San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

And all these cults have managed to be way cooler than the void elves. Void Elves feel like a high school book club in comparison to other void groups.

That doesn’t bode well. Most people including me hate the idea of lightforged undead. I might not even bother coming back if they’re added and we get no actual allied race for undead people have actually been wanting.

10 Likes

Plus that would be a really weird interaction…lightforged anything and Mag’har on the same faction. Am I the only one that thinks that is a bad idea lol?

6 Likes

Lightforged Undead aren’t going to happen, I think Calia’s going to lose her shine. In the datamine for 9.2.5 they found a texture for Calia that looked very traditionally Forsaken.

14 Likes

Didn’t even think of that, that’s a really, really excellent point. It would feel incredibly weird…

Really? Hmm, I’m incredibly interested in learning more about that. I had no idea about that datamine. I sincerely hope you’re right.

In that case, by ‘golden eye forsaken textures’, is it meant something like amber glowing eyes? Is it a texture existing on non-Lightforged undead?

8 Likes

The whole concept bugs me tbh and honestly contradicts itself, it’s like Void Elf Paladins, just doesn’t work.

Complete with like mascara tear streaks.

I’ll see if I can find the image again. It was on the wowhead forum or MMOchamp or something.

9 Likes

Mascara tear streaks? That is incredibly intriguing… (I’d love that as customization speaking of which.)

10 Likes

tbh I don’t know what the actual term for that is I paint a nail black from time for time but I don’t know about makeup.

6 Likes

If I was president, it would be a mandate everyone would need to paint their nails and wear black eyeliner.

No exceptions.

(In case anyone tries using my words against me for some crazy reason, yes, this is a joke.)

10 Likes

light does work with undead they aren’t opposites. it’s just a lame combo that most people don’t want.

Cosmic map goes like this with opposites

Arcane-Fel (This is why DH’s struggle really hard or literally cannot use arcane despite many of them being mages before being DH)

Death-Life (The WQ is a weird one but it’s shown throughout every cosmic pantheon that they are exceptions to the rules apparently.)

Light-Void

chances are if it’s not an opposite it can work somewhat.

2 Likes

Caught!

9 Likes

I can’t believe you’re using my words against me! WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!!?

9 Likes

Well Blizzard can make anything work, they just gotta be able to justify it to an extent.

You are right about it being a lame combo, it would reek of laziness too, rather have something a little more unique

One of the coolest and most criminally underused groups in the whole of the story. Bringing them back (there’s already plenty of room to allow for it, it wouldn’t be some massive world shattering retcon) would let Blizzard do so many cool things Horde side.

7 Likes

tbh I’d really like to see Twilight’s Hammer orcs. We know that the pale orcs joined the MU Horde as the Twilight’s Hammer. So Twilight’s Hammer orcs are a thing.

5 Likes

I seen that calia undead skin aswell. Very black and gray with lots of glows of red?

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be this if the encrypted armor is for 9.2.5, if it’s a preorder/collector’s edition incentive it would make zero sense to push it into the near-live state and encrypt it when we’re nowhere close to Launch, let alone Prepatch. It’d be a lot of extra work for no reason.

I’m very curious with the new systems how they’re gonna roll it all out, for the talents and UI overhaul for example, is that going live for Prepatch all at once or are we gonna get one earlier and then one for prepatch?

Now now Nico, that’s not very encouraging and accommodating for their victim mindset now is it?

More elegance! More tentacles!

I actually have the image saved but i cant post images sadly

4 Likes