San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Like many things, there will be a lot of potential that will be wasted. :frowning:

4 Likes

It’s been almost two weeks since I posted in this thread due to being so busy lately which is really sad actually but I like many others am still wanting and waiting for playable San’layn as a Horde Allied Race or customization options for Blood Elves either way works for me but I still wanted to make a new post because it’s been awhile and it’s still very important to me. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Seems that the general rumors going around is that the next expansion will be related to the Dragon Isles in some aspect. I remember near the end of BfA, Shadowlands as a name was rumored with all sorts of “leaks” being shared about it. Not much of those “leaks” were true, either.

Not really sure what to expect until we get an official announcement. I will say that the possibility of getting new playable race and/or class announcements is giving me the excitement of creating new characters to add to my army of alts. That and getting out of what I’m thinking will end up as my least favorite expansion is getting me to hope we get an official announcement of what is to come soon.

Since we don’t really know what is coming, I can’t really say whether San’layn could fit in there or not. The way I see it is with how BfA’s allied races were handled. Many of them came out of nowhere and if they were replaced with another race, nothing much would change in the story and such. So who knows? Maybe we’ll get lucky and we’ll see Horde friendly San’layn show up at some point.

Even if we don’t see them, I’ll still continue to march in support for playable Horde San’layn, as well as keep an eye out for anything of San’layn interest to report back here. We’ll see what happens when it happens. Hopefully, we’ll get an official announcement of the next expansion sooner than later. :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

Hey maybe Microsoft will react at least to the hours of work some have put into threads like these.

Though apparently not until sometime in June of 2023 according to the wowhead article. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still hopeful though. :bat: :wine_glass:

5 Likes

Given I shouldn’t be silent during times like this and feel I should post support after so many years of doing so, I really do think adding San’layn as playable in the game through Night Warrior questline (Blood Elf Customization) or allied race would make many fans happy.

Here are the reasons:

-Vampires are in style. They’ve never gone out of style.
-San’layn have lore significance from Wrath of the Lich King and a lot of story can be created there.
-People like beautiful monsters. Look at how popular Blood Elves are. Apply Vampires. Win.
-The community is obviously very passionate about this.
-This will not exclusively bring a ton of people back. HOWEVER, pairing this as a goodie with a bunch of other things will attract a very many players.
-Customization in general is a huge draw for folks.

I don’t know what this Microsoft acquisition means for people like us. But I hope they see the passion in the customization/lore/AR community and look at games like FFXIV who DO have great customization & story and are a major draw for folks right now.

I won’t be posting frequently here as I used to, but I really wanted to once again add my voice here.

Also, I’ve started posting weekly on my WoW twitter:

https://twitter.com/CSanlayn/status/1483275697732866048

I encourage those with gaming twitters to do the same. Never know what might happen. I’ve still been showing support. Just on a different platform. :wink:

13 Likes

I came across some YouTube videos about the San’layn. Not sure if they have been shared before and how accurate they are, but I thought I’d share them for fun.

San’layn facts videos (Transcript in the description on the video’s YouTube page):

San’layn and Blood Queen lore video by Krucial:

San’layn lore by Nobbel87:

Will be thinking of things to do to support playable Horde San’layn. Since we’re coming to a new expansion and with our Microsoft overlords in the process of taking over Activision-Blizzard, I still think it’s important to continue onward with support for races and customization options we want playable.

I’ll be sure to keep my Horde San’layn banner close as I march in support for them and other races I want to see playable! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

Wowhead posted a finding of some new Night Fae soul shapes, which includes a bat:

According to this article, it was found on a Torghast Layer 16 run:

A shame these aren’t account wide to my knowledge, but I figured I’d mention it for anyone interested. Maybe if we get playable San’layn, those who would go Night Fae could have a bat soulshape to look forward to! :wine_glass::bat:

4 Likes

Followed and retweeted!

3 Likes

I hope blizzard comes to its senses regarding that…

tries to imagine my San’layn being anything but Revendreth… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I suspect my San’layn characters would also be Venthyr. I’m sure people have different ideas and such for their San’layn to go to other covenants, whether it fits their character or they like the skills better.

Speaking of, I’m slowly collecting transmogs, mounts, and such from each of the covenants. I’d be curious to see how San’layn would look in some of the Venthyr transmogs. Some may not fit since they’re different type of vampires, but maybe some would fit very well! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

I can’t believe this thread is still here.

Still hoping for red eye customization for Belfs if nothing else.

8 Likes

For sure.

I can think of a few reasons to go to the others.

Recently let one of my druids choose Maldraxxus and I kinda like it…

Hey that’s what I decided to do the other day.

Not just for San’layn, but there are good sets among the covenants. Would fit for many toons.

It’ll stay until the San’layn are playable.

Yeah. Wish they’d add that. It’s a two for one.

San’layn and Dark Rangers would be playable almost. Just need to give us some pallid looks with it and it’ll be a good rp option.

4 Likes

Yes, definitely. This would be fantastic! I could be happy with these options.

3 Likes

I’m sure some high elf folk would agree, but that’s not always enough.

For me though it would be more than enough to get started.

I’d really like them to make a revamped sub-race system.

Where you can pick say Blood Elf and be given a list of choices from there.

Blood Elf, Dark Ranger, San’layn, Illidari, Felblood(?) and so on.

5 Likes

*Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and the Netflix animated series.

She’s a Banshee, not a Darkfallen.

Lots to read through but yeah some good stuff in there.

There’s some potential here though. Despite Dreven and some of his people being slain, i don’t think it’s confirmed that ALL Darkfallen were slain. i could see them being added as an allied race too, since al the allied races so far are modified versions of existing races anyway.

That would be amazing. I use to think certain things were off the table for good, but with all the shake-ups going on… I am starting to feel a small glimmer of hope for the future.

…well… maybe “hope” is too strong a word. I suppose the future is just more uncertain than it used to be.

1 Like

I’ve often thought the Dark Ranger racial should be a banshee wail ability. Might not even have to act any differently than the blood elf one does…

That’s kinda how I feel too.

Then again I’ve felt like that several times of late only to lose it again…

I do hope a subrace concept one day comes to pass.

I can see it being helpful for so many races and fixing some of this customization VS ar kerfuffle too.

4 Likes

September 22nd will mark the 4 year anniversary of this megathread, and we’re still going strong! :muscle::vampire:

A lot of us have a lot of passion that keeps us going. Speaking for myself, when I post in support of a race I want playable, I legitimately want to see them playable. Horde San’layn are among my most wanted playable races and are something that would make me very happy to see become a reality.

To be honest, it can be a tough road to traverse when it comes to keeping up support for playable races we want to see, but it’s something myself and others are in for the long-term. I mean, I’ve been wanting playable Horde Ogres since I first started playing WoW shortly after BC came out, but the passion is still there for me despite the wait.

We will continue to keep up the support for Horde San’layn and other races we want to see. Hopefully, we’ll see them playable sooner than later! :wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

Some pretty exciting changes are coming with some of WoW’s features becoming cross faction:

I’m wondering if this may open the door for more things to become cross faction in the future. Right now, guilds aren’t cross faction, but maybe that could change in the future, for example.

Seems like more and more fan requests are getting looked at and considered. Hopefully, that means they’ll be looking at the customization and new playable race requests going on also for the future. We can only hope and keep at it! :wine_glass::bat:

9 Likes

With luck this rash of listening to players is a very good sign.

I’d love to see the San’layn join the Horde as an AR or as customization. (Or even better in a Sub-Race system to Blood Elves.)

8 Likes