San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

This may be the first thing we agree on

1 Like

Maybe the customizations for the Night Elf DRs haven’t been ‘released’ yet because they’re tied to the Winter Queen/Tyrande questline, and I don’t think that questline has been released or whatever yet? Idk, I’m hopeful tho!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d keep egging for more San’layn specific customizations…

And I’ll have to get my hands on the actual options before I make a decision on how I feel about them… but this is likely to be a USEFUL set of tools to open up character looks and story.

7 Likes

Now I think I wanna give my Velf Warlock red eyes and go full Venthyr transmog on her :eyes:

2 Likes

The only ones “Asking” for it where those trolling Horde and those who wanted to make sure Blood Elves did not get it.

I really hope this is a mistake.

Yeah, each want their own things. They want to look further apart not the same.

That would have made the most sense since there are undead Night Elves and almost no undead Void Elves.

Yep.

We got the meat, now we need the potatoes.

Some more gothic jewelry and makeup would be gravy.

I say, keep both and lean more towards customizations.

But it might be smart to shrink the title.

Sounds like a good option.

7 Likes

Right, it’s an amazing step for San’layn as well, I feel. People might yell at us for asking ‘for more’ but eh. We can come to expect that.

Hey, at least we won’t be asking for an Allied Race. So they can relax knowing we (well… I gave) accept that it is very unlikely to be an Allied Race, but would be cool to get customization for.

10 Likes

I…

Don’t actually know that I’ll actually get any milage out of the new stuff on my existing characters, and slots are tight on my roster.

But I am looking forward to seeing what people come up with, for sure.

Calia and Lilian Voss text was datamined. Not much of interest, but thought I’d share it just in case:

Click here to see the text

“Within this hall we shared ceremonies. Celebrations.
And tragedy.
I loved my family.
And on one fateful day, I lost them all.
Now, I am all that remains of the once-proud Menethil line.
The last heir to a legacy that ended in shame.
So you ran away from the pain.
I did too.
But it was only when I stopped running that I understood…
But will they ever truly accept me?
Bearing a name forever stained by a brother’s sins…
Just as these flagstones are stained by my father’s blood.
We are all the same here, Calia.
Seeking our place, despite everything we’ve lost.
But it’s a long road, and we will need your help.
Then… let us find our place together.
As Forsaken.”

Keeping an eye out for more things of interest to report. :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

Sure, I think I will keep the Allied Race ideas but under another arrow, and then kinda like… spotlight customization ideas.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t, but I do think it is a completely odd one. I was sort of more hoping that it would’ve been kept between the Blood Elves and the Night Elves, since both of them make more sense for Dark Rangers.

3 Likes

I mean, I’m always going to be egging for more customizations. Even if I don’t use it, it’s always nifty to see peoples’ characters and stories, and every new option opens those up.

except the short tail for male draenei which is terrible and useless

2 Likes

that would be a hard compromise and most likely to achieve at this stage in the battle. they would hopefully see this as voidelf high elf situation.

i just feel blue orbed if its not an allied race.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would have very much preferred an Allied Race. But I think we all know the MAJOR pushback we’d get now if we asked for one in addition to Blood Elves being Dark Rangers, unfortunately.

6 Likes

Well now that Dark Rangers as a customization race are now a thing, the question remains on that rumor involving early access to at least one new playable race with Dragonflight preorders that isn’t Dracthyr.

Seems like we’ll have to wait until preorders open to see if that rumor becomes true, but with Dark Rangers a customization race now, I’m wondering how that affects Darkfallen chances now or if it could be something else, IF we’re getting a new playable race or racess of course.

Something to think about. :wine_glass::bat:

12 Likes

Big shame all of this is leaking just an hour before the patch goes live. Would’ve been way better to discover it in game.

Anyway. Dark Ranger customizations are cool. It’s not what I wanted, but it is second best.

Now I’m really curious what the hell the armor set is.

dude im already salty atm with recent argumentative anti elf people. why must there be a feast or famine mind set? we can all have our designated favorite cake.

4 Likes

That’s the way of the world these days.

It looks like it’s a Dark Ranger armor set available to all hunter races.

I wonder if it will be hunter only.

I assume universal, like the black eyes, but I’m going to have to see.

One last HMMMM for old times.

Dark ranger is coming with this patch !!! We did it dark ranger customizations !!!

Eh, it just means we can push for expansion of the customization at least! It’s better than nothing. And very exciting for Dark Ranger fans.

Side note… …

I have no idea if I can actually double arrow stuff in the main thread.

Test
Test

This is a test.

9 Likes