San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1) - #15224 by Direclaw-aerie-peak.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

San’layn = Neck Romancer :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, this is a weird change to see happen. I’m going to go ahead and post here and maybe edit it later to be more of a proper introduction to the megathread later when I can.

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

Very odd change to see the forums make yeah.

San’layn for the Horde!

2 Likes

How many days until DK elves can finally use the red eyes given to elf races that other classes can use?

1 Like

I think Midnight and/or the Last Titan would be the perfect time to add them since we are visiting Quel’Thalas and Northrend and San’layn have a lot of lore in those places.

We see in TWW they are adding Short Elf Ears to Human/Elf models so they could add newer San’layn NPCs with Batlike Ear and Claws with some new Eyes. So they could let the players Select that.

Another option is they make brand new models and implement them as a full fledged Allied Race.

4 Likes

So wish we had San’layn. Been wanting to play one for ages. You can never have enough elf races since, they’re the best, period. Unfortunately we’re getting earthen (gag) . . .another race barely anyone will play.

I really hope they become an option in Midnight.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t understand why they did this instead of adding all the other allied races people have been asking for and were pretty much competed as races. Like the Sethrak could be turned into a playable race easily. Or ogres, a race that has been asked for since the beginning of WoW as the Stonemaul Clan has been part of the horde forever.

5 Likes

honestly Ogres not being playable is extremely weird . . .they’re a foundational race.

4 Likes

Seeing as the San’layn megathread has a part 2 thread now and with it being a new month, I should post how to submit some in-game feedback to show support for playable Horde San’layn and other races we want to see playable! I’ll post the full thing here and then link to this post with each following month.

I made a step by step guide on how to submit in-game feedback to suggest races to become playable while also referring to their respective megathreads on here. It’s something I think is important to do as part of a way to show support for races to become playable and bring attention to our megathreads for them.

Once a month on only one character, I send an in-game suggestion for the races I want playable. I do one suggestion for each race and refer to their megathreads on the official US WoW forums for more information. It’s something I don’t regularly do, as I don’t want to spam the system, but it is something I try to at least do occasionally.

If you’re interested in submitting in-game feedback for any races you are interested in becoming playable, here is how to get to it in game:

Step 1: Press ESC to bring up the general menu.

Step 2: Click “Support.” It’s at the very top of the menu.

A new window in-game should load. It can take a few seconds for it to load completely. Underneath the “Search World of Warcraft Support” search bar, you should see a line of square images that refer to specific categories of support.

Step 3: Click the “Submit feedback or bug report” square. It should be somewhere on there, originally on top left, but sometimes it does move.

It’ll take a second to load that part.

Step 4: Click the lightbulb icon on the right that says “Submit a suggestion”

Step 5: Click in the text box on this window to begin typing a suggestion.

You’re now ready to submit an in-game suggestion!

It’s limited to 500 characters you can type, so you have to be a bit creative in the limited space. As I said before, I usually do one suggestion for each race I want playable, giving a very brief mention of the race, the faction I want it for, and why I feel they’d be great to add. I then make sure to type the name of the associated megathread, assuming they have a megathread, and mention they’re on the official US WoW forums, stating to go there for more info, such as ideas, fan support/designs, ongoing discussions, etc.

When you submit the feedback, it states you won’t get a response, but that it’ll be looked at in some way. Now, this wouldn’t be a sure-fire way to get a race playable, but it can’t hurt to do so in my opinion. After all, we have to show support somehow!

So for those interested in supporting a race you want playable, this is how to do it in-game. As I said, I usually do this once a month (on just one character) at most so as to not spam the system. However, multiple people doing it could help a lot to showing support for races we’d love to see playable.

Also make sure you’re submitting a suggestion and not a bug. I mean, yes, the character creation screen lacking playable San’layn is quite the game-breaking bug (with an easy fix!), but a suggestion will likely be received better as opposed to sending that as a bug report.

As I said, I do this for my most wanted races each month, and San’layn are one of them. I don’t know how much it helps to do it, but I don’t think it hurts to find reasonable avenues to bring attention to playable Horde San’layn support and this megathread in particular.

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

4 Likes