San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Not even close. They made new ones in BfA, Blood Princes keep popping up, and it’s implied killing them once isn’t the end of the line. We have no idea where Dreven came from, and we saw Neophytes, as I said, in BfA.

If Void Elves came literally out of nowhere in lore, vampyr exist and can make more, especially since they keep popping up.

The ‘extinct’ thing is a garbage headcanon by elitist roleplayers who want to scream at others who enjoy roleplaying San’layn while also clearly not knowing a lick of lore.

Edit: Also 2 missing Blood Princes. Still.

4 Likes

Interesting. So there are a few out there still.

2 Likes

Possibly many.

Like Fallyn said. They’ve clearly made some more.

2 Likes

It’s interesting that they used Vorath (previously in the card game - not canon) for the new paladin Blood Elf questline as opposed to one of the missing Blood Princes. Surely they know those blood princes were only ever seen in a vision and never slain.

I wonder if they were the origin of Dreven.

Not to mention, characters a couple times mentioned that Northrend might be a huge point of contention with the rampaging scourge. I wonder if we’ll need to deal with that in prepatch. Hopefully a more exciting one than Shadowlands.

Edit: The missing Blood Princes for context are Atherann and Theraldis!

5 Likes

They are setting up the Scourge to be led by warlords and clearly they want there to be San’layn at the forefront.

What interested me is their noting that he was working alone.

They’re leaving a big door wide open.

2 Likes

Either way I doubt they would be playable. They are on their own side. and really have no allies.

edit: Well within the alliance or horde at least.

I will disagree with you and leave it at that, pretty much.

We have:
-Playable zombies
-Playable werewolves
-Playable demons
-Playable knights of death who’s sole purpose was to be a weapon at one point
-Playable eldritch elves

I think it’s safe to say playable vampires are reasonable, especially since we ‘allied’ with what Blizzard wants to call another kind of vampire in Shadowlands.

6 Likes

And of course there’s Lady Alistra chilling in Acherus. While never explicitly stated whether she’s San’layn/Darkfallen, it seems likely enough since there are a number of San’layn DK bad guys too.

2 Likes

This could set up a San’layn uprising type situation. Maybe there is a fracture or splitting of San’layn minds that half want to take the Scourge and take over the world (Pinky and the Brain Quote) and those that want to be more dignified and think about the survival of their race and possibly miss their families that they haven’t seen since coming out of the Lich King’s control. Kind of like being mind controlled for a very long time and not know WTF happen all that time.

3 Likes

Didn’t even think of that, that’s a good point. I didn’t even think that it would be a thought either, to be honest! That’s a good catch. Maybe that’s why her eyes are red.

Yeah, I like this thought process a ton. A branching off, with several different ideas/opinions, sound great. Then, the ones who miss their families or want to be dignified and save their race rather than be mindless bad guys, they could attempt to once again join the Horde.

Sorry, by the way, I’m out of likes. :confused:

3 Likes

WHAT?!?! ORC SMASH!

JK. I don’t write stuff for likes so it’s cool. It ain’t gonna hold me down. Oh no. I got to keep on voicing my opinions. Lol, that was stupid.

2 Likes

A few things to point out that I’ve done before:

-Dark Iron Dwarves use to be all angry enemy mooks who were obsessed with doing nefarious deeds and blowing themselves up. They’re now more fleshed out and a playable race.

-Zandalari were once bad guys allied with the Mogu, one of the most evil races in the game. They got more fleshed out, became awesome with neat personalities, and became playable.

-Many of the Mag’har Orcs were either part of the Iron Horde or descendants of them. They’re part of our Horde now and playable.

-Gilgoblins were once just enemy mooks with low intelligence and obsessed with treasure. They were fleshed out to be something much more with the Kelfin and are a primate candidate as a playable race.

-Worgen were just angry werewolf mooks. They were implemented onto Gilneans and were something that wasn’t angry destruction all the time and are playable.

-Then of course you have undead of all sorts who use to be part of the Scourge that broke free and have been able to keep control of themselves. This includes Death Knights, but also includes things like geists, banshees, liches, and several other types of undead.

The point is that if Blizzard wants something playable, even if it doesn’t make sense with how a race currently is, things can always change with how a NPC race is and they’ll do whatever is needed to make them fit as a playable race, and San’layn shouldn’t be an exception. They’ve even made some enemy NPC races a lot more friendly in general, like the Rajani Mogu, so nothing is impossible to me in that regard.

I see no reason why San’layn would be an exception, given a lot can be done for them to make it make sense and work very well as a playable race. They have a lot of potential as a playable race, and it’s something I hope we see become a reality someday. :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

Is also out of likes and is therefore cleaved by mighty Orc Smash.

2 Likes

I almost forgot about her, but back in the day she had rather washed out eyes because the floaty red “high beam” sprite was cancelled out by the white eyeball.

But I guess in BfA they updated her to have proper blood red eyes:

Thinking back to my baby DK days, I remember wondering why she wasn’t the blood trainer lol

2 Likes

No, there is already enough elf races. Move on.

It wasn’t stupid, it was amusing :stuck_out_tongue: Now my arm is broken though.

These are some REALLY good points, I love it! Yeah, exactly, all of this.

San’layn necromancer!

No.

8 Likes

Getting one tool for a look should not be a moratorium on asking for more tools to expand a look and customize our characters.

Especially with a punchy look like blood elf Darkfallen that have a lot to 'em.

Delighted we have the choice; I still want more.

4 Likes

If they didn’t restrict Void Elves from getting it, they 100% didn’t put the effort into making sure Druids and Paladins didn’t get it.

Also, it may be blasphemy, but I can’t help but notice that the new Blood Knight heritage armor goes GREAT with red eyes …

Had to be intentional, right?

RIGHT?

2 Likes

It does, yeah. Undead paladins are canon in lore given it’s in lore that it’s all willpower-based, but it’s very painful to do. So Darkfallen paladins will be in pain as they cast, but can be considered ‘noble’ because they suffer it anyway.

3 Likes

Yes. You already have 4 different elf races in the game that you can play. Stop being greedy.

1 Like