San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Where’s the petition for me to sign up?

4 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on down there and I don’t want to know what’s going on down there…

But there’s some weird stuff going on down there…

Ok not only is this an awesome song but there’s vampires doing thriller here. (Gods I love Muse). If you don’t want to sit through the AWESOME music video (which you should) the dance is at 2:40

Edit: Kinda sorta doing Thriller, but a modification of it.

3 Likes

Decent muse-ic.

2 Likes

That was NOT Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance! Look up the actual Thriller movie, which starts out as Michael being a Werewolf, when he’s with his girlfriend, on both the theatre screen, as well as him being a Human off the screen. The Thriller dance is totally different than this dance.

It’s a variant of this part right here (timestamped), not perfect by any means but it takes inspiration from it for sure and has a few key dance moves from it :stuck_out_tongue: The real thriller should be used, but Muse’s tribute is still fun.

Looks like Muse had much more exaggerated movements, whereas in Thriller it’s more coordinated of course.

In my opinion, a good segment to use for the dance would start right here: (once more, timestamped)

In addition, I feel like both forsaken and worgen should have gotten different segments of this dance. ARGH!
Edit: Also the message at the start, hahaha “I don’t endorse occults”

Sweatshop.

1 Like

I just want to reply to this thread in support of this idea; I was very excited when San’layn were revealed to be part of the BFA storyline and I want to show blizz that me, along with many others would love these vampiric, unique take on the elven archetypes as an allied race. There’s just something about vampires that I just love and it would complete the WoW experience for me if I could play as them.

8 Likes

i didn’t realize until a few days ago how much i want bat-themed san’layn druids in my life :bat:

11 Likes

Bat cat form! Yas.

3 Likes

San’layn druids don’t make much sense lore-wise, but the Scourge-lover in me really wants them to make use of those classic bestial undead models that wouldn’t work as player characters otherwise.

Like imagine a San’layn using a gargoyle as its flight form and a crypt fiend as its bear form. You could emulate much of the Scourge’s overall aesthetic all in one bite-sized (hah) package.

1 Like

yeah they wouldn’t make sense as traditional druids, but it really wouldn’t take much for blizzard to decide some of them can shapeshift, especially considering that’s pretty standard vampire lore outside of wow. if san’layn ever become a thing, i seriously hope druids can squeeze their way in there.

also, rule of cool has to count for something.

3 Likes

Drust magic is death magic folks. :wink: like how light is to void. San’layn couldn’t use life magic. But I’m sure with some spell effect tweaking it could actually work for them to use drust.

3 Likes

Absolutely does. It would be pretty awkward to see a resto Druid san’layn transforming into a tree or using life magic to heal his allies, but the potential for the other shapeshift forms is too cool to pass up. It’s sort of like how we ignore the fact that undead and void elf priests can use holy spec when they really shouldn’t be able to, because the shadow spec is damn cool enough to give the entire priest class option a pass.

1 Like

Actually forsaken can definitely use the light; it takes a lot of willpower but they’re fully able to. They just get burned by their own spells.

Void elves on the other hand definitely can’t use holy, so you’d be correct there.

3 Likes

Yup and if anything they can always go with an improved green fire quest for certain races/classes. For example. Holy becoming a Shadow healing spec (just with voidlight). Something along those lines. The class kits can stay with another set of spelleffects (with some filters easily). And provide another option for those that play those classes as well. Think green fire for other classes (fel paladin like in WoD Final Raid, Shadow/void paladins, Fire paladins for taurahe/ thunder paladins for zandalari.

1 Like

I am just… I can’t even… I’m literally speechless. This is freaking amazing. I would go San’layn in an instant if they became a thing. Blizzard, make this happen!

7 Likes

Blood Magic is like a mix of life and death magic. I’m sure something can be come up with.

Also they could always borrow the Dark Anima from the Blood Elves. Fleshbending Blood Magic.

2 Likes

July 11th 2018 that video was posted of the customization’s?! Why am I just now seeing this?! I WANTTTTTTTT.

5 Likes

Tazmanian devil form? I want a Taz <3

1 Like