San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Wouldn’t that be really neat and fitting to see San’layn as an early access preorder bonus for Dragonflight? It’d be good timing with the Desolate Council reforming, fits the theme between Shadowlands and Dragonflight, and is something I think would be pretty popular.

Still makes me wonder if new races would be part of the Dragonflight preorder bonuses, if we’d still only see one or a pair or two. If it is only one race like the rumor mentioned, I’d be curious how San’layn would be handled on the Alliance side. At the very least, I’d get Horde San’layn out of it, so I’d be fine with Alliance getting it also. Better to make everyone happy than noone happy, IMO. Especially since Dark Rangers on the Alliance kinda opens the door some, whether people agree with it or not.

Again, this assumes we would get any new playable races out of Dragonflight preorders, whenever they’re available. :wine_glass::bat:

1 Like

Ya that’s where I was going! The recent Lordaeron questline has Calia looking more deeply into the nature of undeath. Perhaps she continues pursuing this in the future to help the other (non-light based) undead.

2 Likes

That would be cool, yes. I would also be okay with training to ‘reduce the rot’ (so like Nathanos undead, or Dark Rangers, who we don’t see rot). Seeing Calia explored in that way would be acceptable to me, yeah. So she could understand them more as well, and not see them as just mindless monsters.

(still out of likes)

2 Likes

Yea I’d really like to see Nathanos style undead become an option. Maybe we’ll see some evolution of the character creator to allow for alternative body types for each race. So it could be a customization rather than having to be a completely separate race.

4 Likes

(Falls alt)
That would be awesome, I agree. Plus it’d work to give humans vampires, too, which are in lore (and something I really would love to see expanded.)

3 Likes

Idk, I’m just not too fond of the idea, and I prefer the Kul Tiran take on Death Druids much more.

That quest I mentioned several posts ago with what Calia said is up on Wowhead. This is the completion text:

"I am greatly honored that they have accepted me as part of the new leadership of the Forsaken.

I swear that I will do my best to protect and preserve the people, no matter where they come from, or what form of undeath has created them."

Seeing as Darkfallen are part of that in general, I don’t see why San’layn would get excluded if events lined up and they were to join the Horde. Definitely something interesting to think on. :wine_glass::bat:

2 Likes

I think the ardenweald folks cover that, like the faun, and drust maybe.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/499/930/large/alykam-burdzaki-undex-druid.jpg?1499088715

Like Nature based druids, which alot of druidism in other games/cultures have of evil druids. But yea, it sorta makes sense for drust to be considered more like a mix of shadow and life.

The new wildseed is blessed with with Elune and Ardenweald which is nice. For night elves since they lead in druidism, and teach the other races. Perhaps with this they will accept death magics more and probably druidism in general learn more of death as part of life and incorporate more death magics in there kit. They obviously accepted there undead breathren back into the alliance.

Perhaps they may learn new magics with the blessing of death, on horde bwonsamdi is a death loa associated with helping life too, so I find that interesting, lore opening the way for undead druids for example.

That explanation at least makes more types of undead that can tolerate holy magic as a lore justification to add them, while giving players options to play the zealot that nobly takes the holy damage. But opening the forsaken to all sorts of necromancy from different types of magics can do that, and open rp for different types of backstories.

Personally would love to see drust magic in the forsaken, probably as risen thornspeakers in the 4th war. And some variations of drust forms.

I was wanting this as a moonkin form!

5 Likes

…um.

Kul Tiran druids = life unded confirmed.

I would say the drust magic they use is already a form/mix of the two death and nature magics. But the drust beings maybe are a mix of the two as beings. The kultiran thornspeakers are still alive.

2 Likes

Whelp I embraced the Darkfallen, if I could post the screenshot I would.

Firstly, I wish I had more likes. It’s hard to read through 200+ post and try to add to the conversation without having to quote a bunch of times and say “Yes” “This” “I agree” “Exactly” so I’m just going to say there are a lot of great ideas and am glad most people agree on how to push for San’layn going forward.

For Customizations, they need Ears/Fangs minimum and maybe some Dark Eyes. Other features like Wings/Claws can be done through “heritage” armor done through whatever unlocks them, and hair is just something Blood Elves need in general.

For an Allied Race, most of it is already pretty clearly laid out.

They can start out somewhere in Northrend and or the Plaguelands. Maybe Ghostlands.

For Racials, general vampire stuff like Bites/Flying/Bats/Hypnosis.

Lots of mount concepts like giant bats to barghast.

General gothic architecture.

So it’s not like Blizzard is going to have to do a lot of brainstorming to make it work. (We already did that)

One of my first conscious thoughts when waking up where “Did they really freaken give Dark Rangers to Void Elves…?”

But yeah, it does show they are far more willing to just add things then ever before, no matter if it makes perfect sense.

But personally I would rather San’layn just be Horde as they are the literal Blood Elves Garithos drove out of the Alliance and into Outland.

Yeah, I noticed that recently as well.

They made it clear that all Undead Elves are Darkfallen but where specific to say these options where “Dark Ranger” so it seems there is direct room to expand.

1 Like

I came back and 100 posts have happened again! I can’t read all of these haha. Hi all. How is everyone enjoying undeath?

1 Like

can see it if your pfp is clicked on.

I swear I have armor on.

Suuuuuuree

(complete sentance)

2 Likes

*Sweats in Darkfallen.

Tbh though, now I wished the Night Elves had a blood red hair color.

1 Like

I’ve come here to give you my support. Let’s all keep pushing for what we want.

10 Likes

Yeah I was saddened on my nigh telf when there was no good reds.

1 Like