San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Those are excellent! I can add them to the main thread if you would like. I just never was truly focused on hair styles because I figured whatever blood elves got, they would give hopefully to San’layn, but modified.

I’ll add those pictures shared to the main post, and apologize for not including them to begin with. I do have some hair styles on the main post for general gothic/punkish style, but I didn’t think much of hairstyles since many figured San’layn would go into being either a sub race for blood elves or get hair from blood elves (Which definitely need more hair styles, I agree, from all different cultures.)

Edit: That first one doesn’t have an artist signature that I can see :frowning:

4 Likes

Yeah they gave every race different skintones, different hair is needed as well. People have spoken out against the corn rows. They need to do better. And those styles are so nice! There have been vampires of different races in the history of the fictional group, even in comics. Very easily could happen in game.

5 Likes

At least I know now from your response it was a genuine misunderstanding :heart: thank you for being so willing to see someone else’s perspective.

3 Likes

Maybe they could take some loose inspiration from Blade and Fallon Grey for shorter looks.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/blade-s-daughter

3 Likes

dont forget eddie. :smiley:

3 Likes

No problem at all! I added that under the ‘hair styles’ tab as well, if you think I’m missing anything that I should do research on to add, I can do so :slight_smile: Of any parts.

Or anyone else here, for that matter. If anyone here, at all, thinks I am not being inclusive in this thread and there needs to be more added to the first post, let me know, and I’ll also do some research for art (With credit too, of course; those images had the artist signature in there which was great!)

I heard there was a reVAMP (hah) of Blade, or at least the premise making a return, soon. I still have to see that movie, I know it’s iconic. I just recently watched “Lost Boys” so that is high on my list for another thing considered a vampire ‘classic’ in my eyes.

Also I used that picture of Blade because it has both a perfect view of his hairstyle and his fangs, which is awesome. I love the lower jawline fangs there as well, that’s not something we see nearly enough in vampires.

6 Likes

What a kind person,

I’m sure there will be other ideas people want to add as the thread continues, but your easily empathized additions feel like the current plight of humanity’s co-existence being fixed so effortlessly in a take-notes manner, and is more than I can ask for.

I’m 99% sure I’m a San’Lyn fan now and can’t wait to main :heart:

5 Likes

Aw I appreciate that! Yeah, it’s always important to listen in my opinion, so I thank you for bringing this up kindly :slight_smile:

I think it’d be beneficial to have a ‘hairstyles in general’ post that I can link in the first post for hairstyle ideas (Gothic/punkish that would fit the vampyr, maybe some others too of course) that include everyone’s ideas and are also inclusive.

I’ll make collect a variety of hairstyles in general, then folks can suggest others to add to said post, and those entering the thread can go to the post, see the hairstyle ideas, and hopefully see one they enjoy or suggest one for an addition! (if it’s art, I’ll credit it, or make sure the artist signature is on that)

4 Likes

weird video

5 Likes

The artstation link for Fallon Grey could also be used for inspiration for piercings. Which would be cool too. And I’d love for jewelry like the vial of blood necklace. Really wish jewelry were moggable via gear.

2 Likes

Seems like a hint that we are going to follow Zovaal into his coven and discover more about the First Ones.

2 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t mind myself.

I’m a big fan of those hairstyles.

Hmm… They were suggested by another poster I’ll see if I can track down the artist.

Yeah the Cornrows are disappointing.

I hope blizzard does a better job in the future.

1 Like

THE HAIR STYLE POST!

These are hairstyles we would like to see for San’layn!

Hairstyles for Curls

Hair Styles for Straight/straightened hair

(Credit: https://twitter.com/NoteszB/status/1384882915767693312?s=09 )

(credit: https://twitter.com/dearHadrian)

Braided hairstyles

Short hairstyles

((Please suggest additions in a reply to this thread! If you can’t link images, use ` on each side of your link!))

like this

Note: These should apply to blood elves (could work for void elves too) in general as well, but especially if San’layn are added as a customization rather than AR.

7 Likes

Fallon Grey as well for one of the short ones, since her hair is bit different than her dad.

And some thing like this

https://shorthaircutsmodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Short-Haircuts-for-Black-Women-72.jpg

6 Likes

you forgot eddie. hehe
its slick top and sides, bottom long and curly

2 Likes

I’mma link both of yours on there thanks, appreciate it!

Oh gods her hair looks so nice ^^ That’s amazing!

As for the recent tweet, honestly beats me. Runes of some sort? I am unsure.

5 Likes

it has a sound file too. is that the sound the gate makes that jailer and anduin went thru?

2 Likes

It sounds pretty maw related, which is a shame, given I know there’s plenty here who…really dislike the maw. (I don’t like it either. >.>)

Edit: Looking at quote tweets, someone mentioned brokers, so there’s that to consider…

The way Blizz keeps trying to force the Maw on us is so non-consensual.

1 Like

You would think undead get a ton of stuff this expansion. Sadly that’s not how blizzard does things. I think Tyrande and the night elves had more story then the forsaken. Unless you count Slyvanas as being forsaken still.

In Legion you would think that’s where Warlocks would have gotten cool stuff and demons, blizzard didn’t do that then either. So as much as logically it would make sense to have dark ranger stuff now, blizzard doesn’t seem to do those sorts of stuff. Even dks haven’t gotten much love in the story or aesthetically. The maldraxxin covenant could be thought of as a dk zone though but that is very loose even though Maldraxxis is basically the home of necromancy magic.

I do hope we get more undead stuff, right now the closest thing to dark ranger stuff is the legendary bow from the raid… but you have to be a raider to get that to even drop sadly. I haven’t raided seriously in a while. Just a big collecter here.

I do hope we get something though but from the past it seems there is a disconnect there and mostly cosmetic stuff is planned at the start. I do hope I am wrong though.

4 Likes