San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

If I do the Alliance version first, I hope my disguise is a big hat.

They allege they are listening to the community but apparently it only applies to raiders & Alliance because the Horde in general & undead playerbase (from my observations) has widely despised Calia and yet here they are still trying to push her…

3 Likes

There’s no excuse for a lack of player housing it’s 2022 what’s the issue

Wanted to wish any moms a happy Mother’s Day!

Found a couple of fitting videos of mom bats with some bat facts:

As for my plans today, my mother wants to have some food BBQ’d, which is a good time to do so with record high temperatures. I’ll be able to munch on some delicious BBQ food in the near future!

Whatever your plans are, please have a fun, happy, and safe Mother’s Day! :wine_glass::bat:

8 Likes

Bats make excellent families. My favorite fact ever is the reciprocal altruism vampire bats exhibit. Colonies will share blood meals if one is going hungry. They don’t even need to be related. It’s nature being remarkable, and of course an animal demonized by humankind that’s exhibiting something that aided out species in getting so far. (Helping one another)

11 Likes

Watching the Original PtR with her all throughout Shadowlands was hilarious, as reading those she was MUCH more involved and had a much much bigger presence and a lot more lines.

Her lack of, well, anything thus far is because of player pushback.

So it’ll be curious if the quest involving her will be Alliance only, Alliance players seem to be the one who like her, but if it involves Tirisfal and a sorta leader (>_<) for a Horde Faction it’ll be odd if the Horde isn’t involved

6 Likes

looks at the Battle for Azeroth War Campaign when San’layn were actually quite a big ally of the horde before everything went down, but you legit had to play on the Alliance to know ANYTHING about this, leading to some Horde members being completely surprised upon learning about it

Yeah I wouldn’t doubt they’d do that

9 Likes

Maybe it’ll be the Alliance sweeping in to recruit her along with the Night Elf Darkfallen.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728036669436985414/729751752123088956/topkek.png

Oh no. Not that. Anything but that. How will we go on. Please. Someone stop them. Please, anyone-they still listening?

2 Likes

Snark aside if her and Derek wanna go make a neutral undead faction that helps the newly undead cope and they just wanna be left alone, fine by me.

The Forsaken can stay happy Murder fun time friends as needed for the Horde.

I guess the question with this quest is what exactly is going on there.

With Undercity still needing some epic janitorial skills, the Forsaken may be looking to set up a new temporary capital city until Undercity can be cleaned out and decontaminated…well, to the standards of the Forsaken before the whole blight slime event.

I’d like to hope that they would be setting up a new Desolate Council, with San’layn getting invited since they did get invited to the Horde in BfA and there are plenty of them around. Not to mention that the San’layn should be in control of their actions, seeing as the Helm of Domination is gone and the undead threat from it being destroyed would be manageable.

Granted, I’m hoping this isn’t another case of the Alliance freaking out and destroying another San’layn Blood Prince again for a fist pump moment then everyone promptly forgetting it was ever a thing. I don’t think I could take another round of that happening again.

I’m not too sure what the Alliance would do with this questline and whether they might sabotage anything. Given that you can get teleported to the area by a Gilnean Mage specifically makes me wonder if Genn might cause trouble.

Assuming we would be getting a playable Darkfallen race out of all of this, I don’t know how it would lead to Alliance getting Night Elf Darkfallen. Especially if the Alliance is sticking their nose where it doesn’t belong, and said nose is that of a vengeful Worgen king.

Will continue to keep an eye out for anything else of interest to report back. :wine_glass::bat:

8 Likes

Scholomance would make for a nice new city, and it’s closer to Silvermoon as well! Plus, spooky topside city vibes ftw.

I really, really hope this questline leads to the Alliance looking like fools for making assumptions that all undead are evil and whenever they gather, there’s something terrible afoot.

Yes, obviously that’d be understandable but it needs to be established that the undead are not mindless or a monolith. For once can Blizzard depict them as just trying to carry on? It bugs me so much how the writing has gone, without nuance, and with the feeling that their message is ‘sorry they’re all evil because of what their leader did’. It’s such a disgusting message.

We need that attitude to be shattered, and not because they’re going to be ‘saved’ or some nonsense from Calia, a character many including myself cannot stand. Forsaken need to be shown to stand on their own as people with personalities still.

The entire reason why I even like the WoW undead in general was because, in the past, they were not depicted as just mindless or evil zombies. They actually had personality and nuance.

Making them all 100% evil, lacking morals, takes away from the distinct story they had and just makes it another bad cliche.

13 Likes

Was there anything shown in-game about members of the Horde learning about it? I remember Talanji and Rokhan discussing the San’layn and the latter being open to them joining, but I don’t remember anything else on the Horde (other than Sylvanas and Nathanos at the time) knowing about the San’layn trying to join the Horde.

I remember making a post about this topic a long time ago, but you would think that word would spread among the Horde of a potential new member. Especially if two faction leaders were aware of it, one of which was open to it and the other being dubious. The latter of which would be bringing it up with others or the Horde Council to see what was happening with them if there was some concern about them joining.

It’s hard for me to imagine this all being kept hush-hush. If it just involved Sylvanas involved with it, I could see that, but it seems like something that would’ve reached the ears of many Horde members.

I’d say that Rokhan would at least still be open to the idea, and if other Horde Council members need comvincing, then I’ll be happy to speak for the San’layn to join the Horde. :wine_glass::bat:

1 Like

Not at all, no. The Alliance member spied and overheard it while stealthy to listen. The Horde player hears nothing of this from anyone, including nothing from learning about other members hearing about it, sadly.

That is what I figured. There hasn’t really been any word of those events to the Horde to my knowledge.

I’m wondering if that could get followed up here if we do get a playable Darkfallen race. I don’t see why the San’layn would give up trying to join the Horde, especially given their circumstances and how things can’t have gotten any better for them since BfA. Moreso with how they should have their free will back by now with the Helm of Domination destroyed.

Seems like them working to join the Forsaken would be an opportune time to actually officially join and then being able to reconnect with their kin in Silvermoon, but who knows what to expect? Not to mention the whole Night Elf part of the equation.

Hoping it’ll lead to something good, but I don’t want to get my hopes up of course. :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

Well, Brill is being rebuilt in the new Tirisfal map. Guessing that will probably be a temp capital while they cleanup Undercity?

On top of just the mystery map, I noticed they added new versions of Brill NPCs a few builds ago.

There’s also a bunch of new baked textures for Forsaken NPCs on PTR.

As mentioned upstream somewhere, the post-BfA phase of Tirisfal is currently missing. That they’ve also added NPCs who would live there makes me think it will be a permanent update to the zone, and not some one-off quest scenario.

With regards to a Horde version of quest, it would almost certainly have more info in it, so it would make sense to keep it hidden for now to avoid spoilers.

10 Likes

Given it’s been years since the BfA prepatch when everything went horrid with regard to the story, it would make sense that the land is hopefully cleared or that people have put effort into getting it to heal. I’d love for Undercity to canonically return properly.

8 Likes

Yay!

Druids!… FORSAKEN DRUIDS!!

4 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728036669436985414/780120608037273610/gotdat.png

2 Likes