San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Wowhead finally reported on Exploring Azeroth: Northrend becoming a thing, though not much new info about it is given:

Clan Bronzebread is involved with the exploring, though I don’t know if there are any specific characters at this point. If there is anything about San’layn in it, it might not be a friendly meeting between the two.

Speaking of, would there be any areas of Northrend of particular interest to where San’layn could be hiding out? I know the Scourge had several areas and you fought one of the Blood Princes in a Necropolis, but I’m unsure of what sections could have any mentions of the San’layn in it.

I’m likely going to pick it up at some point, since it has some interest to San’layn, Furbolg, and Taunka information. No guarantee we’d see anything San’layn in it, and hopefully they wouldn’t be villain batted again, but you never know.

It also currently comes out just in time for Halloween. How fitting! :wine_glass::bat:

9 Likes

Any San’layn/Darkfalle stuff would be great. But I am really hoping for undead skins for all races as well.

2 Likes

Dark Fallen customization was brought up in the interview I am listening to.

In summary, customization for Dark Fallen/Dark Rangers is something that may be considered when it fits the theme/story.

4 Likes

Interesting to hear them say that, when it would’ve fit BfA and Shadowlands very well. Makes me wonder what would be their definition of theme/story with Darkfallen.

I wouldn’t say this would disqualify them from being the rumored playable race in 9.2.5, but we’ll see what happens or doesn’t happen then. :wine_glass::bat:

8 Likes

Exactly. Steve cut off and said he could not say more. So, I do wonder if there is something on the table in the future. Even if it is not 9.2.5 or 10.0.

6 Likes

I would love a “Return to Northrend” xpac or at least raid patch. Go back and help some undead put down the Scourge Warlords trying to become LK 3.0. Maybe meet some friendly Darkfallen along the way who wanna join up with the Horde/Alliance.

The important thing with this is that support for Darkfallen has reached them, and likely with it, support for Horde San’layn. Hopefully, something good will come from it as opposed to being some sort of Monkey’s Paw wish.

Wowhead does have a liveblog which is a summary as opposed to a transcript:

"Dark Ranger Customizations

We like to do Customizations when it’s thematic, similar to Night Elves in 8.1. It’s kind of a rare and special thing, when there is the right opportunity to do something like that, that’s something that they would consider."

If I find a transcript or the video itself, I’ll be sure to share it! :wine_glass::bat:

10 Likes

Right here.

Though you’ll have to click on the tweet to see it.

1 Like

I’m kinda hype bcz… isnt something happening w Calia and Tirisfal in 9.2.5, while they didn’t say no to customization like they have when asked about other things… they didn’t say yes and I’m not getting my hopes up but it kinda could work w the answer they gave imo which is exciting

9 Likes

I am tentatively hopeful for all of you who have been wanting the Darkfallen to be playable/customizations.

8 Likes

There’s a big audience for this but I don’t think this would ever happen. Too risque for Blizzard now.

Thank you ^^ I’m hoping for them as customization in a way that sees balance restored to BEs after losing visual uniqueness w Void Elves being able to have void and non void options, and Blood Elves are High Elves but that’s like our only choice of options.

Basically this

hoping anyways

5 Likes

I’ll be kind of bummed out if night elves get the options. Alliance getting a subrace of Forsaken would be weird.

5 Likes

As I said earlier in the thread, it feels a little… underwhelming… if that is what Blueside’s getting. We already have night elf death knights, and there’s just not the lore leadup that there is for Darkfallen on Redside.

Now if it was night elf ghosts…

Something is also going on with Tyrande and the seed. I suspect what will hit is Darkfallen for both sides with RENEWAL and so forth, but personally I find that as boring as copy/pasted options for void elves. I guess we’ll see! …And regardless, I hope 9.2.5 is spooky enough for y’all.

2 Likes

Well I’m not a big fan of that.

How much time will we need to get these Dark Ranger customizations?

And of course I don’t mention the Forest Troll, Ice Troll, Man’ari Eredar, Frostborn Dwarf, Dragonmaw Orc and San’layn customizations if we can’t get them as playable race.

When will we have the thematic to get these customizations?

5 Likes

Yea I prefer my night elves with a big side of extremism and xenophobia :stuck_out_tongue:

Undead have no feelings

1 Like

I likes my night elves how I likes me women, unpleasant and isolationist.

2 Likes

Alliance got the high elf customizations because there are high elves within the Alliance. It was absolutely deserved and remedied an oversight with the allied races.

Horde should get darkfallen customizations because there are darkfallen within the horde. This is observed in several expansions/questlines and is a low hanging fruit.

That’s it. End of story.

The reasoning tactic of “well if they got X, then we should get Y!” is extremely childish IMO and I only really see this on these forums. Customizations and overall improvements to either faction is NOT a zero sum game.

1 Like

That’s a much easier stance to take if your faction is the one benefitting from an imbalance.

5 Likes

You’ll find that in reality, imbalance is often in the eye of the beholder.

Customizations and overall improvements to either faction is NOT a zero sum game.