San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

They should have given bloodelves and nightborne the hair styles. My nightborne could rock a mohawk. Meanwhile I like the Quiffs the Male Void elves have for my blood elf.

I do use it on my void elf monk (who was going to be a blood elf until they announced blood elves in which I restarted the toon).

I like the female hairstyles (top left and top middle). Why they made Sombra only on night elves I’ll never know? It would look good on Nightborne. Also the light green hair colors and light purple would be nice options for nightborne.

If void elves are going to take from blood elves, the same treatment should apply both ways on the horde imo.

7 Likes

Well, it is a little shaggy looking. A lot of the hairstyles they added for the Night Elves have a natural, sometimes unkempt looking appearance that I’m not sure would fit with the aesthetic of the Nightborne.

3 Likes

I do like the hair style on your toon quite a bit! Is that one of the new ones, speaking of which?

Yes, it’s the “sideswept” hairstyle they added it in 9.1.5. It’s one of the few additions in 9.1.5 I can actually appreciate.

3 Likes

Yeah, it looks lovely! I don’t think I looked into new hairstyle additions for NB but perhaps I should hop on and check sometime. Their lack of hairstyles in particular are what barred me from playing one.

1 Like

tbf nightborne have hunters and warriors.

4 Likes

Ehh nightborne I see tend to have straight hairstyles. But there are many types of hair and I tend to have wavy hair. I just like the wavy hair more from a personal view. Also I do think the nightborne have a shaggy looking hairstyle. But again night elves have nice wavy hair, you just don’t see that on nightborne sadly.

As well as the limited colors, night elves are more vibrant, night elves are more dull.

1 Like

3 Likes

Wow there is a single hairstyle there I like, and it’s that sideswept. Every other one is a hard pass. Gods they need more hairstyle options ><

5 Likes

I use a few. Although most of my nightborne are female. I like the bob.

1 Like

Yeah definitely not my thing, personally. Well, that explains why I no longer have any nightborne toons.

Here’s my priest. (Mostly shadow). We all have our preferences I guess.

1 Like

True. Sadly there’s few punkish or gothic styles to go on the elves on the faction I actually like D: Which is a shame.

1 Like

Yeah I know. I did the Children’s Day quests and I did those 9.2.5 quests on the PTR with my Pally.

Summary

I took her to the Shadowlands, where she ends up helping us much later during those quests. Right now as an orphan she’s just a child, but 9.2.5 stuff is about 16 years later for her. I don’t care if she does something bad in the future. And the prophecy is vague anyway.

3 Likes

Just call it “rustic” and it’ll pass.

same honestly (note the snuggly mog for this one), although I adore the glowy mana hands. And more rune tats. And the piercings and decorations.

Lady with the metal stabby goatee is hot.

1 Like

They would have to eat the equivalent of 3 cows a night to fly.

Depends which take on Dragonborn.

If we’re talking DnD then I think they look more like Kobolds myself.

Which if you think of their origin story they kind of are… Hmmm.

I would have not minded as much if you could pick which mortal race you wanted.

It’s just 2 things I already have plenty of.

Yeah, I want established things people have been asking for for decades.

Might have had to settle asking for customizations, but it still stands.

Blizzard has explained that it is the base form of unupgraded/leveled Dragon Flying. So there is a chance they can do it elsewhere?

That’s how we got Cataclysm Worgen models… People whined that they where trying to be furry bait so they whacked them with a hideous-stick into the gater-mouthed lipless freaks they where for 10 years.

Looking back it is so freaken clear why Night Elves have gotten butchered both literally and figuratively.

Ayup

They can’t have our Moo Moos.

As part of my regular monthly routine, I have submitted a few in-game suggestions for races I want to see playable with references to their megathreads on the forums. Horde San’layn and this megathread are always one of them.

If anyone is interested in doing the same thing for races you want playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in game within this megathread here:

With the upcoming UI change, it may change some in the future, in which case I will post a new guide on how to do it when it is implemented.

If there is a chance we could see Darkfallen playable, it’s a good time to keep suggestion playable Horde San’layn and discuss them. Ideally, we’d see San’layn representation through PC’s and NPC’s, both of which having a presence of some kind through a playable Darkfallen race.

Regardless of what does or doesn’t happen, I’ll always support playable Horde San’layn. I’ll continue to keep an eye out for anything of interest in 9.2.5 and Dragonflight preorders to report here and the Dark Ranger megathread! :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

I have a really ironic thought, and of course I’m a bias party so I’d think this up, but still, it’d be interesting to see.

SPOILERS BELOW

As we know, Salandria is in 9.2.5. During Children’s Week, a bronze dragon hinted at a dark future. We saw her fight alongside us against Blood Prince Vorath in the Blood Elf questline.

She ended up becoming, or is trying to become, a Blood Knight.

…What if her dark future is that she’s turned into a San’layn? There’d be so many levels of Irony. “Blood” Knight, and of course that one of her first serious tasks is to help defeat a Blood Prince.

Certainly an interesting story thought.

15 Likes