San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

This would be perfect for void elf holy priests as well, because they technically should not exist. I wish they’d do more things like this.

Thanks very much ^^ Trust me, I would too. Here’s to hoping our want eventually becomes reality.

This is a really interesting idea. I love it. I actually haven’t thought of that one before. They could effectively have the class gameplay mechanics remain the same, but rename them “shapeshifter”. I guess they could keep the druid class hall but make it not canon (obviously). I guess like how Zandalari wouldn’t be in the Legion class halls either, same for KT…

Ohhh that’d be a cool idea for like a DPS.

3 Likes

Then again imagine an abomination form? Hmmm would be cool to have a scourge drust bear form with the abomination model.

This guy? Or a variant?

2 Likes

It’s a pretty great testament to this thread’s awesomeness that it’s been up for this long and is still able to attract and surprise new people every now and then. Every time I see this happen, it feels like my dream of tearing apart vampires limb from limb on the battlefield becomes a little more real each time :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

No I meant like the Abomination model like Stitches from HoTS. Or patchwerk. Maybe some model tweaks. But you use on and a banshee in the Darkshore warfront. Imagine an undead druid/ sanlayn using banshee and abomination forms <3 or a drusted version. The banshee form was for healing though so would that be the tree of life form?

2 Likes

Could always make a Female San’layn Druid a Banshee for Moonkin form, and a Male San’layn into a male version of a Banshee, which are seen in Azuna, in Broken Isles.

4 Likes

Yea. That or those units could hint at a new bard healing spec xD. But yea it might work if they dedicated new spell effects like they had when they started doing it in vanilla/bc with like the paladins and shaman stuff.

2 Likes

Well, I learned something new today. Apparently, there’s multiple types of marsupials including dasyuromorphia (cat-like) marsupials also known as native cats. Quolls are so cute. Not as cute as true cats mind you, but close enough. <3

I love the banshee idea soooo much. You have no idea how long I’ve wanted something like that for Belves and Nelves.

This. Please this.

1 Like

Yeah, not to mention, I recall in Darkshore warfront, when you get an alter of the storms coin, you get turned into a banshee. What does the banshee do? Well… she heals. It’s quite crazy, I thought she’d be a damage dealer but nope, she gave buffs and (as I recall) had a healing move.

I think something like this could work out cool. I really would want a bat-like cat for feral though myself at least.

(Sidenote: Hekhekhek, people have yet to notice the spider picture not being there and be being too lazy to fix it…)

1 Like

Totally maybe like a gargoyle cat or something gothic. Or like the alien series sort of cat but undead with some bat flesh parts.

1 Like

Wraith Saber…

3 Likes

You know what’s funny? I’ve been suggesting a banshee spec (in Dark Ranger class)/ form for a while. Everyone’s like, and I’m paraphrasing, “that’s dumb dumb poo poop” or “Dark Rangers aren’t banshees.” Well, Dark Rangers are fairly open concept. The only characteristics established for the class in lore are: they must be undead (elves or humans), bows, mail, and shadow/death magic. Making them have banshee powers would make the DR unique.

A banshee form would make me super duper happy.

2 Likes

It would be kind of weird to have a Undead Dark Theme Elf Race to have Druids. I mean isn’t the whole idea of the San’layn suppose to be Vampires. I can’t imagine Vampire Elf Druids through.

People say they’re not Banshee? But that’s inherently wrong rofl!

2 Likes

i mean it’s weird to have lightforged shadow priests/velf holy priests too. lore-wise, a san’layn shapeshifter wouldn’t mirror the typical druid fantasy well at all, you’re right about that. but it’s a game so mechanically they’d play the same as the druid class.

2 Likes

Exactly! Life is to death magic as light is to void. Death allows shapeshifting of a different coin via Drust. I’m sure it can be arranged, as “shapeshifters” or “fleshbenders”. Or the blood magic itself, where we see many examples of craziness.

1 Like

As bizarre as it would be to see them in the dreamgrove, I suppose the fact that some of them have wings proves that their skeleton isn’t restricted to its original structure

To be honest, I don’t think any new druids would be in Dreamgrove though canonically.

2 Likes

fallynn do you always log out with those rinestone glasses on? or are you forsaking a azerite helm for fashion?

I usually log out with the glasses on, but sometimes I forget and my real helm is on. It’s a sight to see because I have it mogged as the helm of the rest of this set, and it looks very different from what this character normally displays as :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like