San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Can’t argue against you with either point. Calia exists as a Lightforged undead (for now, though people are discussing that might be reverse). Many people are very much opposed to the idea.

There’s wants of Nathanos undead models, San’layn, Nerubians, and probably a myriad of other really cool undead ideas that could be utilized rather than… that.

Right, and lich. Which we do see working with the Ebon Blade.

All of that said, not guaranteed we’d even see an undead AR but who knows. Or an allied race at all. I know I predicted Gnolls given their new models look pretty neat, and they would be relevant.

5 Likes

Honestly that rule is so patronising. What are we, children? We have to prove we can handle the awesome responsibility of posting pictures?

7 Likes

I don’t know much about that sort of thing >< But it sounds like you’re making sense there, yeah. Maybe they would to save time because it’s done, or if it’s preorder it’d come out early. But it was mentioned that there’s now 2 different encrypted builds, so… at this point, who knows.

I feel like everyone’s seen this Calia datamine…except for me

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen on these forums? Absolutely yes, don’t need gore and feces and sex scenes popping up all the time, the mods would delete the forums than have to constantly hound that stuff, especially with how easy it is to post on here.

Be kind of weird to reverse it, unique models for racial leaders are great tbh, makes them feel more important.

Nathanos models would be nice but I doubt that would happen, thought that being said, the slicked backed hair and that beard would be great customization options.

What are these new gnoll models that you speak of?

Yea it’s outdated from a time when people could post without subs. There is no reason for image restriction on a forum where people have to be paying a sub to post.

Just apply incredibly strict punishment for that then. Give a perma ban to people on the forums and in-game for this.

I dunno, in this case I support it just because if she’s going to be the leader of the forsaken (not confirmed, this is speculation), being truly undead would be a bit better. But she might get a unique non-lightforged model so there’s that. I have yet to see it.

They would be cool but yeah given the lore behind it, unless they went with vampyr humans (Stormheim), the ritual would, in my personal opinion, not work on a mass scale.

Though I still think Forsaken can restore themselves via cannibalism and maintain it (like DK) if they do it often enough. I dunno.

As for the gnoll models (spoiler)

Dragonflight model spoilers

This is in Dragonflight. Personally I think they look awesome. I was hoping they’d get remodels ever since I saw hyena remodels back in BfA.

Edit: Hm do people think it’s necessary for me to spoiler that actually? It was in the trailer so it might not be a real one. Spoiler, I mean.

4 Likes

Add black eyeshadow and couple coats of mascara and you would have a deal with me at least since that’s how I usually do my makeup anyway. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I suppose but I am bias because I just love her current model.

Very true, also you’d have to kill a lot of humans to make it happen on a large scale.

That’s interesting thought, I guess it can somewhat work given how they can hide their bones now.

Oh damn, those are lovely, now I want them to be playable. Man we need mercenary races or something

1 Like

That’s fair. I know some folks do love the model. I wouldn’t mind so much if we ended up getting undead playables (that people have been asking for) and that the ‘light is pure/better to be, if you’re undead you’re evil’ mentality was not pushed. I like the idea of nuance and personality with undead, not mindless evil (and not having light be a requirement for that!).

Yeah, I’d love for Gnolls to be playable. Even when they had the old silly looking models, they were still kinda neat to me. Now though, they just look awesome & adorable (I usually find beast races adorable). Mercenary races would be a cool concept. They would make pretty good sense, too.

Edit: Also, fine, I’ll say it. I apologize for being rude and snippy before. It was too much and not mature.

1 Like

The Calia skin texture is entry number 4504551, page 55 on WoW.tools if anyones interested in looking at it!

3 Likes

Just wanna throw out it wouldn’t be weird for the armor set to be the pre-order bonus and already in the files.

The pre-order mount + pet are already in Retail, just encrypted (via wowhead).

So if they can make it work to be playable then go for it.

I honestly loved the big heads on the old models but the new ones are literally how I pictured them. Well with mercenary races you don’t have to given an explanation, “Why do they fight for (Faction)?” Well money, duh.

I apologize as well and no hard feelings, internet forums be like that sometimes, water under the bridge.

1 Like

Maybe i’m just overly hopeful but doesn’t that indicate a new race and drac’thyr won’t have death knights so it’sn ot them.

2 Likes

Right, that’s what I was thinking.

But since I’m new to datamining, and the person I spoke to told me it could be a number of possibilities, I don’t wanna put too much stock into it.

Oh the light wearing off or if she rejects it to be able to be one with her people. Hmm a sacrifice like that might make me like her a bit more. Still don’t want her as leader.

1 Like

I’d vote for you.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, anything that’s going to be there when an expansion goes live will be in the prepatch (even if you can’t goto new zones). That’s how they’re able to do launches without taking the servers offline now. Well, until they break at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ion mentioned in one of the interviews that in some cases it will be possible to have two Covenant abilities during prepatch on classes which have had them added into talent trees. I’m guessing the existing abilities will only work in the Shadowlands themselves after patch though.

1 Like

Let’s not have this argument here, I’m getting somewhat uncomfortable.

2 Likes

My apologies