San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I think death is the effect of becoming a vampyr…

maybe it shouldbe : " Trade offer. You give us sanlaynn. You receive monthly subs "

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t see them giving evoker the 9.x talent system only to change them in a few months to the 10.0. There is a small chance they come with a preview of the 10.0 stuff but I doubt it. That’s wayyy too much for a x.x.5 patch.

2 Likes

This also works.

They’re not adding the talent system in 9.2.5? I suppose that’s a pretty solid point, yeah… I didn’t even think of it that way (even though it’s just…straight up logical it wouldn’t come in some half-patch given it’s such a big change…). Because they would indeed be restricted to just one singular class. I guess maybe if they could be other classes, an early release would make sense.

But…yeah, given the entire system is changing…

Hm. It would be really weird for early, since those changes (as far as we know, I think?) aren’t going in until 10.0. Though I could be wrong in that.

1 Like

Yeah. That would come 10.0.prepatch (whatever number the last point ends up as). 9.2.5 I expect to be not that exciting. Hopefully it’s not like the final, terrible patch of WoD that gutted all the gold making methods and pretty much did nothing else.

5 Likes

Yeah, though now it does make one consider they might want to entice people and the way to entice them WOULD be a preorder AR :thinking: Since, again… yeah, I mean reasonably Dracthyr no longer make sense, given all of that.

7 Likes

I think we’re getting an allied race. I have nothing to back that up, but it makes the most sense to me.

They could just do another armour set or something; it’s cheap, easy, and if the deluxe edition stuff matches aesthetically people will want to “complete the set.” Nobody is going to be excited about that though, and if there’s one thing Blizzard needs people to feel about WoW right now, it’s excitement.

4 Likes

There is no evidence as far as I can tell though it would be nice to have extra months to play around with it.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m more inclined to believe this now too, since it really wouldn’t make sense for an early Dracthyr release given they are so class restricted and an excellent point was made that… yeah they’re not going to add a new class to this old system when the new system is coming out soon.

Though the new system could come out in 9.2.5 so who knows.

2 Likes

Having nothing interesting to keep us busy from 9.2.5 to 10.0 which is likely to be 8-12 months (maybe more) is going to destroy subs. They need SOMETHING.

4 Likes

There is also the 9.2.5 splash screen which got encrypted. While that could be hiding storyline stuff, I feel like something like a new race or races announcement would be more fitting to be encrypted as opposed to “New questline! Talk to this NPC to start your questline to party with Calia doing who knows what!” Along with the other various “hints” that seem so suspect, I’d be calling them out immediately in a game of Among Us.

And if that “leak” is fake, it’s possible we could see no new races…but it is also possible we could see more than one new race as well, since the “leak” focused on just one. Nothing about that is guaranteed that we’ll see any new races, but was wishful thinking I wanted to point out.

I don’t know how Darkfallen would be treated if they were in a pair instead of the rumored semi-neutral race rumor. I imagine they’d be Horde, but that’d still raise several questions on how they’d be treated, San’layn, Night Elf portions of it, and other things.

Seems like we keep getting more questions than answers as we keep finding stuff uncovered, doesn’t it? As I said, if we get any new races, I am hoping they’re ones people have been requesting for quite awhile.

Will continue to keep an eye out for things to report. Keeping an open mind, but hoping for the best. :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

Hmm, has splash art been encrypted/added for every patch, or is it notable that this is different this time?

1 Like

No more elves! We have enough diversity for elves! We need different races! Give the elf community an inch they want to take a mile!

Then go make topics asking for other races. Yelling “no more elves” here isn’t doing anything to add new “non-elf” races to the game.

13 Likes

I’m allowed to post my opinion, as are you.

I wish you the best of luck pushing for the races you would like added, along with giving ideas to support the races/diversity you want.

I’ve been asking for 4+ years. Don’t have interest in void elves. Blood elf story got gutted. I’m not ‘asking for a mile’. I’ve been asking for what I want added to the game for years. If you disagree, that’s fine.

I’m not going to stop asking until it’s added. And I suggest you do the same for what you want.

13 Likes

I never said you weren’t. I only gave you advice. Your opinion here is doing nothing to address the issue of adding non-elf races to the game.

10 Likes

Good luck pushing what you want then.

I will disagree with your opinion, will argue for more elves, and leave it at that.

11 Likes

lol. thanks for the “advice.”

…It’s advice though. Ask for things you want in the game. There’s a megathread index in the second thread here. If you don’t see something there you support, start a detailed thread of your ideas. Actively contribute. The more you put effort into supporting something, the better.

7 Likes