San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Again, no new elves before we get ogres.

1 Like

You’ve very much made your point, thank you. I personally disagree. I respect your opinion, and definitely heard you the first time, but I do disagree. I wish you luck in your wish for ogres and think they also would be a good addition to the game even if I’m not interested in playing them. I do encourage idea sharing on the very well constructed megathread for ogres, which I have in the megathread index (second post).

I also did make my point clear, in case some skipped reading the first post, that no one here is asking for San’layn “instead of” anything. I’m not against Azeroth/Outland/Draenor race additions if I haven’t made that clear enough.

4 Likes

I’m delighted any time we get new races, and while there’s some I’ve like sooner than others points at thread there’s absolutely nothing to be gained be demanding one has to be allowed before others.

It’s just pettiness that makes your request look bad, rather than getting people to rally behind it.

4 Likes

Sadly we fans of the darker aspect of the Sin’dorei have to deal with this constantly. The whole we have Void Elves so we now own all the darker themes is a bunch of bs. They be like, Because we are blue and purple we now own rights to necrotic. Necrotic and void are not the same thing. That would be like me saying, Fel and nature are both green so I guess us fel tainted belfs as we are called by many helfer’s also own nature magic. So we would appreciate if Blizz would remove druids from the Alliance. I mean it is bs, but it would be no different then what they are doing. The sad thing is they pop into threads that have nothing to do with them just to stir up trouble.

On another note I’m hoping to see San’layn get some development. I also hope that if Blizzard continues in future expansions giving us allied races that we get either San’layn or Felblood as an allied race. My dream would be San’layn as an allied race with Dark ranger customizations and felblood customizations for blood elves. I remember that it was the original dark themed blood elves that got me into playing the game. I would really like to go back to that and have the rp tools to show that.

8 Likes

Can you explain why you think this?

What light based theme are you referring to of late?

The majority of blood elf soldiers were rangers in bfa, and there is a WQ involving their blood magic golems. The only place you see their paladins is in a single warfront.

Before that we see them fight alongside the defenders of Undercity. Mostly rangers there too.

Before that in legion even their paladins were assisting the nightborne, which is arguably an extension of their own mana addicted storyline.

Blizzard doesn’t only focus on the light with blood elves.

Meanwhile I don’t really see anywhere where the San’layn (or any undead) fit within the Alliance.

Even Calia left to join the undead faction in the world. It only makes sense for the San’layn to go Horde.

Ogre thread is over there.

10 Likes

Yeah true that. I got into a kerfluffle with people on it in another thread (Actually I think some folks here saw that clash) and ended up deciding that it isn’t worth my time anymore to wander anywhere beyond this thread, the Saurok thread, the Ogre thread, and the Sethrak thread, because people would like to make false claims about me without backing them up in attempt to slander. It’s very frustrating and even stressful, and something as silly as game forums shouldn’t cause that.

More to the point though, they also shove ‘but now you have light themes’ on blood elves when there are no such thing as ‘lightforged elves’. I don’t know why people are doing it because unlike Dark Rangers/San’layn v. Void Elves, “lightforged elves” would be stealing directly from Lightforged Draenei. It honestly boggles my mind, if I’m going to be completely honest. While in the same breath saying “no you can’t ‘steal’ from void elves”. And people are trying to claim I’m the hypocrite, but it’s not how things work because:
-San’layn/Dark Rangers have existed and were sought out for long before void elves were even a thing, whereas Lightforged elves literally do. not. exist. Dark Rangers of which are present on the Horde right now, as well. San’layn of which have attempted to join it.
-“Goth” and “Dark” isn’t a theme like people want to pretend it is. Void = / = either death or fel. Void Elves are NOT San’layn, they’re NOT Dark Rangers, and they’re NOT felblood elves. Whereas Blood Elves and High Elves ARE interchangeable.
-Golden eyes don’t suddenly mean golden themes. As I said in another thread, if they really want to emphasize blood elf, they would add either more arcane themes or fel. And the other THEME wouldn’t be ‘light’ because lightforged elves aren’t a bloody thing.
-And these people say all of this in the same breath as "give us more regular stuff for void elves and ignore their void theme FROM BLOOD ELVES while also saying only we can have ‘dark themed elves’ (not a theme so incorrect on their part anyway).

It just… sigh. If they want to make up lore for lightforged elves as blizzard does so ridiculously a lot, fine, but I am adamantly against the notion because they very much should focus on lore for elves for the Horde that has been made and sought out for.

Honestly? I say we don’t even worry about it. If these fans want to be ridiculous and try to push this on us, they can try. I entirely reject it, don’t want to see it, and am allowed to disagree. I know it’s practically a sin to disagree here on the forums, but there we go. I think it’s a bad idea like how I think Shadowlands Races being playable is a bad idea. I’ll never put down people who want it, that’s fine. I’ll never tell them they shouldn’t express their opinion or wants either. That’s also fine. But I, too, am allowed to say what I dislike, just like people come in here all the time to bash San’layn.

Very much agreed. I really wouldn’t be upset if felbloods became an Allied Race, and San’layn customization, or vice versa. I wonder if they’d end up doing felbloods as an AR or customization, because I know there’s some who would love felblood orcs as well, and I’m wondering if that’d be customization or an AR. Definitely something to consider. Oh, then we add Eradar to the mix, and again if we get lore for all these demonic free-willed entities, any of them could be possible. They at least actually exist, we just need to see them express desire to join the factions.

Outland, as we know, is still functional even if it’s shattering (thrall cinematic showed that) so I wonder if they’d ever do a revamp and return. Something to certainly think about!

9 Likes

I think only if they do it in Shadowlands. If Blizz can’t find a way to introduce not only Horde vampires but a necromancer class in an expansion about death then they are lost. Introducing them some time after would now make far less sense then introducing them when they actually fit.

Alliance has werewolves so can’t have vampires also. I’m against any one faction having access to both of those races. Best to keep them separate. Even back in the black and white movies it was werewolves vs vampires and I think it should continue to stay that way in WoW.

If Alliance got vampires I would straight up give up hope for WoW. Only solution if Alliance got vampires is to give the Horde some werewolf race along with vampires also. But this is the worse scenario imo and never want to see either faction have both races.

That was under Sylvanas and can be far easier to explain then an enemy coming to them and saying “We want to be friends”. Both sides killed a Blood Prince if I remember correctly but you are still their enemy while we are still their ally. And Sylvanas is EVERYONES enemy so we have an out.

You’re welcome to your opinions but I believe this thread is for Horde San’layn and not Alliance. Thanks for your input either way.

To each their own.

7 Likes

I think a lot of this is caused by Blizzard slowly forgetting their own themes to the point that a lot of players don’t even know what they are anymore.

4 Likes

Reigniting the Sunwell was a mistake.

2 Likes

I will admit there’s a part of me that agrees with you. I personally think Velen and the rest of the Alliance are just sitting back and laughing. It was bad enough that the arcane in the well drew the legion like moths to a flame. Now we have the light as well which seems to draw void like a moth to a flame. I should of just stayed felforged and called it a day. Hang out with my San’layn and felblood brothers and sisters.

Don’t you know that Gold eyes means that you are light forged. (just joking) You know kinda like Night Elves are now night forged cause of their night warrior eyes.

6 Likes

It basically turned the Blood Elf story of one of survival and skirting a dark path to push forward into just varying levels of politics.

6 Likes

If my elf titanforges do you think she’ll get higher stats than if she’s a warforged elf?

8 Likes

Yes, that’s what happened to me. O_O

I use to be called Snarl but then I became warforged and my name changed to Warsnarl. So if you become warforged you’ll now be know as Warfallynn. :laughing:

EDIT: It just hit me how unfun WoW is for me at this point in time.

Some of the reasons why (i.e. My rant)
  • My nephews wanted to run a dungeon tonight and I told them I was getting off but if I did decide to run with them I had no clue what class to take since I find most, if not all, classes to be boring. I haven’t run a dungeon since Blizz screwed up the XP and speed of dungeon runs back in a pre-BFA patch.
  • I log in on my oldest toon which I haven’t played for at least 3 - 4 years or longer just cause his rep is highest, only to get my rep for the Cloud Serpents, which I finished today, and the Shado-pan for the mounts. On rare occasions for a WQ or two but then I’m off for the rest of the day.
  • I don’t craft or gather at all. Crafted gear is mostly useless so no point and I don’t use the AH to sell.
  • My favorite class/spec of BFA was enhancement shaman which I have not touched since I found out the rotation is jacked in Shadowlands and they are no longer a fast, instant casting melee class but instead a slow, casting melee hybrid.
  • I haven’t done Torghast since I found out I’d have to spend 12k minimum just for a garbage piece of gear I turn into my legendary. To acquire the gear piece I wanted is somewhere around 24k. :frowning: I’m not spending money on a piece of armor just to have it be obsolete in the next expansion.
  • No news on new playable races, classes or fixes for broken classes/specs.
  • The GCD is still too long for my liking but that could also be because the classes are garbage imo and so I actually am not enjoying the rotation and the GCD comes more to the forefront. I think the GCD should be about 1 second max but more like 3/4 a second. ESO has a 1 second GCD and it is right at tolerable.
  • Classes still require their rented powers to feel complete. Not happy at all that classes still need a rented power to feel complete instead of being complete without them and just having them be an addition instead of a requirement.
  • Blizz nerfed another fun toy the Moonfeather Statue. Not sure when they did this but it no longer affects NPC’s. When bored I use to drop this in the AH and watch the tellers turn into Boomkins and dance but now it only affects me. Lame asf. Really, REALLY tired of “Fun detected” so we must remove it. The simple things that make WoW fun are slowly being removed and it is beyond annoying. Blizz does NOT want WoW to be fun at all.
6 Likes

Or you digivolved.

4 Likes

If San’layn were introduced horde side I’d actually play horde. Can’t stand the post sunwell version of belves seeing as the only thing they’ve given them really is holy light themes. I prefer the darker themed magic and really like the vampire aesthetic. I’d be down for a san’layn AR.

8 Likes

I want Alliance San’layn.

Red eyes make little sense for the race that’s now infused with the Light because of the Sunwell.

Same people crying about faction aesthetic needing to be preserved sure don’t seem to care if they step away from what the Blood Elves are now in favour of something that’s NPC presence was actually killed off in BFA.

It makes more sense for the ren’dorei to take in the san’layn to keep them away from their light worshipping brethren, especially after one of their groups backstabbed the Forsaken. No way the Horde would actually let them in after that. The void elves existing on the Alliance in general actually allows for atypical races to work their way in, especially elvish ones.
Aesthetically, the red eyes and changed ear shapes would expand the ren’dorei toolkit more as well past just “vampires”, and away from base high elves. Expand on the light and fel theme customizations for Blood Elves because that’s already their thematic. Blizzard’s just been sleeping on it, likely to avoid even more backlash after they made void elves exist in general.

I’m sure some of us would shut up about high elves if we actually got something - literally anything other than dark irons - requested by the playerbase, and they flipped the requests backwards and just doubled down on it all.

If you want a goth elf, the Alliance is waiting for you. If you want a regular high elf, the Horde is there.
This would be very fair, and actually keep the aesthetics intact.

And of course, blood elves should have regular red eyes - as should every elf race except maybe nightborne - but the additional deeper customizations should go towards the elvish race that’s already gothic themed.

That makes literally no sense.

The San’layn are the risen Blood Elves who left the Alliance after Garithos’s betrayal and there are already Blood Elves and Undead in the Horde.

Not to mention they already tried to join the Horde in BFA and the Alliance attacked them then.

There’s enough goth to go around for both factions.

12 Likes

Nah, I feel like this would be a step in the wrong direction. Preserving ‘faction identity’ is a bad enough idea in itself, and there’s no need to double down on it.

The Horde also holds the Undead Elf theme already with Dark Rangers being members of the Forsaken, and while they’re not exactly the same kind of Undead as San’layn, the latter are former Blood Elves and still have more cultural similarities and unlike the Void Elves, prove no danger to the Sunwell and would likely be welcome back to Quel’thalas.

Alternatively they’d likely be welcome among the Forsaken as well, especially with the Forsakens leadership being more focused on reconciliation with their place in the world as as an Undead rather than conquering like Sylvanas.

The Alliance offers none of this, so I’d much rather see the San’layn go to the Horde.

6 Likes

That’s nice. Not happening.

I already explained why. Scroll up in the thread.

Here’s one of the posts.

I’m not repeating myself other than:
Goth isn’t a theme but nice try. Void isn’t undead. Case closed.

“Intact aesthetics” mean nothing when void elves came out of the in the first place and here’s MY wild card: I don’t care what hair colors void elves get, as far as I’m concerned identity went out the window when they were added right along with their less than ideal (to me) lore. And the sunwell thing that didn’t by the way “Lightforge” anything. When it comes to vanilla elves, I mean.

Alliance shouldn’t get San’layn, it wouldn’t make sense lorewise nor theme wise. Because again. Alliance doesn’t suddenly have reserve on undead elves through void elves. They don’t and I’m tired of people pretending otherwise for their agenda relating to something else.

This ain’t it.

11 Likes

Sunwell is half arcane and half light.

Red eyes is a long requested option, usually for dark rangers, while San’layn is normally preferred as a full AR.

So you come in here to flip it on a completely unrelated request.

Take your spite elsewhere.

This is a ridiculous claim.

There is nothing to link San’layn to the Alliance.

I’m sorry why do you think this?

Alliance will kill any undead who tries to join them. Especially San’layn.

These are not their only themes.

Outright lie.

Stop.

You want this kind of drama high elf threads are waiting for you.

The hell is this Gothic theme people keep claiming?

Void elves are void themed…

The only Gothic elves at all are San’layn… Which have no connections to void elves or the Alliance.

Like Sethrak going Alliance, the San’layn going Alliance is a pipe dream.

9 Likes