San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

You know I was looking at the heritage armor of yours and think, why not have 3 version, 1 black and red, brown and orange (you’re original), and a grey and blue

1 Like

I think having a variety of recolors that make sense is a good way to go.
I’m surprised there wasn’t a reddish version of the Nightborne stuff like NPCs wear.

1 Like

There is recolours as well least for some of the Heritage Armours, theres a maroon Lightforged variant that was accidentally put in place of the actual one and another blue trim i think? thats also been model datamined.

Whats to say there isn’t more variants in the files just locked? racial drops? remove heritage uniqueness for normal drops in warfronts? we’ll never know till we see them again.

More variations of heritage armor would be really neat, I think. I do hope they add in the weapons at one point.

1 Like

San’layn still has my support even though i haven’t posted in a while

6 Likes

I know it’s sort of off topic, but what do you think about the Dark Ranger hunter only quest?

Some people seem to think that it rules out Dark Rangers as class and that it’s going to offer customization. I think it’s just going to reward hunters a transmog or that it’s some kind of foreshadowing for DRs. I don’t know why they’d think that it would be for customization, though. (It’s usually Orcs, taurens, or various elf/Sylvanas haters.) The last hunter only quest rewarded a transmog that all hunters could use.

For me, customization isn’t enough. I want DRs to feel undead and have unique spells, mechanics, and customization. I don’t want it half-bummed.

1 Like

Ok so this reminds me of another idea I have had. Bear with me.

So we all know of two things: Greenfire and Night Warrior. Green fire modified spells on a warlock, while night warrior was unique customization unlocked for Night Elves. So… what if we combined the two?

My idea in particular were for warlocks of Orcs, Blood Elves, and Draeni. You would go through an epic questline and unlock the following customization options:

1. Eredar
  2. Felblood Elves
  3. Fel orcs

This could also work for other fel corrupted races you can think of, I suppose.

Now, this idea could be expanded further. We could have a ‘toxic vat’ quest for forsaken, where all of their flesh is stripped, and you play as a skeleton.

Or, for dark rankers, blood elf hunters die and go through a series of epic events, unlocking a dark ranker customization. This could also be applied to spell effects too. There’s so much that can be done now that they’ve introduced the idea of both modified spells and customization in game.

3 Likes

I had a similar idea a while back for this warlock customization (more class specific customization in general would be good)

orc - red skin, longer tusks, glowing eyes

blood/void elf - red skin, cultist face runes, glowing red eyes, fangs

human - cultist facial runes, glowing eyes, red skin

goblin - red skin, glowing eyes, snaggle teeth

gnome - red skin, cultist face runes, glowing eyes

troll - cultist face paint, glowing eyes, demonic tusks

worgen - glowing red eyes, red or green glow from hands and breath, longer fangs

nightborne - red skin, glowing green rune tattoos, glowing green eyes, red or green glow from hands

undead - glowing red eyes, red or green glow from hands and exposed bones

dwarf - demonic face runes, glowing red or green eyes, red skin (this might conflict with dark iron)
3 Likes

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/e/e7/Felblood_elves.png/450px-Felblood_elves.png?version=a6e8c13e9a8ab6832d76483e721bf2d8

2 Likes

yeah the fel elves were what I had in mind, similar with nightborne and their version of fel elves

1 Like

Hmm, so void elves would get it too? Their locks? Interesting. I like it. What about we add like… I dunno. Well consider me this. There are void demons, so rather than felish, going with more of a voidy demon look? Like the fel elves could be more succubi like with the fel glpyh, and void elves more void succubus. I don’t know how that’d work. Let me pull up some pictures to compare the two demons.

Oh wow that is an interesting comparison and wonderful contrast.

2 Likes

yeeah a more voidy version of the fel elves would be great, and their void form racial proc could set them on fire too. weird, black void fire?

1 Like

Dark Rankers? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I guess I like this part of your idea:

Doubt they’ll put that much effort in it though.

Alright, dial it back there lady. I’m just in it for the immortality and the cool clothes.

Which is why Warlocks should have a Necromancer spec instead of there being a Necromancer class.

I was pleased to find out the BE heritage armor included both a robe, and a tunic option.

2 Likes

Can we talk about Mechagnomes and allied races?

It’s exciting to see people speculate about allied races, and they haven’t finalized every decision, so it’s exciting to hear feedback from the community, but nothing concrete right now!

Well well. Looks like that’s some interesting and important news. Perhaps they are listening to our feedback and watching us right now. What do you guys think?

8 Likes

I’m sure they’re looking at feedback, as far as acting on it though I have my doubts. I think they have their plan already set on allied races and they will not be the interesting and highly sought races that have been requested in the megathreads, knowing our luck and judging on past decisions.

Just my lost hopes in Blizzard speaking though, perhaps we will be in for a pleasant surprise.

4 Likes

This is the most absurdly well organized Allied Race thread I’ve ever seen. Kudos to you all.

8 Likes

I very much appreciate it! Took me forever to break it down and code for it, haha, after the post itself broke and I had to do it all manually. But it’s worth it! Thanks very much ^^

7 Likes

You’ll have to thank Fallynn for spearheading this request. If it wasn’t for her tenacity and hard work in organizing both the thread and the discord then most of us wouldn’t be here showing our support!

Also, I still can’t get over the amount of detail that Qualia (The artist who provided the female San’layn concept shown in the OP) put into the model!

And if I recall correctly there was a male San’layn concept floating around on Twitter that was done by Hipnos and his friends. He isn’t affiliated with us directly but he did an excellent job regardless!

Edit: Found it! https://twitter.com/hipnos14/status/996188157644300288?lang=en

7 Likes

I don’t know what to think anymore. That quote doesn’t really say much except that they noticed us, but refuse to say anything else substantial. The suspense is killing me day by day. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes