terms, but it is what it is. I’ve been made extremely uncomfortable about the situation.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their endeavors, and to the party involved that is attacking my character, I’m not willing to talk about it and seek to be left alone, I am very offput by this behavior.

Edit:

Also, I would appreciate if certain communities would stop bringing their drama into this thread. It’s clear that there’s arguments that hold very little sense being made (and I’m allowed to have this opinion). Then, when someone speaks up and says ‘that doesn’t make sense’, it’s: “I’m dogpiled, I’m the victim, no one agrees with me they must all be in an echo chamber”.

People are allowed to have other opinions, and people are allowed to point out how much said opinions make no sense.

It gets tiresome when the ideas shared here are now being used to push an agenda unrelated with petty arguments on top of that, but here we are.

I’ve even said it myself that I don’t care what other elves get. I only care that Horde get San’layn through customization or AR. I don’t even care if the customization goes to void elves either, but exclusively, no. Not at all. If we have to deal with high elf stuff now on blood elves AND void elves, people do NOT get to reserve San’layn, which tried to join the HORDE and fit way more in the HORDE, for the Alliance.

I mean, you can argue that all you want. But don’t throw a temper tantrum when people reasonably disagree with the arguments that really do not hold water and are made out of petty bitterness.

11 Likes

I admire you and the community you’ve built so much :sparkling_heart: you’ve always done what was right on things whether people supported San’layn or not, being a good person comes first for you and it shows.

9 Likes