San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

I hope so.

Kinda how I’m thinking it’ll go too.

Nelf Darkfallen aren’t my favorite and I’m not super interested though.

Here’s hoping my friend!

7 Likes

To be clear they were options you wanted, blonde hair was never going to be anything but blonde hair etc lol

No matter how happy or unhappy you are w what you literally asked for it still doesn’t change the fact Blood Elves do not have a second visually distinct theme like VEs do.

1 Like

I would have rather my race got a series of highly requested skin tone additions from its parent race that totally change the aesthetic of the race. But I play Horde so I get literal WoD npc skins with 2d jewellery and tattoos painted right onto the texture.

6 Likes

You know perfectly well that is not what I “literally” asked for.

What I “literally” asked for was the same things Guzzle doesn’t want!

…But I play all the races, so I’m good.

Technically, there are Alliance Death Knights, so it isn’t like the Alliance wouldn’t tolerate some undead within their ranks. Granted, they are rather picky about it.

I imagine if Tyrande learned the true meaning of Winter Veil, she would be open for letting Night Elf Darkfallen back into the fold and speak for them being part of the Alliance again. I mean, they were before like with the Alliance Death Knights, so it isn’t impossible to see it being worked out.

As I said, I’m fine with Night Elf San’layn as part of the Darkfallen faction as long as we got Horde San’layn to go with it too as part of the Blood Elf Darkfallen faction. It’d be interested to see how it’d be worked out, but I’m sure something could be done.

Just something to think about. :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

It’s not lame to me haha.

Dawnsteel level 60 Warrior (her armoury link is broken for some reason, so here’s a picture):

Edit: Her armoury link is working now. That was weird.

Wasn’t what I literally asked for. I was asking for an AR. This is close enough though.

5 Likes

The impact the options gave was the impact you wanted, Non Void “High Elf” fantasy. Whether that took a lot of effort or not it was your request one way or another.

BEs didn’t get a second visually distinct theme that impacted their entire vibe if said options were chosen.

3 Likes

Even though I’m not really a fan of blonde hair on Void Elves, you definitely do make yours look really nice my dear. :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

That’s not so much the issue as the Alliance getting a subfaction of Forsaken.

4 Likes

Hence my objective/subjective.

But yeah, I get it. My feelings on the matter aren’t the same as everyone else’s, partially because of what passes for my playstyle. I like lots of unique choices that reflect a wide variety of characters.

Which is why I’m hyped for the vague possibility of red eyes and maybe some spoopy skins for my blood elves. …And funky ears and fangs.

Also maybe some new hairdos.

As each option’s quality is subjective, the only metric that can be measured is total.

Wrong. What if one race has more skin color options in the lore? Would that inflate this objective number?

What about skin color vs. jewelry vs. facial hair options? Should they be weighted differently in terms of quality, or are we literally counting all possible customization options and calling it an objective metric?

How about perceived quality of the customization/races? I feel that race X was extremely low effort by the devs, and race Y is much more original with less customization?

In this “balance” of customization what time frame are you including? Do you factor in orcs getting straight backs and belves getting a face lift when alliance got nothing at the time? Don’t get me wrong - I don’t personally care about this, but it’s funny how you set up goal posts around this concept of “fairness” to suit your narrative.

Your take is reductive, subjective and to pretend it’s anything else is wrong.

I mean… It’s what folk wanted for the most part.

I think once we saw that blizzard was adding a Thalassian model to the Alliance it was always unlikely we’d get high elves separated from void elves so with so many asking and blizzard giving in… I don’t really know what they expected beyond a copy paste.

Blizzard isn’t known for doing maximum effort when something simpler will do.

Given how little they seem to know about void elves, giving us little story and next to nothing in our own home, I’m not surprised void aspects were effectively ignored.

However, despite that, you can’t say it wasn’t impactful customizations.

We got a sub race. One that was actually acknowledged by Blizzard.

Wildhammer didn’t actually get acknowledged until recently.

Impact of options I think is the most important factor with the benefit of a customization or set of them. What can the players do with those options?

How many stories does it open up?

Compared with blood elves, void elves got immensely more impactful customizations from all of this.

7 Likes

Which by itself is not so much my issue so much as it also came at the expense of BEs visual uniqueness.

Which is pertinent to point out if as a BE fan I would also like to get a second visually distinct set of options which would also be in theory impactful.

3 Likes

No race has ever been described as coming in more tones than any other race.
No race inherently lends itself to more options than any other race.

Not weighted, simple numbers.

If one race has 10 skin colours, 10 types of jewellery and 10 types of hair then the fairest and simplest option is simply to give all races 10 skin colours, 10 types of jewellery and 10 types of hair then 12 skin colours, 10 types of jewellery and 8 types of hair is the next best thing.

3 Likes

Sure. I agree with that.

…I think I personally got the most mileage out of the new things for trolls. Some of them left me positively giddy. Despite that, I wouldn’t say trolls got the most or maybe even the best, but pretty much everything added in for trolls was solid (though a forest troll skin and maybe a wart free face for males and actually just a few more faces for males and an option to lose the hunch and… -ahem- Anyway).

But I genuinely hope every race gets choices that deliver as much joy as the troll options delivered me.

And I could still use more for my trolls, TBH. I have more Darkspear than blood elves and void elves combined because I love 'em. But that in no way indicates that I don’t want things for my blood elves. And I will be thrilled if we get those dang red eyes and skins unlocked come 9.2.5. Or whenever.

2 Likes

Not weighted, simple numbers.

I agree to disagree completely! :grinning:

I’m in the boat that Nightborne should currently have all of the Night Elf skintones and most of their hair colors due to how much was shared from Blood Elves to Void Elves because it would make much more impactful customization options for Nightborne and Nightborne are supposedly our Night Elves so.

Tbh I don’t know that would do much good. Nightborne can already be pink or blue or purple. What void elves got would be more akin to nightborne getting human skins so they could represent a different body type for blood elves.

1 Like

I’m in the boat that Nightborne should currently have all of the Night Elf skintones and most of their hair colors due to how much was shared from Blood Elves to Void Elves

But…BUT NELF VISUAL UNIQUENESS!

Kidding.

I’m on the boat that Night Elves and Nightborne should SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE SINCE TYRANDE IS LITERALLY FROM SURAMAR AND I GET MAD JEALOUS WHEN VOID ELVES AND BLOOD ELVES CAN CHAT BUT I HAVE TO GRAB A POTION OF TONGUES TO TALK TO GREAT AUNT -Night elf name here-.

I wouldn’t mind giving Durtier green hair, either.

3 Likes