Sandstone Drake - Dragonflight Makeover?

I have been thinking and the Sandstone Drake feels quite outdated for its time in Dragonflight alongside the newer drakes and dragons and what have you not.

I think it would be a fun edition to make customizable like the other dragon mounts and have their own customized charms to them and be able to be expanded on with updates.

EDIT: I see your concerns about this! I’d like to make it clear that I’d still love for there to also be the original skin (if maybe upgraded in quality), as well as the option to morph into different types of drake/dragon and any of the rideable drakes we have after dragonflight - and yes, either 2 or 3 seating! One could even be carried in the mouth or claws if needed.

I loved hearing all your input, feel free to add on what YOU would like to see!

4 Likes

Why specifically the Sandstone Drake? There are more outdated dragons.

Because it is able to be used as a 2 person mount, like ALL of the DR mounts, thats why!

1 Like

Well, the Sandstone Drake can already have a passenger allowed with it. Which would be cool since dragonriding mounts allow that too.

1 Like

The elemental drakes are still vague enough they could be involved elsewhere underground for the War Within. :memo::robot:

…although it seems currently focused on a customizable flying machine/zepplin for now with the feature in delves. :wrench::robot:

2 Likes

Is it becoming a dynamic flying mount with that ability carrying over?

No, isn’t that part of this thread? That it should be adjusted to be a like a dragonriding mount with customization options

I’d been hoping that they’d let a dragon mount come out like the sandstone drake but for the regular colored flights, so people could pretend to be ‘normal’ dragons x) I know its silly, but still would be pretty cool.

2 Likes

If a new one is created, I’m good with that as a secondary option. But I love the look of my current Sandstone Drake, so please don’t try to change it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why they wouldn’t be looking at this tbh. They brought back the netherwing drake as an option. It seems so obvious they would do it with the stone drake model too. And the proto drake model.

2 Likes

Well it should. But no, I didn’t get the implication that the request was due to the two person capability. OP had only mentioned customizations, and I thought many old mounts were becoming Dragonriding mounts. I was under the assumption that the carrying capability from Dragonriding was carrying over already.

1 Like

As far as drakes go, the stone drakes have held up surprisingly well since Cata. I think the Sandstone Drake is fine.

2 Likes

That can be a very strong monkey’s paw situation. :robot::sweat_drops:

At best, update textures with horns.

…at worst, salamander.

I’m not keen on the Ghostbusters dog rig they gave to that drake. lol

But at least others would have the option and I’d get to keep my current Sandstone!

3 Likes

I do not think so, because there will be no options with all the non DR mounts that they make DR mounts.

IF they forget to make the Sandstone Drake a 2 person DR mount, that is just lazy and inexcusable!

It’s slightly better once you unlock some head customizations, but yeah, the head on the Netherdrake is definitely too small, in my opinion. And too…scrunched up. I’ll definitely be using the ones from BC when I’m able dragonride with them.

Make it 3 person. All dynamic flying mounts should come with a whelp, imo. Then keep the novelty of the Sandstone by allowing an additional person on the back. But if they aren’t doing the whelp thing, then I agree they should still keep the passenger thing in mind.

I thought OP was just about customization and didn’t know the status of the mount.

3 Likes

I just can’t stand the legs.

This is all I see every time I look at that rig:

1 Like

That is…incredibly accurate. lol

1 Like

The salamander could have been the coolest mount in the game if it changed colors like a real fairies dragon could do. Like each skin you unlock causes it to start switching between them(obviously you can turn this off in customization). God I would have died

2 Likes