San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

For those curious:

3 Likes

Need Vampire class or Allied Race NOW!

4 Likes

i was thinking about this…
what would that look like?
Maybe a shadowhunter/vanhellsing dps class?
or maybe a melee ranged combo that has a stealth option?

I love to see Tank, DPS, Healer, but I can’t really see tank working. Love to be proven wrong one day.

Healer could work though due to blood magic. Unholy healing would be an interesting take on the role.

I just figured they were since the quest was titled…or it called them Vampirates.

1 Like

Vampire class would be cool, but personally I’d prefer San’layn as an Allied race and maybe human or Vry’kul vampyr as one too. I dunno, being able to have vampire racial and be other classes would be cool.

Though… a vampyr hero class would be very neat indeed, that’s something I’ll wholeheartedly admit.

4 Likes

What would muting threads accomplish?

Trying to squish more races into an already crowded race lineup just cheapens the factions and races already in the game.

If you want to be a vampire, can I be a Vulcan science officer?

Cool, you expressed the fact that you don’t want San’layn, we get that. I respectfully disagree 100%. No idea what you’re trying to accomplish by repeating the fact that you don’t want them and staying in the thread, but I suggest supporting a race you do want added. Or, if you don’t want one added, leave a remark and then drop it, because… again, I don’t see the point of staying and talking about things you don’t want.

Quite frankly I don’t care what you want to be.

10 Likes

How has a CM not commented on this yet? Just amazed how little interaction they have with the actual community because this is amazing.

7 Likes

probably risk of leaking any amount if information related to developer projects related to allied races. Same reason there’s no comments for all the other threads related to them.

If they recognize a single thread with their written comment people go nuts, so just better off not posting in any of them.

4 Likes

I appreciate your kind words, thank you! Yeah as Suniza said, an extremely valid point, they likely don’t want to get people filed up.

I just wish they’d tell us if they plan on never adding these folks in myself but I don’t think they’d do that either and stop discussion. Who knows. Also that would be assuming there is no plan for it.

3 Likes

What if Silvermoon was remade-

-with a San’layn district…?!

7 Likes

We can claim murder row. for reasons!

4 Likes

Absolutely! Let me show you how!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online

4 Likes

I can already imagine a cutesy bubbly blood elf girl prancing into a room full of vampires in the middle of some ritual

6 Likes

That’s pretty much Silvermoon already.

The basements all have secrets…

7 Likes

Yeah whatever you do, stay out of the tailorshop basement

2 Likes

I think it would be cooler if san’layn moved into those old scourge areas in ghostlands, and took command of the undead there. Could turn an old lingering threat into a line of defense against the alliance. Would also be a nice setup for that supposed quel’thalas wafront.

7 Likes

I suspect that’s not actually going to be coming. They’ve already said the data mined Barrens warfront was just some early testing that didn’t make it out of Alpha. I suspect the Silvermoon Warfront will be the same.

What would happen when the Alliance controls the zone? The blood elves just don’t have an accessible racial capital anymore?

1 Like