San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

A video guide on the Bloof Elf heritage armor quests went up to show where to go to start it and a general guide/overview of the questline for it for those interested:

I also edited my big post several posts above with updated criteria, as well as fixing a typo. That’s what I get for doing that post soon as I wake up while suffering from allergies.

I’m in the process of leveling my Blood Elf Paladin so I can get all rewards in one go. I assume there wouldn’t be any special dialogue for my Blood Elf Mage with regards to the San’layn, who are mentioned to be the Blood Mage part of the Darkfallen faction’s new reclassification.

Still waiting for servers to go up in general to be able to report on anything else of interest. :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

Hey folks, this just popped on Wowhead:

I reported it in the Dark Ranger megathread. Looking to read into it and report more on it there. Will comment on it here as well in a bit.

Also maintenance has been extended to become extended extended maintenance, ETA now at 6 PM Pacific.

Will be reporting back as soon as I can. :wine_glass::bat:

11 Likes

Apparently they pushed an unencrypted build to ptr early lol

12 Likes

!!!

!!!

!

Body clear enough.

1 Like

(Spoilers???) Just checked the PTR because it said it was updating, logged on to my belf hunter (this one!) and looked at the tmog sets, and at the top was “Dark Rangers Attire” and it’s the Dark Ranger NPC set, except now it’s a set for players. Idk if this is new but last time I checked the PTR, about a week ago, I don’t think I saw this. :open_mouth:
Was about to post this then I checked WoWhead, and yeah… we’re getting Dark Rangers 100% :DD
Edit: and yeah, everyone else posted like a second before i posted this, LOL

6 Likes

Interesting, Simaia said it’s for Belves AND Velves?

Not Nelves?

3 Likes

At least the Dark Ranger bit is confirmed.

No clue if they are going to include any san’layn bits yet.

That makes no sense…

4 Likes

…wut

What an odd choice.

Not necessarily a bad one, exactly, but WHAT AN ODD CHOICE.

3 Likes

Right lol I was expecting Nelf and Belf but Velf and Belf is an interesting route…not necessarily mad though idk

3 Likes

That’s disappointing.

4 Likes

Yeah a bit, and now Velf players are gonna get crap for this even though hardly any of us asked for this lol…

Whatever though, more customization is always a + in my book regardless of the race. Hopefully Nelves get something to go with the Winter Queen Seed/Tyrande things that were datamined.

5 Likes

i hope its more then just a eye swap…

I would call it a bad one.

Indeed.

I hope it’s just a datamining quirk and not a real thing for Void Elves.

2 Likes

This is some excellent news, I’m very glad about this! So here’s the deal, and what I’m thinking: It’s great news for San’layn as well, because it’s confirmed we’re getting undead elf customizations on our elves. Which is great.

Now we can ask for some extensions beyond that, AKA San’layn stuff. The bat-like ears, fangs, and the like (might not be too hard, not sure). It’s a huge step for us. We know Dark Rangers are different from San’layn, but still, it’s an AWESOME thing.

Seeing that velfs now are getting it too, I wonder the lore behind the Velf dark rangers as they aren’t confirmed in lore yet.

But yeah, really happy for our Dark Ranger friends. And I’ll probably make one too. It’s exciting for sure. It is a sign that San’layn, if added in addition, would not be an allied race. Which is alright!

I do have hopes that the Venthyr stuff is kinda… kept? Pushed? Somehow for aesthetic spell purposes. The teleport they get is really cool, for example, and would be perfect for San’layn characters.

15 Likes

I refuse to be ruffled about more options, but that’s definitely not something I would have predicted.

and for Pete’s sake can we stop sharing customizations between blood elves and void elves

But that aside… !!!

6 Likes

I honestly just thought Nelf would’ve been the better choice and would be more flavorful for the Alliance.

6 Likes

I will admit, I wanted to try out a night elf vampyr. Naturally, vampyr aren’t being pushed (no lore for it, at least not as of now) but I suppose it’ll be an option for the future.

My question for people who frequent this thread:
Should I change the theme to asking for customization ideas relating to San’layn specifically now that I’m thinking it won’t be an allied race, but far more likely to be customization in general?

I think I’d keep an ‘archive’ under an arrow of allied race ideas. For historical purpose.

But I think, as of now, we’re more likely to get additional ‘San’layn’ customization along with Dark Ranger in the future.

10 Likes

Seems like a reasonable enough change to me.

7 Likes

They just introduced a load of undead night elves to the game.
There has to be options for them… right?

6 Likes

That’s what I’m saying, going the Belf and Velf route just seems lazy.

1 Like