San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Would be cool if we could pick ‘sclera color’ and ‘iris color’ for sure. And whether or not there would be a pupil present, come to think of it. That level of customization sounds cool though and it’s unfortunate there’s no signs of advancement like that. I suppose we can keep hoping they’re listening though to those who really want it.

2 Likes

Indeed!! They need to because people are leaving in literal droves. I’m currently playing FFXIV as we speak lol and even though I have no option for evil, I’m enjoying it

1 Like

100% SOLID this is never happening.

Do any of you read the rest of the forum? Blizzard isn’t adding any of this. WoW’s on maintenance mode after 9.2.

This ain’t Yoshi P.

Yep I was playing quite a bit myself, but I got kicked out of it due to disconnect and the queue is horrible. I love it though. Saving up for my FC house, we’ll totally have enough by the time the next patch expands housing ^^ I LOVE the housing so much though, even my tiny apartments for my characters are just a little piece of them and it’s great :slight_smile:

Here’s to hoping some customization/AR passionate people get onto the council. Thus far I heard it’s only streamers which is unfortunate.

1 Like

I’m a dancer on FF and I wish WoW had bards and dancers in it because I love the utility an damage we do

1 Like

Oh yeah, I ADORE bards and really wish they were in WoW. Dancer is neat too, I haven’t looked into it but it might be something I do someday!

It’s so fun! It’s basically bard, but with chakrams and you preform dance steps that buff a single person you’re partnered with, or the whole party and aoe damage after. Plus the outfits are chic

1 Like

Oh yeah those outfits are great, i love them so much. Speaking of which, the dying system in FFXIV though, I could DIE for it. HAH!

1 Like

I personally prefer the glowy eyes, which is why I use the most glowy on every character that I can and why I would still prefer to have the choice of whether mine actually glow or not on every character that doesn’t so it would be nice to have lots more options added. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Well, my interest in the game is completely obliterated. I can come nowhere close to describing my hurt, rage and frustration with the lore, characters and story on the forums without getting locked in the WoW naughty hole.

3 Likes

You rang? Kidding, kidding. Lol. :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Like I’m very frustrated because it seems like the entire message there was ‘banshee part bad, high elf part good’. What message does that send? It keeps kicking the undead in general to the dirt as, once again, just mindless evil characters meant to be the punching bags for the heroes to feel good. Undead used to have nuance, then this garbage comes out.

“Oh actually Sylvanas was only evil cause the banshee/undead side of her was bad the entire time, haha!”

Are you kidding me? Does this apply only to those slain by Frostmourne or are we getting this nonsense plotline of 'haha their undead parts are EEEEEEEVIL" for every bloody character killed by Frostmourne? I thought it was because, at the time, they had no free will during lich king ruling.

Now you’re going to tell me that there’s a potential narrative that it’s impossible for something to be good when undead?

6 Likes

I think’s its more the frostmourne bit, as the Jailer tends to have souls that interacted with the mourneblade.

It better be just a frostmourne bit, because that took the wind out of my sails real fast. If they would clarify that bit I would feel considerably better though still not be as happy of a camper given the really basic, dry ‘oooo undead evil scary’ nonsense.

I know I shouldn’t feel this hurt and cynical, but that’s probably what they’re doing. They’re going to remove everything that made the undead interesting and nuanced to dead Stormwind humans who are one with the light now. It’s nice to be told that no matter what story I have for my character and no matter their alignment that they’re canonically evil if they’re undead.

And don’t get me started on the Exploring Kalimdor and it’s hateful portrayal of the Horde. I guess Blizz figured they’d fix the faction imbalance by annihilating the Horde’s image before its players.

5 Likes

That bloody book is a mess.

They need to throw it away and stamp ‘not canon’ on that nonsense. If I actually get on the council (I doubt I will.) I’ll look into it in depth and break down why it’s so bad, but I’m not putting the energy into looking myself right now. The tidbits I’ve seen are enough.

2 Likes

I believe it to be the frostmourne bit, since in the new trailer that was released they reference there wounds and stuff like where Arthas pierced Uther’s soul. I think mourneblades just have a tendancy to split souls in rage, and since the magic comes from shadowlands the soulfragments get sent to where the Jailer is since I believe frostmourne was made by the Jailer and given to the Nathrezim to plant into the burning legion and spread some Jailer chaos or something. Since the Nathrezim serve Denatharius, thus they served the Jailer. Who know’s if Slyvanas ever talked with the Nathrezim she allied with for a bit. Who knows how much she knew and when she knew all this stuff. There seem to be plot holes in some places that need to be explained. But I guess this explains her drastic character change in undeath. The story is definitely shaky.

I doubt I’ll get on the council either, mainly because I make derisive remarks about Blizzard’s narrative “masterpiece” and call them out on their poor decisions.

2 Likes

Don’t feel like you need to be on a council to make good forum posts. At least that’s what I feel.

1 Like

The ‘council’ felt like a pretty clear ‘we’re not paying attention to the forums’ and ‘those who actually get on it will be able to make a difference’ not ‘those who have posted their ideas for years on here’.

I likely will be done with the game and forums for good if it’s just streamers that make it on there and people interested in PvE. I’m just tired of being ignored and laughed at. It’s time to move on if there’s no sign of the community other than PvE & PvP represented.

2 Likes