San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Any time I see a large jump in replies to this topic, it usually means an argument broke out. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s when I grab a drink and a snack, get comfy, and prepare myself mentally before diving in.

5 Likes

I’m eating a candy apple and drinking a soda so I’m prepared that way but the whole drama aspect not so much since I usually try to avoid that these days, more or less though I was hoping someone saw something like San’layn or Dark Rangers or both were being added as Allied Race or Allied Race or at least as customizations for Blood Elves were being added at least and that was all the replies but it wasn’t so I’m still hoping that will happen. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I can only imagine how hard it’ll be to keep up with posts if we ever did get playable Horde San’layn. Maybe it’ll be in the thousands when the news breaks, if it ever happened! :wine_glass::bat:

9 Likes

I doubt I’ll find out by this thread alone (people DM me on discord and I’m tagged all the time, something I like a lot since sometimes I just am not in the know on my own) but I bet I’d log in and find the reply thing to be over 100.

Also yeah, fingers crossed! Their hyperfocus on Dracthyr has me iffy that we’ll get them anytime soon, but logically they’d want a strong incentive for preorder, so who knows.

I don’t know how much hope I should have right now, I just don’t want to be disappointed again.

14 Likes

The Alliance wants to conquer Horde land?

4 Likes

*Sees 102 new post in the thread *

Oh boy! I hope there was news!

*Reads the next comments are on Calia Menethil *

Oh boy…

5 Likes

I’m having a lavender matcha rn I spent the day tanning by the pool and then I watched a horror movie I also put off a bunch of final project school stuff so whoops :crazy_face:

Hopefully we hear something soon on undead elf options

4 Likes

Excuse me. Who are you now?

They come in every so often to talk about antis, whether they consider you one I have no idea.

If you recall they made a big deal about liking a post that talked about spam not long ago.

okay the clip was funny

1 Like

Oh so also trouble for no reason, gotcha.

Not even slightly anti and have even supported everyone getting every class, but oh well. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m an anti myself. I just don’t appreciate your little clique. That little event was just the icing on the cake. I was contacted afterwards by a pal in my guild that was in the know after asking about it from one of my guildies in the know and they sent me all kinds of stuff from someone who apparently has been around for years about things behind the scenes going on involving said clique. The continuous behavior just furthers the things I’ve been told.

1 Like

Ooo. Skipping over that nonsense.

New mog for my San’layn.

Kinda sad we haven’t seen any further updates on 9.2.5.

EDIT: Apparently Armory isn’t working for this one right now.

7 Likes

Agreed. Might be people offended by strong language off-forums or something, I don’t know. Some people have strong opinions and come off as aggressive. I’d personally rather not get involved as I shared my opinions on the matters anyway. If people have issues with one another, they can use ignore. I use it very liberally nowadays.

I have many friends here I disagree with or don’t get involved in various arguments with because I have no strong opinions/word things differently/try to come off as not as aggressive. Even if I do come off as aggressive sometimes, I’m not apologetic. I’m tired of dealing with being too nice and regretting it. But it’s something that’ll have to be resolved not involving me.

I do however stand by saying that said friends/discord are good people who have supported me through quite a bit, and that it’s a bit shifty spreading wild rumors about folks that are likely a twist on words or getting offended at strong language/opinions on pixels in video games.

That aside, I tried looking at your mog but…

:frowning: Also yeah, same. I haven’t seen any updates and thought we’d see some today. Bummer. Looks like it’ll be silent for who knows how long.

6 Likes

Trust me, if that was all I wouldn’t care the slightest bit.

I got screenshots sent to me so I’d say it’s more than just rumors and it ain’t about strong language :slightly_frowning_face:

I reckon they are hiding a big reveal. There is no feasible reason to not release the pre-order right now if that wasn’t the case.

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/941486816933068840/973785564715311104/WoWScrnShot_051022_201343.jpg

Had to get my own screenshot. Sorry for the shoddy quality.

I’m wondering if they’re getting particularly closer… I hope we see a new build in short order.

6 Likes

Regarding what? Mean things said about others on the forums? Given what some people have put me through, I’m very nasty toward some people when talking about them and use strong language. I mean every word I say, too. Especially regarding a ‘friend’ who completely backstabbed me and decided to try and turn everyone against me for simply wanting vampire elves (Oh, and liking/supporting Vulpera, can’t forget about that one). I, too, have screenshots for that incident, and another when a different person in that same group tried to harass me on Twitter.

If it’s complaining about [xyz posts] on forums, I don’t know what to say. It happens. People will share opinions. There’s claims of brigading or whatever that simply aren’t true. It’s also a community that argues strongly for LGBTQ+ issues & diversity.

I suppose I’d need to know the exact nature of the screenshots/what was said before I can judge. As of now, I’m going off of: “I see aggressive/strong opinions regularly and that’s just how things are.” Truly heinous things I haven’t seen. Sure, I’ve bashed heads HARD with some folks in there. Some of who are not there any longer. I still hold the grudge. But overall, it’s not bad from my experience. At all.

Perhaps & Hopefully. You’d think they’d need something big for preorders… but my concern is their attitude toward Dracthyr. It appears they put everything into them, and it worries me that there will actually be nothing aside from a mount & pet for preorder. Which… would be sort of silly? Given we have a customizable dragon mount on the way soon…

Edit: Although, there are datamines come to think of it of an Emerald mount or something that originally tipped people off to Dragonflight as an expansion, so… who knows.

5 Likes

Looks great to me! If I join again, I want to get that screenshot addon that allows for filters like an addon in FFXIV. I forgot what it’s called, but you can do some cool stuff with it.

Though WoW integrating a cool screenshot system like ‘gpose’ (you can freeze the character on certain emotes, etc) would also be neat…

4 Likes

It ranges all the way to homophobic slurs. Yes. I got sent a screenshot of that apparently happening in there. And according to my source they are still a member.

Edit: This has been resolved in discord DMS I was mislead.

1 Like

That’s a very heavy claim and not good at all. From my personal experience, I haven’t seen such a thing, and if it happens, they’ll be kicked. It’d be very strange to see given the community is very LGBTQ+ … including myself, a bi woman.

I’m not in all channels all the time, but the people I interact with react very strongly to homophobia and argue against it on the forums and beyond.

I’m not doubting, but I’d want to see the screenshots due to that being an incredibly heavy claim and, well… it not making much sense, admittedly, given it’s an LGBTQ+ community that again constantly argues against homophobia.

6 Likes

Me reading through this thread that is supposed to be positivity and coagulated ideas for a new race:

Be nice to each other, y’all. Let people have their spaces and ideas.

6 Likes