San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Happy New Year everyone! :fireworks:

Been slowly making my way across megathreads I have either made or frequent, and finally I arrive here!

I wanted to reaffirm my continued support for playable Horde San’layn for this year and beyond. I’m in it for the long haul, and despite many bumps along the way, I’m still keeping up hope that we’ll see San’layn playable in some fashion.

Ideally as a full race would be the better option for various reasons, though there is a chance that they could land into the purgatory that is a Customization Race since Darkfallen as a whole are one. While I still advocate for them being a full race, I would be happy to see them officially part of the Horde. And I guess I wouldn’t have to reroll my two San’layn characters in that regard, but it wouldn’t be that great to see them shoved into multiple Elf races with little fanfare. Especially since new playable races like Earthen are a thing.

I can’t really say there would be much of San’layn interest in The War Within, but Midnight and The Last Titan seem to have fairly decent chances.

Midnight and the whole uniting Elf tribes and such could very much involve San’layn. And if we’re fighting against void stuff and going into Northrend, who better to ally with? I’m still wanting to keep an open mind, however, as for all we know, we could see some new neutral Elf race that comes out of nowhere become playable instead.

As for The Last Titan, a return to Northrend could very much bring San’layn into the picture, but it’s hard to know if they’d just be villain batted again or not. There are also several other denizens of Northrend that should have importance too, like the Taunka, Frostborn, Tuskarr, and so on. So who knows if we could see something like neutral Tuskarr there instead?

Regardless, I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled and helping to report on whatever gets officially announced for those expansions. If the expansion cycles are getting shorter, I’m curious if we’ll se anything on Midnight next Blizzcon, even with TWW launching later in the year. Maybe we will if Midnight launches late 2025.

And even then, we’ll have more expansions past those three, so there is always that possibility. Guess we’ll have to see where the game goes when we get there. But until then, I’ll still be here helping to support playable Horde San’layn as best as I can.

Here is to a new year of fangs and bats. Cheers! :wine_glass::man_vampire:

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! Always! :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

With the Blood Elves mastering the blood magic, they could welcome the San’layn among them. The San’layn could help them with this kind of magic and they could exchange knowledges between them about this.

Imgur

9 Likes

The San’layn have a multitude of reasons to join the Horde. This prevalence of Blood Magic use is one among many.

Always remember that the Alliance killed Drevan but they did not kill all of his San’layn. Many are still alive and Horde on the boat after the attack. The Horde likely already has several San’layn still among its number.

7 Likes

Hey, happy new year all.

Have some art I got of my Elezen OC from FFXIV, he’s a vampire. But also, would fit right into WoW as a San’layn.

This art is by https://twitter.com/Raksz56. It’s cropped because he’s holding a bleeding heart (literally) and I don’t want to be banned for something being too gory.

While abomination art from WoW does have intestines spilling out of the corpse, a piece of a vampire holding a bleeding heart may be a bit too much. :stuck_out_tongue:

See the paintbrush (Celebrating Pictomancer coming in that game, ofc, a concept I adore) behind his ear? It’s got ‘red paint’ on it. It’s just paint.

I promise.

:innocent:

8 Likes

WoW Chronicle Volume 4 is apparently in the works and is covering a few expansions:

This of course includes BfA, so there could be some San’layn mentions. Possibly a reminder of what could have been during then, unfortunately. However, I’ve been told that they weren’t covered at all in the volume of the Northrend section for some reason.

Even then, the series has been known to initially be a definitive source of lore, only to be retconned several times. So who knows how useful this book will be even if there is stuff of interest in it. It sucks to say that, but given the track record, I honestly feel a bit dubious about it if stuff may just get changed on a whim in the future.

It’s something I’ll add to my wishlist for now. Whenever I do get it, I’ll be sure to report back on any San’layn findings, seeing as that was sorta a big story point even if it was swept under the rug so the Alliance could have a “HECK YEAH FEEL GOOD!” moment…sigh…BfA sure is the poster child of missed opportunities…

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! Always! :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

This already exists. Play Shadowlands and you can mog your elf using Venthyr gear and the Undead look, aka the “Dark Ranger” look. My priest uses it frequently.

1 Like

Not the same as having the San’layn/vampyr/darkfallen racial tag and voice lines.

8 Likes

Not really…

We got dark ranger stuff but no San’layn stuff.

We’re interested in the San’layn stuff.

5 Likes

Not to mention, there’s more to San’layn than the dark ranger (which are still tied to the face, eyes-wise…) have to offer. Since we know the blood curse morphs, as we’ve seen many times, there’s a myriad of options to make them very unique. Kinda like how void elves could go a more unique route with void options.

Undead have the same opportunity. San’layn being among them, with the unique blood curse. We already see Lana’thel with wings, for example, and the Blood Princes certainly do not look normal.

Look at what Blizzard did with the stone dwarves coming out. We’d never seen minerals on them before, but now we do, in the updated narrative.

We’ve never seen two-legged Nerubians before, but in the next expansion, we’re getting just that. We know for a fact things grow, change, and are added to. The reason for still talking about it is the small chance that hey, maybe some of our ideas will be liked and implemented.

There’s so much potential and again ways to make San’layn really neat that I’d like for them to explore. Hopefully we’ll get pieces of lore from the hero talent, then expansion of options be it cosmetic or Allied Race in Midnight/beyond.

10 Likes

There is a big difference between the Dark Rangers and San’layn when it comes to the Darkfallen. Saying that they’re the same is like saying we don’t need playable vampires in general because we have Forsaken. It’s pretty much and apples and oranges thing.

San’layn have completely different culture and features compared to the Darkfallen in general, which they would have vampiric themed racials if they get to become a full race. They have their own hierarchy, personality, and suffer a different undead curse than the other Darkfallen. While every San’layn is a Darkfallen, not every Darkfallen is a San’layn.

Not to mention that San’layn haven’t officially joined the Horde at all and certainly don’t have any presence within it with NPC’s and such. And of course the many issues with the Customization Race implementation makes it feel like hollow cosplaying at best. It’s all a disappointing feel to be perfectly honest.

Thus why we’re still supporting San’layn as a full playable Horde race despite Darkfallen as a Customization Race. If San’layn become a Customization Race as well, which would be very bittersweet (more emphasis on the bitter part), at least then, they would have a presence on the Horde and potentially have storylines and such.

But given we have multiple flavors of various races already and with Earthen as the next playable race, I see no good reason why San’layn can’t be a full race. Thus why we’re still going to keep at it. :man_vampire:

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

8 Likes

These bats are spreading the word throughout the land that it is a new month and that we should show some in-game support for playable Horde San’layn! Sounds like a great idea, and you can help these bats too!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

If we’re ever lucky enough to get playable Horde San’layn with a bat form racial, I’d love to have bat flights across Azeroth with several other players! :man_vampire:

5 Likes

San’layn will be a Death Knight spec in WW. So instead of a race, its going to be a specific DK thing.

1 Like

Should still be a race and I’ll continue to ask for it.

The spec I don’t really link to the race myself. Its more a “like” thing for me. Which I’m ok with. Its a curse after all and I could see Death Knights pulling from it to acquire more power.

6 Likes

Being a Death Knight spec doesn’t mean we can’t get, at least, San’layn customizations for Blood Elves or, at best, a playable race. :dracthyr_nod:

3 Likes

San’layn is going to be a DK Hero Talent spec

So is Dark Ranger yet we got that as a customization option.

We have yet to get the San’layn as a playable race as has been requested so here we remain.

3 Likes

Happy Valentine’s Day! Or if you’re single like me, happy Singles Awareness Day!

I got a neat video that shows how to make your own origami heart bats to celebrate the occasion:

Whatever plans y’all have, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday! :heart: :man_vampire:

3 Likes

In trying to show how San’layn could look, I came across a neat art piece on DeviantArt of a Vampire in what looks like platemail. It was created by gongcheng and was uploaded to the website on Sept. 21st, 2014.

“Vampire” by gongcheng on DeviantArt

I thought I’d look for vampires of different fantasy classes to help inspire some playable Horde San’layn ideas in how they could look as different classes. In this case, this is something that looks warrior-like with some vampiric features, which can help to show what customization features San’layn could have if they were their own race as opposed to a Customization Race.

I’ll be continuing to look for vampire related artwork to share for more playable Horde San’layn idea inspiration! :man_vampire:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Game needs more undead stuff, an allied race would be appropriate.

3 Likes